• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

I bought her on the 21st... So will they just refund half of what I spend then since it's BOGO or?

Also, how do you do a support ticket? Do I have to make an account on their message board site or can I do it in game?

You'll get the the 25% off and a rando box as per the sale. I'm not sure if you can cash in on the 50% off Black Friday sale itself. But maybe.

Wait are you serious now? I can never tell with you

Yeah homie I only get like 180 ping it's not that bad.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got cable to 60 finally. It's an X-giving miracle.

inky

I got Magik from 1 to 60 yesterday and it wasn't painful. I even did my dailies after that and I am thinking of playing today again.

Maybe I still like this game a bit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 things

first, they finally fixed the character screen so your equiped team ups show up

two, LOL at Tara Strong's russian voice for Magik, holy shit

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
initial impressions on her are, shockingly for me I know, super positive. guess its time for god emperor doom to pass along his good summon gear along to someone else. Sorry Doomy

Rhaknar

oh nvm I hate Magik. Youre limited to how many demons you can have lol. Unless theres some way to increase your command bar that im missing, you only have 8 "slots" and shit like the lvl 12 demon takes 5(1) of them. so you either have small demons or a big demon?

yeah fuck THAT

Rhaknar

It's called strategy.

actually its called bad game design, and and it pretty much ruins the character for me. Oh well, at least now I finally feel what other people have felt with various other characters as they came out.

actually its called bad game design, and and it pretty much ruins the character for me. Oh well, at least now I finally feel what other people have felt with various other characters as they came out.
I fail to see how that's bad game design. Wouldn't the opposite be true?

inky

You can still have 8 of the little demons running around, or 1 big and a few small ones or power up your sword.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Rhaknar

I fail to see how that's bad game design. Wouldn't the opposite be true?

no it wouldnt. As a summoner / pet fan, I want a variety of pets, not to have to choose between them. And its not like the game doesnt already do that, Doom with his army of bots or Rocket with his million turrets and Groot.

bad game design might be a poor choice of words I guess...bad character design, there, is that better? again, this is my personal opinion and expectation of a summon character in a action rpg.

You can still have 8 of the little demons running around, or 1 big and a few small ones or power up your sword.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

it is for me. Also, that means you cant fully spec demon tree, because you would baiscally be wasting points on stuff you cant use. So once again, you need to be a hybrid. In my opinion thats a bad character design. I would bring up the Diablo games (or most other rpgs) as examples but it would just be beating a dead horse at this point.

If you like her and dont care thats completely fine btw. Its just not what I wanted when I expected a proper summoner class.

It's not bad design at all, just something you don't like. I think having a choice of customizing your demon "load out" is neat. The more this game moves away from letting players just have everything they want the better. If you want millions of summon go play Doreen.

Indignate

She only has 15 ok chill.

"Hey guys if you like this character it's ok but she's really shit and poorly designed you should probably feel bad for liking her but that's ok still it's totally your fault."

Just expanding on why some people might be defensive on what is your personal opinion. It would just help if you didn't sound so patronizing, there, is that better?

inky

Well, in the games I've played you do have a choice because you can't power up every summon there either.

I'm not defensive about it either. I understand what you are saying, and if your expectation was Diablo 2 summoner then yea, this isn't that. It's more like Diablo 3 Witch Doctor. When I first saw the tree it didn't seem like she had that many different minions, and you can still have 3 different ones out at the same time I guess, so that's why I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Rhaknar

She only has 15 ok chill.

"Hey guys if you like this character it's ok but she's really shit and poorly designed you should probably feel bad for liking her but that's ok still it's totally your fault."

Just expanding on why some people might be defensive on what is your personal opinion.

where did I say you shoudl feel bad for liking her? I specifically said its my problem, I had expectations that werent met, and I think its a bad design choice to limit her summon options. I also think its a bad design to give characters 10 dashes for example, and others disagree

its like when people say "this game is bad". Its implied that what you are actually saying is " in my opinion this game is bad", not that "im god so I dictate that my opinion is law"

Im not Doom :p

Well, in the games I've played you do have a choice because you can't power up every summon there either.

I'm not defensive about it either. I understand what you are saying, and if your expectation was Diablo 2 summoner then yea, this isn't that. It's more like Diablo 3 Witch Doctor. When I first saw the tree it didn't seem like she had that many different minions, and you can still have 3 different ones out at the same time I guess, so that's why I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

actually in diablo 3 you can have all your pets out aswell. You can have your gargantuan, your million dogs, your little imp things from the zunimassa set or the perk, etc. It just wont be a very good build because in that game you only have the 6 spells to use at one time. But hey, you can do it, its your choice to nerf yourself and do it if you want :)

But yes like you said, I expected Diablo 2 Necromancer. In fact, I specifically saw people say it was like the Necromancer, and its not at all

It's not bad design at all, just something you don't like. I think having a choice of customizing your demon "load out" is neat. The more this game moves away from letting players just have everything they want the better. If you want millions of summon go play Doreen.

Ill get my summon fix from Doom and Rocket, fuck Doreen. By the way you said there was some bug with the pet resource, what is it? or is it fixed?

Ploid 3.0

Gazillion should just give up on summoners. Throw away the summoner itemization, and just give characters possible pets that stick around that does damage based on the master's stats.

I removed a lot of my summon damage gear and omegas and did a lot better. Next time I'm on I'm just going to have one summon skill at 20 as putting 20 in pets that I can't fully summon is a waste of points (not to mention the AI behavior). Then I'll probably just be fed up with the AI doing what it wants, attacking things I don't want to focus.

I like summon classes in ARPGs. It would be less of a problem if I could freely move around my gear without having to unbind, throw away (medallions, uru rune words), and clog up my stash with summoner gear.

Edit: maybe things will change when they adjust the damage of the summons. If they were a bit stronger I could see myself shifting and adjusting the summons I call for specific situations. The Pokemon build where all summons are maxed.

Rhaknar

Gazillion should just give up on summoners. Throw away the summoner itemization, and just give characters possible pets that stick around that does damage based on the master's stats.

I removed a lot of my summon damage gear and omegas and did a lot better. Next time I'm on I'm just going to have one summon skill at 20 as putting 20 in pets that I can't fully summon is a waste of points (not to mention the AI behavior). Then I'll probably just be fed up with the AI doing what it wants, attacking things I don't want to focus.

I like summon classes in ARPGs. It would be less of a problem if I could freely move around my gear without having to unbind, throw away (medallions, uru rune words), and clog up my stash with summoner gear.

actually thats another problem I have with her design. If you cant have all the pets, it makes gearing up for pet dmg much less appealing. Anyway, Ive cooled down on my anger about it now (it was literally me playing her in game and being all excited looking at all the summon spells she had, getting to level 12 and putting points in the fat guy pet and then not being able to use him because I hadnt read the Command bar lol).

So I guess a melee or spell ranger with apropriate gear, and then 20 points into one of the big pets like the dragon is probably the way to go. Basically what I do with Iceman (I still use the golems, but I dont gear for them)

Still bummed she isnt what I wanted her to be, the dream of D2 Necro remains just that, a distant dream >_>

Ploid 3.0

Yes that's a reason I think dropping the summon damage or trying for summon dmg at all is a bit counter productive. It's just gimping yourself when you could be going all out main character damage. Unfortunately, I have too many cool melee Marvel Heroes characters that I have fully geared with level 80 or whatever legendaries.

Maybe when they go back to tweaking her they may change it so the skills that get bonus damage from her summon damage are influenced a bit more than they are now. There was a guy underwhelmed by her at about 800 summon damage. I don't know how he got there but that took the wind out of my sails.

The build I use now does pretty good but most of my damage comes from my own abilities it seem. Sig, melee spirit spender constant attack, and cooldowns. The only very important thing seem to be the one point in Eternal Servitude, which buffs Sorcerous Eruption.

Next week + is going to be a long wait. I don't want to continue down a path until I see what they are going to do with her. I already maxed her trident lv. 80, I don't mind having to start over on the legendaries though. Thankfully they are unbindable, refundable, and not too bad to level up.

Currently my Rocket is gunner with a Groot distraction. Your Iceman sounds like the same. What's going on Gaz? Magic melee character with a 1 pointer taunt bot.

P.S. Is this the first character with a literal one point wonder (Dark Pact)? This spot should just be added to another mandatory 1 point ability like that first summon slot as a passive. Summon tree is weird. So empty.

Rhaknar

Theres a few 1 point wonders I feel. I mean, dont most people use defensive passives / toggles as 1 point wonders usually?

Then there's stuff like Reed's healing Herbie, which why wouldnt you put 1 point in it. And if course every dash / travel power

Dec

I heart Tara Strong. I haven't heard Magik's voice yet, that I can remember.

The team ups VO is awesome but I imagine they've expanded on it and maybe even rerecorded that stuff and I haven't actually played her with volume since she came out.

Hope the team up lines are at least intact.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Tara strong voiced Doom too, not a lot of people know that.

Dec

Oh my god they ruined it...

They rerecorded all of Magik's team up lines... same lines but much worse take on them.

inky

The delivery is much worse than before, yup. that "adorable" line on RR got on my nerves so fast. It's like someone pretending to fake a bad Russian accent. I'm the last person to notice or care about stuff like this, but it bothered me that much.

Anyways. Tried 3 different builds now, and I'm not sure any of them is great. Sword + 1 big pet feels the strongest and fastest, but is very one note: basically debuff an area, hack and slash, repeat. Fist of Nastirh is a decent taunt if you are ignoring Eldritch Armor.
Pets + a couple of Ranged spells (Fangs and Vengeful Spirit) us the more "summoner like", where you run around and "support" your demons, but it's kinda weak.
Sword + Magic spells is the most fun, or at least the most active one. You do decent ranged, and can shotgun enemies or groups with Seven League Step and Shockwave. The couple of lesser demons you have room for do basically nothing, but you can eat them up to boost your damage a bit, of your HP even. 3% per demon isn't terrible.

Not sure what I'll stick with. Gonna do some terminals to figure it out.

Rhaknar

The new character select screen with the proper costumes and names is so good. Now make a non-scrolling, fighting game style screen next please

I'm surprised it took the new VO for Magik to start garnering complaints. Her accent wasn't good at all for the TU version either. Must run in the family too 'cause Colossus has an even more fake/forced accent.

The new character select screen with the proper costumes and names is so good. Now make a non-scrolling, fighting game style screen next please

So much yes.

Dec

I'm surprised it took the new VO for Magik to start garnering complaints. Her accent wasn't good at all for the TU version either. Must run in the family too 'cause Colossus has an even more fake/forced accent.

The old VO wasn't a good Russian accent but it was good work. Memorable lines spoken in a memorable way.

Top Bottom