• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Prototype

Doing some reading on setups seems heavy + pipe or Falcon are the combos that people are using.

Why is this? Is the speed from the fastest karts not worth it?

ffdgh

Doing some reading on setups seems heavy + pipe or Falcon are the combos that people are using.

It's more of an acceleration/poor balance thing.

Statswise(for Bowser, Wario, Morton, Heavy mii) there's almost no reason to use the fastest combo over Pipeframe/slick
due to it's stats and because of the way acceleration tiers work in this game.

Roo

Like ffdgh said, most high speed karts come with awful accel which is not ideal for the average player considering you get hit all the time.
That's why people opt for a more balanced combo (in this case Pipe Frame and Blue Falcon).
Both have decent speed and accel which make them ideal most of the time

Both of those combos hold multiple WRs (esp. pipe frame IIRC). Those *are* the fastest on many tracks. That combined with 2 accel = best to use for multiplayer. It's not just the accel guys. :p

ffdgh

Both of those combos hold multiple WRs (esp. pipe frame IIRC). Those *are* the fastest on many tracks. That combined with 2 accel = best to use for multiplayer. It's not just the accel guys. :p
To be fair, I did say it's stats and acceleration. :p

Blue falcon is starting to replace a few records tho.

Prototype

Thanks for the replies.

I thought it had something to do with the hidden stats, didn't think it was just a balance thing.

Edit.
I'm still using bikes but I've switched from sports to master cycle. (Slicks on both) for the extra speed. Not sure if it helps, but it seems like the master cycle with Slicks is the best for inward drift bikes.

Top Bottom