• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Boney

Banned
Is there anything other than fire hopping that I should know? Just learned about yesterday even though I still don't have it right.

Like idk maybe I don't even drift right

ffdgh

Is there anything other than fire hopping that I should know? Just learned about yesterday even though I still don't have it right.

There's an advance drifting technique called soft drifting.
Acceleration only kicks in at full bars aka...2-2.75 is the same, 3-3.75 is the same and so on.
Sarcasm: If you're not using a heavy weight you're doing it wrong.

Acceleration only kicks in at full bars aka...2-2.75 is the same, 3-3.75 is the same and so on.
Apparently 2.25 is actually a legitimate tier, but usually you give up weight to reach that and the difference in acceleration is less notable than the weight loss.

Roo

As a side note, never toss all red shells at once.
That simply doesn't work like.. At all

Boney

Banned
Try holding diagonals when drifting and see what happens.

There, done :p
Hmmm seems faster wow

But cat peach :(
Apparently 2.25 is actually a legitimate tier, but usually you give up weight to reach that and the difference in acceleration is less notable than the weight loss.
Hmmmrrmmmmm
Lol boney hit yourself with your own shell. :p
I know :(((

Boney

Banned
It gives you a softer angle with the same MT charging speed as a full left/right. This lets you get a lot more red MTs than usualy. combine with firehopping for max results
So you can use less pronounced curves to get red fire?

Also when doing tricks and gliding, how should I press the stick?
I'm so casual hehe

I feel your pain...Love (cat) Peach but getting bumped by heavies is maddening at times.
But... Nyuuu :(

So you can use less pronounced curves to get red fire?

Also when doing tricks and gliding, how should I press the stick?
Yes.

It also lets you squeeze in blues where otherwise you wouldn't be able to without going all over the place.

As for the stick... It depends on the situation. Just watch TTs for your favorite courses to get the hang of what's up.

I feel like whoever used that lightning was just waiting for me to use my blue shell :X
Oh, I was waiting for somebody to be on the grass with a mushroom.

The flaw in my plan was that I was blindsided by some shell. Then in the next race I got *two* lightnings but only managed like fifth :X

Top Bottom