• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel: Rivals debuts with a strong player count on it's first day of open-beta

Draugoth

Gold Member
GTNYbaHXAAA9Kcb

Marvel Rivals has debuted with a strong player count of over 50k players on first day of open beta (Steam), the player numbers continue to rise as beta keys keep rolling out on Twitch.

Marvel Rivals Twitch drops​

The Marvel Rivals Twitch drops will be available from July 24 at 5PM PT / 8PM ET / July 25 1AM BST until July 27/July 28.

Unlike most Twitch drops, the Marvel Rivals keys are available on a first come, first served basis. You must watch for one hour and claim your reward on the same day. If you miss out, you can try again each day of the campaign, with the rewards refreshing at 5PM PT, 8PM ET, and 1AM BST each day.

How to claim your Marvel Rivals CBT key​

To claim a CBT key, you must link your Twitch account to the Marvel Rivals official website. Once you have watched an hour of participating streams, redeem the reward in your Twitch inventory and claim your code on the Marvel Rivals official site.

If you’re unsuccessful, there’s still a bit of a wait until the Marvel Rivals release date. Fret not, though, as there are plenty of free Steam games to try out. If you’re a big comic book fan, one of those is Marvel Snap, one of the best PC card games right now.

wipeout364

I hope it’s good and not a huge money grab. But I fear it will be over monetized. Anyway unlike Concord I will download and give this a shot.

ManaByte

I hope it’s good and not a huge money grab. But I fear it will be over monetized. Anyway unlike Concord I will download and give this a shot.
All of the skins in the beta can be unlocked with currency you earn in-game. No idea how it’ll work in the final though.

MiguelItUp

All of the skins in the beta can be unlocked with currency you earn in-game. No idea how it’ll work in the final though.
Yeah, that's the biggest concern I have is how the final release will be monetized. I hope Netease doesn't screw it up, lmao.

So people DO want a Marvel hero shooter.

Just not a knockoff Marvel hero shooter full of virtue-signaling character designs and utterly useless pronoun preferences.
Well the bigger question is for how long it will be able to sustain its numbers. That's the main challenge. Just like with the Finals - it launched good and then fell off.

ManaByte

The game is UE5 and I'm shocked how well it runs on a 3080 even in Beta. Have DLSS set to Quality and everything else on Ultra. Looks great.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Anybody have an extra code they could DM me? Really want to try this.

I’m watching a twitch stream now to see if I luck out.

Saber

The game has appeal(Marvel heroes). Something that some clowns and executives don't seem to understand.

Saber

Stop hurting Firewalk Studio's feelings!

It could be worse. They could come with "alternative versions" of Marvel heroes, just like Suicide Crap. Like Lesbian Iron Woman, drag Spider-they, Pronoum Pink Hulk, etc.

Last edited:
The game is fun enough in short bursts, but I hate this MCU version of mantis they went with, at least the GotG game got her right....still I mostly use mantis or scarlet witch; venom and team up groot seem very strong.

Saber

The gameplay is garbage though. I've already uninstalled the beta because it's not even remotely fun. Every game is just a spam fest.

True, but I believe their prime objective is to bait players so them they can retain them. Marvel heroes its an excellent strategy, theres no one that doesn't recognize the most popular heroes from Marvel.
Even though the gameplay its garbage they can supposelly fix up with changes and tune(in theory, not saying they will). But without strong appeal, this game would be on similar ranks to Concord or Suicide Squad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom