• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Here I was gloating because I got hit with a blue shell while I had a starman active, and then I go and get hit with a 2nd in the final lap. lol

Good games. I'd say it was fun, but the races where I was getting wombo combo'd by people's shell shields and stars as they passed weren't even close to being fun. :p

Banzai

Could someone say what exactly the difference between MK8 and DD is? Because my friends are really good at DD but seriously suck at 8. I bought a Wii U and MK8 just so I could play with them but they can't even beat 150cc bots...

The driving felt different to me in the beginning, too, but come on.

Roo

Could someone say what exactly the difference between MK8 and DD is? Because my friends are really good at DD but seriously suck at 8. I bought a Wii U and MK8 just so I could play with them but they can't even beat 150cc bots...

Well, they're completely different.
Different mechanics, drift system, physics, items, etc.

Azuran

Banned

Double Dash just feels so slow these days even in 150cc compared to 8.

Banzai

But in the end it's still just sliding around turns and shooting items, isn't it? My roommate plays just as much as me but he pretty much only places 11th or 12th. I don't get it.

Roo

But in the end it's still just sliding around turns and shooting items, isn't it? My roommate plays just as much as me but he pretty much only places 11th or 12th. I don't get it.

Well, theoretically they're the same but those elements I mentioned are enough to make them feel completely different.
My sister used to be really reaaally good at Mario Kart Wii but for whatever reason she's not into MK8. She said the game feels "off". I guess the same happens to your friends.

DooD1234

Tonight was a fun and crazy and murderous night. I want to share with you some of my favorite replays that I thought was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvm_A7NHMck

If there was ever a moment in Mario Kart 8 that wanted me to yell "FUCK THIS GAME!" it would be this race. Seriously, in the first lap of the bridge I got hit by every fucking conceivable items in this game barely moving an inch. For what ever reason, the Mario Kart gods felt pity for me and decided to bless me with items I actually needed to pull through in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWtntXYz6E

This race is one of the rare few instances where I use my offensive item and it hit the opponents and actually slows them down for a change. Seriously, some of you guys ever experience a time where on your end you hit your opponent but nothing really happens to them? Well, for once they actually slow down for me although Burning still almost robbed me somehow looking at the replay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stWwwfaO_aI

One banana peel almost cost me an entire race, ONE FUCKING BANANA PEEL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TneR-hor8qc

I don't know why this replay has this weird one scene where I threw a red shell and it repeated itself for some reason...and went for the wrong target, it was suppose to be meant for Burning not whoever I just hit. Miraculously I butted heads with Burning and came out ahead thanks to RNG. Also love the part where a green shell somehow homes in on someone directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgUaavR0h3I

My favorite part is when I robbed Merrick of his 1st place and subsequently Merrick got murdered by Burning it even in the replay. Other notable scene is when Merrick randomly threw green shells and successfully still hit me. Another is when I crashed into Rosalina with a star but she kept going and still got hit by a bullet bill and kept going. Seriously, you're hit, stop moving.

Roo

Thanks to the Mercedes DLC we got full room yesterday and today as well.
You just need to join a little bit earlier.

Is he aware of the way MTs work in MK Wii and beyond? If he's trying to charge them up the way you do in DD instead of focusing solely on the lines then that would be enough to give him some trouble.

The physics are also pretty different so they need some getting used to.

Seriously, some of you guys ever experience a time where on your end you hit your opponent but nothing really happens to them?
It's a side effect of lag meaning your game isn't synced with what's really happening in the other persons at that exact moment.

Looking forward to watching your clips.

69wpm

Man, got destroyed on Electrodome yesterday..

DemandingPalatableEsok.gif

What you can't see in the jif is, that I got hit by a red shell, than a blue shell, then a red one again. Still, Pink Gold Peach is fabulous in the Silver Arrow with gold tires.

Banzai

Is he aware of the way MTs work in MK Wii and beyond? If he's trying to charge them up the way you do in DD instead of focusing solely on the lines then that would be enough to give him some trouble.

The physics are also pretty different so they need some getting used to.

MT? Do you mean how you had to wiggle the stick in DD to charge boost? ...Maybe. I'll ask him about it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I feel like I should stop using Baby Rosalina so I could have an easier time putting Isabelle as my top used when she comes...

Vinci

Danish
I must be the only person who hates Dry Dry Desert. Every damn time it's an option, people overwhelmingly choose it. I mean, I can do decently well on it - usually get in the Top 3 or 4 - but it's such an oddly paced course.

Arclaid

Can guarantee that you're not the only one who hates Dry Dry Desert. The only time I don't hate it is when I keep getting triple mushrooms.

Roo

I must be the only person who hates Dry Dry Desert. Every damn time it's an option, people overwhelmingly choose it. I mean, I can do decently well on it - usually get in the Top 3 or 4 - but it's such an oddly paced course.

Dry Dry Desert is awesome tho.
My favorite Desert track from the entire series <3

Gattuso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgUaavR0h3I

My favorite part is when I robbed Merrick of his 1st place and subsequently Merrick got murdered by Burning it even in the replay. Other notable scene is when Merrick randomly threw green shells and successfully still hit me. Another is when I crashed into Rosalina with a star but she kept going and still got hit by a bullet bill and kept going. Seriously, you're hit, stop moving.
If I didn't land off road a little from that ramp during that final turn slowing me down a lot, Burning wouldn't have been able to get me.

braves01

Banned
Man, lights are so terrible in 150cc. Even after hitting perfect time trial lines with 10 coins for two laps, one shell hits you and you're already back in the middle of the pack. I don't think any combination of parts can make them good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom