• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martin St. Louis = cover athlete of ESPN NHL 2K5

DMczaf

http://www.operationsports.com/news.asp?newsid=28196

SAN RAFAEL, CA- (June 14, 2004) - ESPN Videogames today announced that Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay Lightning right wing and current NHL MVP, will be ESPN NHL 2K5's cover athlete. A premier figure in the NHL, St. Louis helped lead the Tampa Bay Lightning to the 2003-04 Stanley Cup, and was the recipient of the Art Ross Memorial Trophy recognizing him as the league leader in scoring. As only the eighth player ever to win the MVP, Art Ross Trophy, and Stanley Cup in a single season, St. Louis has cemented his place in NHL history.

you can check out the cover here

http://www.espnvideogames.com/

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This will be the best playing hockey game of the year. Sorry Markus, but the EA albatross is dragging you down!

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Sweet! Martin St. Louis rocks.

Where is the cover I cant see it on the site. Why not just post it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The cover is on the Flash portion, so you can't link to it.

As for the pokechecking, it's tuned way down in 2K4. If you keep losing the puck, it's because you're not stickhandling correctly. 2K3 was the worst for pokechecking.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
2K4 toned down? LOL!

Countless times somebody is chasing me and somehow pokechecks me from behind. It gets really retarded. I play ice hockey a lot and I think I've only been pokechecked like a whole... 3 times. None of them were by a forward or defenceman either :p

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DopeyFish said:
2K4 toned down? LOL!

Countless times somebody is chasing me and somehow pokechecks me from behind. It gets really retarded. I play ice hockey a lot and I think I've only been pokechecked like a whole... 3 times. None of them were by a forward or defenceman either :p
Then you, sir, are a weaksauce 2K4 player!

FightyF

Banned
To avoid pokechecks just hit B to protect the puck. If they are coming swinging from behind, to an analog deke (around 15 up to the right or left) and you'll flip the puck over to yourself and they can't hit it, but to do this you'll need some space ahead of you because you lose control of the puck for a second.

I liked Roenick being on the cover the last couple of years, and I wished he was on this year's cover because this year was quite eventful for him :). But St. Louis is A-OK...he is the MVP after all.

Top Bottom