• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master P/No Limit Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

In honor of Master P failing to make it to the NBA for the 55th straight year (Denver Nuggets just dropped him from their summer league team), let us honor the worst rapper/label of all time

B0001AP16C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B000003B5B.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B000003AH6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B000003B5E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00005TQ56.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B0000064PQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00000I7K7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

We love you No Limit!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
My girlfriend has a Master P talking doll she refuses to get rid of... she assures me it'll be worth something someday... I'm like... to who?

DMczaf

DarienA said:
My girlfriend has a Master P talking doll she refuses to get rid of... she assures me it'll be worth something someday... I'm like... to who?

Konex likes horrible southern rappers, I'm sure he'll take it off of your girlfriend's hands :)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Silk the Shocker has skills... the rest of them on the other hand...

lordmrw

God I hated Master P and No Limit from day one. My fucking friend swears by No Limit. I recall him saying at one point that it was a policy or something like that that No Limit would release a new CD once a week. Anyone remember that?

siege

Banned
Lisa Lashes said:
Very true but where the hell does he get all that money from?

Master P is supposedly a very good business man. He invested in several different companies. Owns a few Foot Lockers, a phone sex line, deals in real estate, etc.

Obviously alot more intelligent than alot of these fad rappers who blow their money within a year.

i was big into no limit after ghetto d... they literally released a new cd every week for the span of like 6 months..

master p was a good business man.. he made tons of money and is worth hundreds of millions now..

unfortunately he doesnt have good business sense now to continue to release mediocre CD after mediocre CD..

many of middle career CDs were absolutely horrible to barely average.. Only God can Judge Me I think was his last CD on his original No Limit label, and it was "okay"... the one before that, I cant even remember the name of it, was god awful.

Ghetto D, however, I think was amazing.. and still one of my favorite RAP cd's today..

didnt buy gameface or goodside/bad side, but I did enjoy the singles off of both albums that got airplay.. i bought the 3 singles of his most recent album on itunes..

i cant remember what the singles off of gameface were, but i know i liked them; anyone remember?

Saint Cornelius said:
You have got to be kidding me

nah dude.. i really loved Ghetto D.. i know alot of people do..

ghetto D is a classic IMO... i sold off like 20 no limit CDs, but I kept a couple.. Master P ghetto D, and Magic's "skys the limit" album... both are great and probably 2 of the best no limit albums ever.

etiolate

Banned

Ugh, I remember those. We had them in the store. We had to discount sale them finally.

I recall him saying at one point that it was a policy or something like that that No Limit would release a new CD once a week. Anyone remember that?

For a good while they actually managed to do that. New No Limit CD each week and tons of people would come into our store to buy it and then come back a week later trying to return it. It never struck them that the No Limit releases kept sucking bad enough for them to return it. They just kept buying the new one each week and hating it. It was amazing. Where were you then Bill Cosby?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
WTF? Ghetto D was trash. 99 Ways To Die is when P hit his apex. Ice Cream Man was ech. He was on waaaaaaaay too many No Limit tracks. Every album had it's R.I.P. track, weed track, crack track, and club track. The rest was just filler. TRU's 2nd disk was the best he was on. I had every No Limit CD up until that basketball cd. I did pick up Last Don cause it was his "last" album. Silkk was also better in his earlier days. It's sad to see what became of a true powerhouse record label.

ghetto d wasn't trash foo... regardless old school cash money >>>>>>>> old school no limit.

chopper city >>>>>>>>>>>>> every album outta tha n.o.

lordmrw said:
God I hated Master P and No Limit from day one. My fucking friend swears by No Limit. I recall him saying at one point that it was a policy or something like that that No Limit would release a new CD once a week. Anyone remember that?

That was true and what lead to the downfall of the label. But, I must say his new album is ok. He got his beats back. But, nothing can compare to the 95 - 98 era.

Slik had skills? What are you nuts! The best out of the bunch was that moron C Murder.

Slick_Advanced said:
That was true and what lead to the downfall of the label. But, I must say his new album is ok. He got his beats back. But, nothing can compare to the 95 - 98 era.

Slik had skills? What are you nuts! The best out of the bunch was that moron C Murder.

Yep C Murder was the best on No Limit, and P's beats are good now because he finally got somone hot (Lil' John) to make his beats. But too little to late, he's lost all his cred now when it comes to music. he shoulda been networking a long time ago when beats by The Pound dipped on him. Thats' why Cash Money will always be better, 1). Manny Fresh, and 2). They actully network with other artists, and think outside the box. P was confused and stuck on that "soldier" shit for too long. Switched the script too late.

Blackace

Slick_Advanced said:

Silkk was the man for No Limit... no doubt in my mind... the first album the Shocker was pretty tight back in the day... C murder isn't as lame as his older brother... but still not quite as dope as his younger brother...

JeffDowns said:
Yep C Murder was the best on No Limit, and P's beats are good now because he finally got somone hot (Lil' John) to make his beats. But too little to late, he's lost all his cred now when it comes to music. he shoulda been networking a long time ago when beats by The Pound dipped on him. Thats' why Cash Money will always be better, 1). Manny Fresh, and 2). They actully network with other artists, and think outside the box. P was confused and stuck on that "soldier" shit for too long. Switched the script too late.

Bingo. But, I think Master P was thinking more about business control. He didn't want to give up control that's why he didn't work out of his circle. It was by far the wrong move and No Limit paid for it. Losing Beats by the Pound and Mystical was devistatiing IMO.

silkk the shocker was one of the worst rappers no limit had..

his rambling wasnt rapping; it was fast talking at certain points and giggling and unintelligble rapping at other points..

peopel still arent sure what some of his rhymes are in Master P's "make um say ughh"..

i remember seeing some live footage of one of no limits shows; and they did make um say ugh... and silkk couldnt even rap his part correctly.. they had the lyrics on the beats playing, and thats all that played for that part... he maybe did 10% of his part.

he sucks.

c-murder is the best of the 3.. hence he had many albums and they are almost all better than all of p's and silkk's work..

silkk has a new single coming out real soon and then the album this year.

calder

I know there's been entire threads about it before but... WHY THE FUCK ARE THOSE COVERS SO BAD?! Clearly most any 14 year old out there with access to Paint Shop Pro could do way better, but what gets me is how they are all so uniformly terrible. Does one person do them all and no one can tell him they suck or something? Did P just refuse to pay someone to make an album cover (and one a week, that'd be pricey) so he always made his receptionist throw one together an hour before the master went to the CD factory? Was it some sort of bizarre "style" they wanted to follow even though they knew it looked like ass?

I honestly want to know and I'm sure someone somewhere asked about it in an interview.

calder said:
I know there's been entire threads about it before but... WHY THE FUCK ARE THOSE COVERS SO BAD?! Clearly most any 14 year old out there with access to Paint Shop Pro could do way better, but what gets me is how they are all so uniformly terrible. Does one person do them all and no one can tell him they suck or something? Did P just refuse to pay someone to make an album cover (and one a week, that'd be pricey) so he always made his receptionist throw one together an hour before the master went to the CD factory? Was it some sort of bizarre "style" they wanted to follow even though they knew it looked like ass?

I honestly want to know and I'm sure someone somewhere asked about it in an interview.

inexpensive, and locally made.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
C-Murder better than Silkk? HA

Listen to the Down South Hustler's Album

Playas From The South with UGK. When Silkk is focused, he's can flow. I don't know what the hell made him do 1/2 the tracks on Charge It To The Game after holding his own on TRU.

My Crack House My Crack House I'm goin to my Crack House

Blackace

jobber said:

Playas From The South with UGK. When Silkk is focused, he's can flow. I don't know what the hell made him do 1/2 the tracks on Charge It To The Game after holding his own on TRU.

Thank you!

Playaz from the south stack Gz!!

Like the rest of No limit Silkk's head got way too big...... But his first album is still of the hook

Tell me that Mister (the first one) isn't a southern classic

jobber said:

UGK made that hot. They can make anyone sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom