• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I know the internet is down on it, but I feel like this match has potential. Hell, anything with the Shield is going to be awesome.

No, they're just sick of the vanilla good guys that happen to have no in-ring personality, either.

Bret hart was about as vanilla as it could get in the early 90s, but he had a gimmick to him:

#1: He was a master technician, the excellence of execution. Every match he had a strategy and he put it in motion. Even if it involved heel in-ring tactics at times.

#2: He always gave it his all. No, really, when guys like cena say they DO. NOT. QUIT, Bret said that and the matches were booked to back that up. He would always find a way to counter a submission, claw his way to the ropes, or stay in a submission for like 10 minutes until someone threw in the towel (see: Bret vs Backlund).

All you need is SOMETHING to make a guy stand out. Cena is just as vanilla as it gets.

That was 15 years ago though. I'm not saying you can't get over with a good guy gimmick (see: Bryan,) but it's also why a lot of fans are dying for an anti-hero.

I really don't get the appeal of Reigns. Ambrose and Rollins are obviously the stand outs of the group. I really hate the focus on Reigns.

Ithil

The New Age Outlaws specifically asked to work with the Shield in a program, according to the Observer, so that's why they're in this match.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane & NAO shouldn't even show up, honestly, and don't break up the Shield.

Forget Reigns, it's Rollins who should emerge as top face.

Anth0ny

They need to NOT break up the Shield for like, another six months at least. They're amazing as faces.

I think the logic is to get all three over as faces (since they obviously work best together), then at some point Ambrose/Rollins turn on Reigns. Enter super god babyface singles push for Reigns.

Ithil

I really don't get the appeal of Reigns. Ambrose and Rollins are obviously the stand outs of the group. I really hate the focus on Reigns.

1390976873125k6ktn.gif

That's pretty much it.

Focus has changed throughout the Shield's existence. Rollins gets the most ring time and is pretty much called the mastermind while Roman is the sexy muscle and Dean is awesomely insane. Don't worry, your Indy heroes are gonna be ok....I just hope they don't break up.

NoTacos

Kane & NAO shouldn't even show up, honestly, and don't break up the Shield.

Forget Reigns, it's Rollins who should emerge as top face.
Reigns could be a decent face but Rollins would be a fan favorite. Wish they would give roman a more unpredictable move set though, besides being the master of the stealth spear

strobogo

Banned
I've never been to a Raw taping. What actually happens live inside the arena during a commercial break inbetween ring entrances?

Fucking death. You get to watch commercials on the titan tron as the music cuts out and dims, and then comes back on when the show comes on. Or in the case of jobber entrances, they come out during the dark while a promo video is playing on screen and then the show comes back and all of the sudden their music is playing like it has been playing the whole time. But it isn't.

Was initially upset about this list, but I see what you're saying now. They were just inducted because of their contributions to wrestling in general.

Yes. Which is why the "Vince didn't create it so it didn't happen" line is bullshit. The majority of the WWE HOF is made up of people who wrestled for Vince's dad, didn't wrestle for Vince at all, or made their careers elsewhere and wrestled for WWE briefly or didn't do much during the time they were there. Despite the constant shitting on WCW, Vince has been responsible for putting out so much footage, documentaries, and general information about the territories and things he had nothing to do with. It's not like it is the 80s and 90s anymore where not only are other promotions not acknowledged, but many well known stars from other places are treated as unknowns or go under name/gimmick changes just because. Fuck, WWE.com has had write ups about ROH and CHIKARA recently. And other promotions like CZW, NJPW, AJPW, and NOAH being mentioned. Vince might not be in charge of the website, but it is still his company and there has never been a time when things that weren't Vince's creation were put out there and put over.

They could have picked someone better to tag with Kane though. Like literally anyone bar the The Ascension who are even worse...

I don't know if the Ascension are actually worse. At least they'd look like they could still be a threat because the Old Age Authority don't look like any challenge after The Shield just beat Cesaro and Swagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom