• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically, 1,600 people die on Chinese roads every day. Thanks to this virus, that has dropped considerably thanks to the drop in road vehicle usage. This of it this way, the coronavirus is saving lives. /stupid disconnected logic continued

COVID-19 to cause overpopulation confirmed.

Would be interesting to get full deaths though, as I am sure a lot of people are dying from other issues since all the hospital beds are being taken up in Hubei, and/or they can't leave their house to seek normal treatment.

I'll probably sound worse than Chairman Pickles when I say they should not archive these people's video rants and frustrations. Things might get better then what happens to them? Nothing good thats what, they will end up as part of the typical 1,600 people who die on Chinese roads every day.

Typically, 1,600 people die on Chinese roads every day. Thanks to this virus, that has dropped considerably thanks to the drop in road vehicle usage. This of it this way, the coronavirus is saving lives. /stupid disconnected logic continued

But when a dozen people get killed by a terror attack in Xinjiang it's CODE RED THROW EVERYONE INTO THE CAMPS

Mistake

I'll probably sound worse than Chairman Pickles when I say they should not archive these people's video rants and frustrations. Things might get better then what happens to them? Nothing good thats what, they will end up as part of the typical 1,600 people who die on Chinese roads every day.
One thing the CCP puts on repeat is the "threat of western values." And on that list is free speech. Communication is and always will be an important tool by any oppressed people, which is why that government works so hard censoring everything. Establishing human rights won't be made through being passive either. The death of that doctor that tried to warn everyone is a prime example, which even the CCP recognizes

Last edited:
But when a dozen people get killed by a terror attack in Xinjiang it's CODE RED THROW EVERYONE INTO THE CAMPS

Because political issues transcend the short term. Or were 2,000 lost lives in September of 2001 really worth 1 million dead + $7 trillion and counting? Also the camps are a meme at this point. Replace everyone with a small minority and replace camps with trade schools.

One thing the CCP puts on repeat is the "threat of western values." And on that list is free speech. Communication is and always will be an important tool by any oppressed people, which is why that government works so hard censoring everything. Establishing human rights won't be made through being passive either. The death of that doctor that tried to warn everyone is a prime example, which even the CCP recognizes

Western values in 2020 mean self implosion and self imposed cultural genocide. You really want to believe/assume that the majority in China wish to emulate a failing system, with its family destroying gender dysphoria, single parent households, corporate run government and waves of islamist immigrant colonists now the norm? Alongside that your illusion of free speech is nothing more than a passing fad while the major corporations running your government consolidate new technologies that allow for slacktivism under one banner. The old media and the new media are already starting to parrot the same talking points.

Ultimately that's just a sad assumption to make. People want what's best for them. They don't want to import poison.

Last edited:

nush

Because political issues transcend the short term. Or were 2,000 lost lives in September of 2001 really worth 1 million dead + $7 trillion and counting? Also the camps are a meme at this point. Replace everyone with a small minority and replace camps with trade schools.

Western values in 2020 mean self implosion and self imposed cultural genocide. You really want to believe/assume that the majority in China wish to emulate a failing system, with its family destroying gender dysphoria, single parent households, corporate run government and waves of islamist immigrant colonists now the norm? Alongside that your illusion of free speech is nothing more than a passing fad while the major corporations running your government consolidate new technologies that allow for slacktivism under one banner. The old media and the new media are already starting to parrot the same talking points.

Ultimately that's just a sad assumption to make. People want what's best for them. They don't want to import poison.

Don't take the bait GAF he's still LARPing.

zP2yUWG.png

lyan

The "poisons" is still better than getting thrown into prison when people voice out some megacorps been poisoning their kids.

People think the present is best for them, until it bites back.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Mhm.

Well this thread is going nowhere fast. Might as well contribute something meaningful to it, like some hard data based comparisons for giggles.

3gc9lhqizbd41.jpg
Out of curiosity, how the hell is HIV considered more contagious than coronavirus? Or any respiratory spread illness? You gotta WORK to get HIV (and Hep B/C, etc).

Singapore has identified three new cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing the citywide total to 75 confirmed cases, the country's health ministry said.

"None of those patients have traveled to China recently, the ministry said."

again this is a warm place = summer weather

donfonzie

Singapore has identified three new cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing the citywide total to 75 confirmed cases, the country's health ministry said.

"None of those patients have traveled to China recently, the ministry said."

again this is a warm place = summer weather
Crap. I was hoping the virus wouldn't be able to survive in warm/hot weather. Average temperatures are the same as where I live so that's scary.

signs2see

Neo Member
The virus quarantine period is 14 days. Some viruses can live on certain surfaces for up to four months unless two cups of bleach in one gallon of water is used to wash the surface down. The only way to protect yourself is to wear a disposable face mask, gloves and goggles (wash in bleach water each time before taking the gloves off then take off mask and dispose, making sure to use “sterile technique” in removing the gloves. Pulling them off inside out and dispose).

signs2see

Neo Member
Also, of course, when not wearing a disposable mask, gloves and goggles, wash your hands frequently. Most hand sanitizers (except equate/walmart brand) don’t work well at killing microbes. Washing your hands with soap and water is still best.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The virus quarantine period is 14 days. Some viruses can live on certain surfaces for up to four months unless two cups of bleach in one gallon of water is used to wash the surface down. The only way to protect yourself is to wear a disposable face mask, gloves and goggles (wash in bleach water each time before taking the gloves off then take off mask and dispose, making sure to use “sterile technique” in removing the gloves. Pulling them off inside out and dispose).
So the only way to kill the virus is bleach? Right everybody that is infected and reading this. Drink bleach!

Karma Jawa

COVID is very close to Covert.
Covert Operation seems to fit the situation.

That would be one hell of a clerical error.

‘The Covert Ops virus continues to spread, and nobody knows where it came from. After the break we’ll be hearing from the head of ‘Sinister Motives Ltd’ for news of a possible vaccine.’

Um, such a birth took place already and the child WAS infected. Unless there is more than one case then you are wrong.

So we know transmission in womb is not a thing. Other baby tested positive over a day after birth. They test repeatedly. Infected baby got infected outside the womb.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Paris? Have any westerners or non-asians died of this?

The first American Citizen to die in Wuhan of this was a 60 year old and they did not give a name but most assume was chinese.

The first fatality in Europe was reported on Saturday, an 80-year-old Chinese man who died at a Paris hospital.

I wonder how many of the 355 infected on the ship are non asians?

The first fatality in Europe was reported on Saturday, an 80-year-old Chinese man who died at a Paris hospital.

I wonder how many of the 355 infected on the ship are non asians?

I did see a few white american who were on the news via video that were taken from the ship to go to hospital

cryptoadam

Banned
I did see a few white american who were on the news via video that were taken from the ship to go to hospital

If only a few white people were infected it wouldn't be so bad. Consider that 10% so far have been infected on the cruise, if 90% were asian, then it would show that in a small contained enviroment Asians are still more likely to get the virus then White people.

I don't think Europeans are immune to the virus, but its done very little damage outside of Asia. I still want our governments to take all the precautions, but so far they seem to be doing something right.

If only a few white people were infected it wouldn't be so bad. Consider that 10% so far have been infected on the cruise, if 90% were asian, then it would show that in a small contained enviroment Asians are still more likely to get the virus then White people.

I don't think Europeans are immune to the virus, but its done very little damage outside of Asia. I still want our governments to take all the precautions, but so far they seem to be doing something right.

that is a topic that has been side-stepped by the media not being discussed as much about if being asian means hardest hit.

UK Super Spreader was not asian

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
that is a topic that has been side-stepped by the media not being discussed as much about if being asian means hardest hit.

UK Super Spreader was not asian

He also was not very sick. Its possible, but not likely, this thing is worse for people of Asian decent.

I think it has to do with pollution though. So if you spent 30-80 years of your life in China you are more susceptible, not because you are Chinese, but because your lungs are fucked from pollution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom