• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
inVRyaEg6A5iz.gif

I will say this for Impact, I'm actually finding it easier to watch than RAW, even if it hasn't been particularly great.

Alucard

Banned
I will say this for Impact, I'm actually finding it easier to watch than RAW, even if it hasn't been particularly great.

It's the pacing. Impact's usually pretty rapid fire, so even if a segment isn't "great," it's often over pretty quickly. And the focus on storytelling and constantly pushing things forward makes it much more digestible than a 3-hour Raw. And hey, you're usually guaranteed a fun-to-great match on most episodes too.

somedevil

It's the pacing. Impact's usually pretty rapid fire, so even if a segment isn't "great," it's often over pretty quickly. And the focus on storytelling and constantly pushing things forward makes it much more digestible than a 3-hour Raw. And hey, you're usually guaranteed a fun-to-great match on most episodes too.

That last part is a lie. Raw trounces them when its comes to match quality now and great storytelling? Come on you can say that after the pay per view?

Ultratech

This is true.

At least now that I put some thought into it anyways.

3 Hour RAWs do tend to drag on quite a bit.

(Also, Slammiversary is coming to Dallas!)

That last part is a lie. Raw trounces them when its comes to match quality now and great storytelling? Come on you can say that after the pay per view?

It's TNA. Sure, it doesn't ALWAYS happen, but when it does, it's not too bad. (Otherwise, LOL TNA.)

Alucard

Banned

I agree that Raw's overall match quality is better than Impact's, but I much prefer TNA's philosophy of every segment actually meaning something, even if it's not always the greatest thing in the world, over Raw's filler matches.

Sanada/Tigre Uno already provided tonight's "fun" match.

Anderson/Shaw was quick and painless, but didn't really need the "street fight" stipulation.

It's kind of crazy how much better the commentating is on NXT. When Alex Riley(?) says the joke about that's why Mason Ryan looks soft and the other dude says "c'mon help the talent", is such a stark contrast from bury mode in WWE. I also find Renee naturally delightful and not stiff or forced like somebody like AJ.

jred2k

Anderson wins, blessedly short match. Gawd, I hate Anderson.

Also, if they were going to have Lashley use Dixie's picture as a weapon, you'd think they'd have printed it on something tougher than cardboard;
Bully's sign backstage seemed to be made of cardboard and tinfoil as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Err, the Jumping Bomb Angels were (probably still are, I don't keep up with women's wrestling that much despite my love of early 90's All Japan Women's stuff) the most prolific and well regarded women's tag team...ever. Over like Rover. Their WWF ppv work is phenomenal especially considering the quality of some of their opponents.

Alucard

Banned
See...these little shadowy vignettes are the way Willow should have been introduced. Not the botched dive in the middle of a big messy match at Lockdown.

Vylash

Just watched the Dixie Carter tribute thing, I have to admit them turning it into a political attack ad on MVP was the best

Alucard

Banned
Hmm, not quite sure what to make of that Willow segment. The intro filter was pretty cool, I guess, but the camera editing messed up a bit early on. Once they got it, it was pretty decent.

somedevil

I'm thankful for Ken Anderson for waking Bully out of his manic depressive state of wanting to set people on fire and piledriving Pregnant women and babies.

Alright. Overall I thought it was a great episode of TNA.
-New Knockout
-Return of Angelina Love
-Sanada & Tigre Uno
-Amazing segment from EC3 and Spud
-Samoa Joe is getting another tittle shot
-Willow beat the crap put of Spud
-Bully Ray

The one thing that I didn't enjoy
-Shaw/Anderson

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why anyone would ever want to see Magnus and Samoa Joe again is beyond me. They sucked even before the match went off the rails. Joe has lost it, Magnus never had it.

Alucard

Banned
I like his promos but every time he steps in the ring the illusion that he is any good at this wrestling thing just washes away. I'd rather have Rockstar Spud.

I still like Joe in the ring. He has some of the most believable punches in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom