• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

suzu

Explore the citadel thoroughly after every story mission. Ambient dialogue results in missions that can lead to war assets.

Also, a quick tip that might help:

Any Citadel mission that has the prefix "Citadel:" will require that you get the item they need either from an N7 mission (scan everything you see), or from the Spectre Terminal.

Any Citadel Mission that has a prefix like "Ismar Frontier:" or any other star system means that you will get that item by scanning the star system as you're flying around.

Thanks for those tips!

The journal is pretty useless. lol.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
So I finished the game last night.

I chose the middle option, synthesis, and the ending was really vague, but also kind of uplifting, everyone seemed happy, and the after credits scene was nice "Tell me more about the Shepard"(does this change?). I'm pretty sure I got the best ending, since my bar was full, but did my squad die? I wish they could have had something to tell us what happened.

I really don't want to play through again right away, but can anyone who choose destruction or control pm me (or post here, whatever) with the ending details?

Overall I liked the game, it felt really solid, everything was nice and fleshed out. The only gripe I have is that the two gay characters shove the fact in your face the first time you meet. As if it's the only important part about their character. Felt like they were pandering.

Shoved in the face? i dont think it was, both characters were not screaming they were gay at the top of their lungs throughout the ship. they mention it in conversation but not in a look at me forced way.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thanks for those tips!

The journal is pretty useless. lol.

The journal is awful. It doesn't seem to update when you're done some aspect of a quest. After playing games like Skyrim, the journal feels utterly archaic.

I guess you can't sleep with more than one person at a time. The tyranny of hard-coded videogame monogamy!

In space, no one can commit adultery.

Jintor

I was kinda sad I ended my apparently awesome, cute, adorable, perfect relationship with Liara by sleeping with my PA, but who can resist
shower sexytimes
? And Liara totally, like, changed dude. It's like she's not the same person anymore!

They didn't even have a special cutscene for cheating on your SI. She just throws out a line of dialogue when you go to bug her after a mission. Lame.

Lirlond

Shoved in the face? i dont think it was, both characters were not screaming they were gay at the top of their lungs throughout the ship. they mention it in conversation but not in a look at me forced way.

The very first time you talk to
__Steve__
he tells you he's gay. The exact same thing with
__Traynor__

I don't care about the fact they're gay, I just wish that that wasn't the focus of their character*

*When you're maleshep
__Traynor__
talks more about chess, not sure if the same happens with
__Steve__

prwxv3

I was kinda sad I ended my apparently awesome, cute, adorable, perfect relationship with Liara by sleeping with my PA, but who can resist
shower sexytimes
? And Liara totally, like, changed dude. It's like she's not the same person anymore!

They didn't even have a special cutscene for cheating on your SI. She just throws out a line of dialogue when you go to bug her after a mission. Lame.

You jerk. Now she will be forever alone.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
shower sexytimes

I'm staying with Liara, if only because my kid is going to have the most badass pedigree in the galaxy.

Son/daughter of a galactic hero and the shadow broker? yes please.

Vamphuntr

I beat the game in 25 hours with the best ending. I had 6500+ of Total Military Strength and the green bar to victory was full. Overall I enjoyed the game more than ME 2 because the gameplay was better and all the missions were at least related to the crisis at hand. Atmosphere and presentation were probably the best in the series. Unfortunately the deux ex machina twist and the awful, awful ending ruined the series for me.

Oh and Bioware lied, you need to play multiplayer if you want to get all the achievements. There is no way to raise Galaxy Reading without playing multiplayer and one achievement requires having max reading in all theaters of war.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know how to unlock Liara's Stasis ability? I must have missed something, but I'm at the end game and I can't get her to talk to me.

Vamphuntr

Does anyone know how to unlock Liara's Stasis ability? I must have missed something, but I'm at the end game and I can't get her to talk to me.

I never got it from her. Only got barrier but got 2 skills from other party members. I think that you simply lost your chance to get it. Unless you go back and forth to her room and the citadel after every missions, it's seem to be possible to miss some of them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
6-8 hours in, sidequest spoiler question:

For Grunt's mission, I decided to leave the rachni queen to die assuming Grunt was a goner if I didn't. Found out later from a friend that he had Grunt survive even with saving the queen. Will I be missing much down the road or is it a simple war asset type thing? Krogan > Rachni so I'm ok if its an either or scenario.
Mostly it's just a war asset. Although you get to see that he's still alive, which is a cool moment.

I never got it from her. Only got barrier but got 2 skills from other party members. I think that you simply lost your chance to get it. Unless you go back and forth to her room and the citadel after every missions, it's seem to be possible to miss some of them.
Guh. I guess I'll have to speed run through it just to see if I can get it, since it is apparently a profile unlock. It'd just be helpful to know at which point you can unlock it, but that information doesn't seem to be out there yet.

Acidote

Huerta memorial spoiler regarding
a visitor and a recepcionist discussing the hospital's name

Does it matter who I side with?

Vamphuntr

Guh. I guess I'll have to speed run through it just to see if I can get it, since it is apparently a profile unlock. It'd just be helpful to know at which point you can unlock it, but that information doesn't seem to be out there yet.

There is still the possibility that the unlock is glitched. I got many bugs in my playthrough. I could never complete the quest with (spoiler about a ME 2 character)
Kasumi as I didn't get the interact icon with the terminals.
. Had the same issues with 2 other quests where I couldn't interact with the quest's persons.

Guesong

I don't think you unlock Stasis from Liara, though.

I got Warp and Warp Ammo from her, I'm fairly certain.

EDIT : Wait, no, that's not right, I do remember her giving me Stasis as well. So who gaves me Warp? >_>

MattDoza

Mostly it's just a war asset. Although you get to see that he's still alive, which is a cool moment.

I unlocked it after the
Thessia
mission. Had a conversation with her about it, and it unlocked, like many of the other powers you get from squad members.

Acidote

What's with the different labeling of the missions in the diary? Priority, Frontier of wherever, Citadel. Two of them point to the locations they're referred to, but priority? Does it affect somhow if I loose my time doing sidequests?

I hate that your Mission progress isn't updated anymore in the Journal. Doing all these fetch missions and trying to keep track of which ones I need to go back to the Citadel for is annoying.

Vamphuntr

What's with the different labeling of the missions in the diary? Priority, Frontier of wherever, Citadel. Two of them point to the locations they're referred to, but priority? Does it affect somhow if I loose my time doing sidequests?

Priority are quests that will push the plot forward. Some sidequests becomes inactive if you don't do them before doing the priority missions.

thetrin

Priority are story missions.

I hate that your Mission progress isn't updated anymore in the Journal. Doing all these fetch missions and trying to keep track of which ones I need to go back to the Citadel for is annoying.

It's really awful. The journal is pretty useless.

Parfait

Has anyone figured out how to do console commands for this yet?

I'm literally tearing my hair out because I absolutely do not want to start a new game but i want to switch classes. I reached past the
Citadel attack
and have pretty much decided that adept isn't for me and I want to change. Except there's no way to do so. The save editor by gibbed isn't able to do this yet unfortunately :(

Carbonox

So is it recommended to leave multiplayer until after you finish the main story in-case of spoilers? Or will I be safe jumping in to multiplayer already?

Im really disappointed that
Jack
isnt a party member.

I told Liara we werent right for each other anymore assuming I could continue the other path. Bleh.

Im I stuck now?

Dennis

Banned
I dunno. I'm at 24 hours :p, so I assumed so. I don't actually know how long I have left.

And thanks.

You just got the game yet you are almost finished.....

How is that even possible with your mod duties AND civilian life?

Does Evilore know that you may not have your priorities entirely straight?

Does Mrs. EatChildren?

So is it recommended to leave multiplayer until after you finish the main story in-case of spoilers? Or will I be safe jumping in to multiplayer already?

I wouldn't worry about spoilers, the only spoilers you'll get would be enemy types.

Edit: Also, its the only way to get your readiness meter up so if that matters to you then you should play it before beating it. Unless of course you intend to do a second play through.

Sai

Awww, man...

Thane... :(

Loved his send-off though. Is there more dialogue between him and FemShep if you had a relationship with him in ME2?

And Kelly Chambers... :(

She was all messed up from that Collector attack already, doing some good for others and herself by helping the refugees at the Citadel. Then Cerberus just asks for her to confirm her identity and guns her down?...

:( :( :(

I'm like 11 hours in now.

Last things I did listed without real spoilers in the first line:

I did the Grissom Academy and just a bunch of no-nothing side mission things/scanning planets/exploring opened up Citadel.

I'm really impressed. I actually kind of like Jack now. I wasn't wild about her look initially, but I think I prefer it much more to ME2. It feels at least a little more integrated into the look of the universe now. The mission itself was kind of fun, too. I also learned that I no longer have to waste first aid kits on my teammates if I just run over to them and press A. Great!
Also, was that guy I ran into the guy from Overlord? Dang, he seems to be doing much better. I didn't recognize him without tubes coming out of every hole in his body.

I'm rather disappointed at the "lack of dialogue" mentioned before by... I'm sorry, the name escapes me. Whichever GAF member it as, you know who you are! You were absolutely right, though. There's like zero dialogue with random NPCs on the citadel, Shepard will often continue in conversation at points where it would have normally been a "branch" in the dialogue.

The EDI and Joker stuff continues to annoy me. This feels like some hardcore fanfiction level stuff. Ugh.

I really, really like not having any teammates follow me around the Citadel, and, instead, just interact with them in the environments. It makes it feel much more natural since they're likely going to want/need to do things when we dock some place.

I don't like that the only teammates from ME2 I've encountered so far have all been like "well, I'd love to do something, but I've got other things to do. Later." I understand having to bend backwards for the "WHAT IF THEY DIED?!" stuff, but it's really disappointing. Thane was depressing. : (
Not sure what to do with Kasumi, since I didn't see any place to investigate the Hanar in the presidium. I'll probably just need to go look again.

Got like two other floors to explore on the Citadel before I head out and do a few more missions. I've been putting off doing the Summit mission until I clear out the map. I've already 100% every area (unless more opened after my last stuff I did on the Citadel).

It's growing on me some in some ways, but the writing seems to be the thing still bugging me the most. I'm hoping that changes, because I really want to like this game, and it's marring my experience so far. It's not AWFUL, but there's so much mediocre stuff with bits of bad interspersed that it's not leaving a good taste in my mouth.

thetrin

Considering the multiplayer helps make the single player easier, I have no idea why you would wait on the multi.

bigace33

The Tuchanka missions were awesome.
Mordin went out like a true soldier.
I don't know if I have ever played a game or series of games that have actually evoked so much emotion from me. I actually...care about what happens, and care about the characters. As a series I think the ME games are unmatched.

Also, I took my discs out of my collector's case and put them into two jewel cases I had.

That collector's case is freaking impossible to take the second disc out, and I've already had to switch discs three or four times, so I'm nipping that problem in the bud. Kind of.

Why is it the second disc is always so unwilling to leave? It was like that for me in ME2, and I tend to have that problem with every freaking case designed with that overlayed disc thing. AUGH!
I'm always scared I'm going to snap the disc or something, haha.

ShaneB

Explore the citadel thoroughly after every story mission. Ambient dialogue results in missions that can lead to war assets.

Also, a quick tip that might help:

Any Citadel mission that has the prefix "Citadel:" will require that you get the item they need either from an N7 mission (scan everything you see), or from the Spectre Terminal.

Any Citadel Mission that has a prefix like "Ismar Frontier:" or any other star system means that you will get that item by scanning the star system as you're flying around.

Thanks for clarifying this. I was going crazy with those Citadel missions in wondering if they were meant to be on on the citadel or elsewhere.

and yes, the Journal is pretty bad =/, that's my biggest complaint right now.

I still see no reason why a majority of the characters from ME2 couldn't be squadmates.

I understand in Thane's example he's on borrowed time, but EVERYONE should band together

Yeah that example makes perfect sense, and in a way I get why
Jack isnt either considering she will be leading her students in the fight

Like I said, its just a bummer.

thetrin

Thanks for clarifying this. I was going crazy with those Citadel missions in wondering if they were meant to be on on the citadel or elsewhere.

and yes, the Journal is pretty bad =/, that's my biggest complaint right now.

The whole thing was maddening until I realized the difference between those kinds of quests.

I'm horribly OCD when it comes to games, so ME3 is driving me nuts.

So many bad design and ui decisions. Done with bioware

Yeah, I think I'm pretty much done with Bioware after ME3. I'm really enjoying the game, but the journal is INCREDIBLY bad, and it's actually making it harder to enjoy the game.

Why is there no ability to set active quest? Why can I not set a waypoint marker depending on what quest I'm on? Why are some waypoints bugged, and won't disappear even after I finish the quest? Why does the journal not update when I complete a portion of the quest I'm currently undertaking?

The Tuchanka missions were awesome.
Mordin went out like a true soldier.
I don't know if I have ever played a game or series of games that have actually evoked so much emotion from me. I actually...care about what happens, and care about the characters. As a series I think the ME games are unmatched.

Mordin is so boss.

ShaneB

The whole thing was maddening until I realized the difference between those kinds of quests.

I'm horribly OCD when it comes to games, so ME3 is driving me nuts.

I was fine with accepting that there are "timed" missions, the galaxy is going to shit, make me feel like I need to hurry up and get stuff done. That is perfectly fine with me from a story standpoint. I usually do side quests as I get them, so it's not a big deal to me in that sense either I guess.

But the journal not really updating is just a strange and baffling UI decision.

Top Bottom