• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

LQ = Legendary Quests. Unlocked at level 20. You can see them at the top of your Mission Log and they give great XP rewards.

ICP = Industry City Patrol
MM= Midtown Manhattan

Both are public free roam modes. You can get at them from any terminal.

XP = experience ;P
I'll be honest, the only one I didn't know was XP but was too embarrassed to ask ;)

Thanks for the help!

sophora

Dipped into the Black Black Friday sale yesterday and got myself Blade, Black Panther (random box), War Machine, Ghost Rider (random box). Good randoms considering I have most of the hero roster save for Human Torch, Doom and X-23 now. Doubley good with Ghost Rider since I rolled some costumes and got the Alejandra Blaze costume.

Had time with Blade (to 45) and WM (to 30), having a blast with Blade's thirst mechanic and WM's general destruction of everything around him.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
This game needs to do something about its fucking loot, man. It's getting to the point where I can't stand these huge events because every 5 minutes I have to clear out my entire inventory, and it's all junk. All these fucking boxes that contain 2 worldstones and a crappy cosmic, why. Just make the shit drop, cut out the middleman, and don't make me click to collect ANY currency. Spending 20 seconds after every boss wave in Patrol just to pick up all this shit and then sitting around managing my inventory is the opposite of Action, it's Tedium. This is a TRPG.

They're putting it into boxes so that if you have multiple toons, like most people have, and want to use your high-end gear character to farm some better gear for your toons who just got to 60 or whatever, you can go through said middle man and spawn cosmics for that other toon.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care. It's shit. As if Cosmics as a fresh 60 are REMOTELY hard to come by.

inky

Only boxes worth keeping for alts are the ones that spawn uniques. Cosmic is just another shit tier loot nobody uses anymore. The better argument is saving them to reroll cybernetic bonuses on your pets, of which I have 20 or so. Imagine that, 3600 pieces of cosmic loot just to get the bonus once on each pet. A bonus that I'll probably have to reroll 10 times till it is right.

F2P currency games trade on busywork and repetition, and this game might just be their king. Can't wait for Danger Room merits, amirite guys?

Xevren

Go level in midtown.

I got a legendary scroll today! I didn't even know of said item until today to begin with. Got a sweet Hulk costume out of it so I'm happy.

inky

I told Xev to gimme and he did. What a guy!

iPmHGmY.png

Are they really that rare or is that just flavor text?

I love Punishers 12 guage shotty power. Its so satisfying to point blank bad guys with that.
Conversely, I dont like how they've handled his sniper power at all (even though its meant to be good for end game stuff now). It was way more fun when you could manually line up shots and pierce multiple enemies.

Dec

I told Xev to gimme and he did. What a guy!

iPmHGmY.png

Are they really that rare or is that just flavor text?

A bit of both, in the first incarnation of the event only 1963 could be dropped per week. On the second week they removed the limit entirely.

I'm skeptical that 1963 of them have dropped in all of the 4 times the event has occurred though.

There's an even rarer version that gives 2x everything in that one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so hopefully limbo will be all day today (sunday) so I can finish up my heroes, only 12 to go >_>

well except Blade, Kitty and War Machine who arent 60

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Conversely, I dont like how they've handled his sniper power at all (even though its meant to be good for end game stuff now). It was way more fun when you could manually line up shots and pierce multiple enemies.

I agree, charge powers are an unfortunate casualty of wanting every single power to be maximally efficient. It's satisfying to charge something. I liked Stellar Flare better before, too. They're inarguably "better" now but the "emotion", if I can use some game designer speak, of using the power is totally different. It's just further homogenizing design making it so all characters eventually end up feeling samey.

inky

How is that possible if it's not tradable?

Hehe. When he got his I did tell him to "gimme" in chat, then a few hours later I got one myself. I thought it was a funny coincidence.

A bit of both, in the first incarnation of the event only 1963 could be dropped per week. On the second week they removed the limit entirely.

I'm skeptical that 1963 of them have dropped in all of the 4 times the event has occurred though.

There's an even rarer version that gives 2x everything in that one.

I see. Well damn, very lucky to get one considering my 1500 hours+ with no costume drop. TY.

I agree, charge powers are an unfortunate casualty of wanting every single power to be maximally efficient. It's satisfying to charge something. I liked Stellar Flare better before, too. They're inarguably "better" now but the "emotion", if I can use some game designer speak, of using the power is totally different. It's just further homogenizing design making it so all characters eventually end up feeling samey.

Yeah, its a pity they changed the sniper power. I havent used Widow or Cable for a long time, so Im not sure if theirs have been altered too. Lining up long range shots in Midtown, used to be fun at lower levels.
On another note, I got my Punisher through the Cosmic trial tonight. I was very happy about this, because I got to do it with my "fun" build (shotty, flamethrower and gas grenade etc). I was worried I'd have to build and learn a boring headshot/smg build they were talking about on the official forums. It took me close to 10 trys (Skulls Sentinels were very problematic for quishy Frank), but overall it was much easier than Emma. My artifacts sucked too (mid roll gok, adv Crimson Crystal and adv meta sensory).

Gothos

Anyone had problems with BOGO? Bought that new Black Panther costume half an hour ago and didn't get the random costume box :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That costume is not part of the sale. Neither is Magik

and they say so on the black friday banner aswell, in small print of course, but they do :)

anyway, got War Machine and Kitty to 60 today (WM was already 48 to be fair) after doing limbo with my remaining heroes. Only missing Limbo on Blade now (because he's level 1 >_>). The 50+ limbo coffers from doing it with all the characters were great, got lots of rings, most shit but alot were quite good and managed to give some of me heroes with no unique ring one, and also managed to replace some others and give those old ones to other heroes (like replacing the generic ICP range ring with a limbo one, and then giving the range one to Hawkeye and Taskmaster for example)

Also got a few of the arts, both the summoner one (in fact I got 3, one for each of my summoners) and 2 or 3 of the other one, the bottle icon one. All in all it was a good haul and makes me happy I was ocd for having those (mostly useless) skill points on every hero lol

on the hero front, War Machine is basically Ken to Ironman's Ryu, and like with Street Fighter, I prefer Ryu :p

he's fun, and I love Ironman so its basically a given I would like WM, but I feel that Ironman's kit flows better, I dunno.

Kitty is also fun, although I feel my fucked up hybrid build is hurting because I feel she has to use Lockheed.

Because she has to, Im sorry. Its a pain to gear up for physical/energy AND melee/range at the same time lol. Like I said, that one is on me.

So yeah, thats a lot of Marvel for me the last 2 days, feels like the good old days. Also, from the million Limbo boxes and Midtown boses I had in the bank, I still didnt get all of WM and Kitty uniques. Missing 1 on WM and 2 on Kitty >_>

inky

Well, they do warn you in the small print those items are not part of it, but I mean, if you are paying full price why not give a box out anyway... so they give them out if you pay them $3, but not $10+ with those? Seems dumb.

Gothos

One of those retarded decisions I could have expected from Gaz. Time to stop giving them money for another year I guess but first I'll rant a bit on their forums :)

Indignate

Make sure you use words that offend any and all groups of people when you do cuz that helps to make the point that your mad that you didn't read reasonably sized print.

Dec

The new costumes and heroes are not included in the sale, as has been the case for every sale following a hero/costume release since the game launched.

inky

Got Kitty from the mystic scroll thingie btw. Damn you Rhaknar!

Also got: repeat Cap Avengers costume, lvl 80 Gungnir and Mental Headband with shit rolls.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Me and rhak got wm to 60 at about the same time. Twinsies!

Rhaknar

How is Kitty? Thinking of grabbing her next, either her or Blade.

I like lockheed melee hybrid but its a pain to gear to. Im sure pure ninja sword is the way to go from looking at the skills but she isnt psylocke so fuck that

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I like lockheed melee hybrid but its a pain to gear to. Im sure pure ninja sword is the way to go from looking at the skills but she isnt psylocke so fuck that

I have a pure phasing build on Kitty, no swords or Lockheed at all, and it's very very strong. Never tried any other build on her.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got Black Panther to 60 last night, I am officially less racist than kepow.

Gothos

Got him to 60 as well, buy the day before yesterday :) He's quite fun, except for the Panther Leap skill, which I found weird to use...

Anoregon

I found myself running into spirits issues as a physical melee build, since I tend to run basic-less and he has no on-demand spirit gen (or regen on crit type of mechanic) but other than that he seems to pack a decent punch.

Anoregon

I think I've just discovered a fetish I didn't know I had.

Rhaknar

Fetish for bad costumes?

you need to have your brain rechecked Inky

edit: Blade seems to be the most straight forward hero Ive ever seen in the game. Certainly since they started doing the modern iterations after reviews.

You have a VERY specific and defined melee or range spec, the talents are even neatly mirrored in the trees, you have 2 sigs for whatever reason, and you can only use one. You have a spell on each tree and you can only use one (as in the other tree locks out) AND you have 2 spells in the third tree which also locks out the other one.

I actually dont think thats a bad thing necessarily, but it is strange to see.

Top Bottom