• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Tennis Impressions and Movies(7) from NGS.

Memles

So wow...seems like a pretty kickass tennis game, with the same kind of manic multiplayer and awesome tennis action we expect.

In other news, my major question is whether or not it is possible to do two-player Tournaments, an impossibility in Mario Tennis 64. I'm thinking somewhat of a SSB type tournament, with full brackets, allowing for 8-Player tournaments to be held. If so, there are definite multiplayer capabilities beyond my wildest dreams.

And...

Birdo is out in favor of Koopa Troopa.
Paratroopa is out in favor of Bowser Jr.
DK Jr. out in favor of Diddy Kong

I'm almost contemplating getting this thing shipped as fast as possible to me, even at an extra cost. Can't wait to form some awesome tournaments with this one.

Videos can only give further hope for its quality. A+, Camelot and Nintendo.

The Fifty Gold Stars won't be awarded until I figure out if there is REALLY an increase in difficulty in Tournament mode. Here's hoping.

Memles

methodman said:
GOD DAMNIT NINTENDO! WHY CANT YOU HAVE AN ONLINE SERVICE ALREADY!

Because they fucking hate you.

At this point, I say stop whining about it and focus on the positive aspects of the title. It was fine when there was some shred of hope. Now...just forget it and move on.

ohamsie

How do you know Birdo and Paratroopa aren't in it?

I think I might buy this game just for the intro movie. The one for Mario Golf was so gorgeous.

=W=

As long as they don't get rid of Baby Mario. Nobody puts Baby Mario in the corner.

I w/ Baby Mario > all.

Screenboy

Coen said:
No Baby Mario or Toad? This makes me cry...

He'll probably be unlockable.

MarioTennis_Toad.jpg

-SB

Memles

Toad may turn out to be a secret character, along with Toadette maybe...

I'd expect Baby Mario/Baby Luigi, Toad/Toadette...but without Yoshi, I don't think Birdo has a way to scoot in as part of a double pairing.

olimario

Banned
I don't understand why characters are ever dropped.
How pointless to drop them. Just keep adding.

Can you imagine if the next Smah Bros. is missing characters found in Melee?

Deku Tree

I hope there are just alot of unlockable characters.
One complaint that alot of people had about Double Dash was too few unlockables,
hopefully these and other characters are Nintendo's way of adding unlockables.

Memles

Deku Tree said:
I hope there are just alot of unlockable characters.
One complaint that alot of people had about Double Dash was too few unlockables,
hopefully these and other characters are Nintendo's way of adding unlockables.

Well...they offered 4 extra characters for MG:TT, so that's why I'd expect the Babies and Toad/Toadette to make it.

I think Paratroopa didn't make the cut, as with Birdo, because they are too close to existing characters (Yoshi, Koopa Troopa combined with Boo). I think Birdo has a chance of being a secret character, but doubt Paratroopa will make the cut.

I'd rather see Birdo and Toad than Toad and Toadette; too similar.

Top Bottom