• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Anarchy (JP) |OT| Bayonetta Too

monome

i was looking for the famitsu review. found it

9/9/9/9

nice.

fufufufufu....

what a mess its release is...had to pay 90€ for expedited shipping when I have plenty of credits at my local gamestore...
Why can't Sega publish a great game in the West in a timely manner?
Why do PG games provoke an irrational spending behavior?
Why does Kamiya not pose wearing super-hero themed g-strings on PG website?

Hope the guys at PG feel the love, and that they are building a next-gen game ;-)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope MGR Raiden is a DLC character.

He MUST be in this game, would be perfect.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Anyone know why they changed the name for US/EU?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So are the 16 characters in the OP all playable? Multiplayer only?

Jack and Leo are the two campaign playable characters. All sixteen plus Bayonetta are playable in multiplayer.

EDIT: Stupid fucking transformer keeps getting goals. Transformer kicked the shit out of me in the demo multi too. Transformer broken confirmed.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
They were the best part of that game.

Maybe

For me I think the compromises for them hurt the game's overall lasting impression.

Because the announcers are supposed to be always on and always talking, a good majority of the bosses have barely any lines and any personality. So alot of them end up being pretty forgettable to most people.(I think Madworld is a much better game than No More Heroes, but people remember No More Heroes because they liked the characters)

that an you know, they weren't really funny......(and some lines repeated waaaay too frequently across multiple stages)

Glad here to see a full roster just oozing personality and hear a bunch of cool dialogue from enemy characters during story fights. Much prefer that to Mad World's announcers.

Jack and Leo are the two campaign playable characters. All sixteen plus Bayonetta are playable in multiplayer.

You might be able to play as other characters in specific spots of the storylines, but it's not clear atm.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh sick

The last part is really cool

Also VJ red bayonetta is the best color

Tain

I hope I get this soon. NCSX kinda let me down by only selling the PS3 version, so I had to go with Yes Asia. Went with the faster shipping, but I still don't think I'll get it as quickly as if NCSX had shipped it.

I'm guessing I'll get the Bayo code. I've never preordered a game with first-run bonuses (Cave games) and not gotten a code.

B00TE

Starting to put money aside so I can import it, I'm not waiting till next year.

Question for anyone who's played or seen it: How insane is Battle Royale?

Nemesis_

Wow EatChildren, has yours arrived already?

I can't remember what shipping option I chose but mine shipped yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it soon - nice to know at least one other Australian has the game too =P

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
That doesn't look very fun :(

I'm in agreement here :S

Game looks kinda clusterfucky, and the camera looks like it has some issues. Can't imagine this game selling too well in the US either.

Still kind of curious about it though, may try the demo. The game still gives me a bit of a Phantom Dust vibe, which I loved (I know they really aren't similar outside of third person multiplayer combat).

goldensnake

Neo Member
The first showing of this game was terrible but after the demo and then this new footage i'm seeing everywhere, this looks like a blast!
Its a bit rough around the edges (camera is a big offender) but it makes up for it in chaotic fun.

Game looks kinda clusterfucky, and the camera looks like it has some issues. Can't imagine this game selling too well in the US either.

Still kind of curious about it though, may try the demo. The game still gives me a bit of a Phantom Dust vibe, which I loved (I know they really aren't similar outside of third person multiplayer combat).

Let's hope Platinum Games can somehow achieve what Phantom Dust did.

Nibel

Play the demo, then judge

I tried it. The single player seemed as boring as the video suggests.

Doesn't seem like the sort of game a person who doesn't play multiplayer would enjoy.

Sorry to hear that, i quite liked it, very heavy feel, everything had weight and felt good, a 3d beat'em up done right.. and from the vids, it'll have a LOT of variety..looking forward to that.

JPKellams

Pietepiet

Had very little time to play it last night, unfortunately. Played just a little bit with Jack's story. Great cutscenes, as expected from Platinum.
Also, the menu is fantastic. Love all the animations there :)

Maybe I'll create a Japanese account later to check the demo out. If Sega's gonna release this in the west next year with more focus on the digital market, then maybe they could release it at a lower price point like they did with Binary Domain, Sonic Gen and Virtua Fighter.

monome

Who's responsible for picking covers? is it in house or sega's marketing team?

Bayonetta's JP cover is awesome.
Bayonetta Western, Vanquish and Max Anarchy covers are not.

koma

We had to kill the audio in them. They are back up now. Sorry bout that.

Thanks for the re-upload! :) There are some little differences from the final version in those videos, as far as i remember from the demo.

There's an interesting article about the development of the game (in japanese) http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/max_anarchy/blog/?p=198

Initial prototype version using character from MADWORLD

yamanaka070504.jpg
yamanaka070505.jpg

any chances to share a video of this early proto too? :D

mujun

Sorry to hear that, i quite liked it, very heavy feel, everything had weight and felt good, a 3d beat'em up done right.. and from the vids, it'll have a LOT of variety..looking forward to that.

Don't get me wrong, the combat felt awesome. Tight, heaps of options, cool characters, etc.

Problem is that I don't play pretty much any multi and was hoping for some sort of fleshed out SP campaign. I get the impression from the demo and the vids that this game sort of has a fighting game SP, tacked on. I'd love to be wrong as I have long holidays coming up and July is barren.

monome

Don't get me wrong, the combat felt awesome. Tight, heaps of options, cool characters, etc.

Problem is that I don't play pretty much any multi and was hoping for some sort of fleshed out SP campaign. I get the impression from the demo and the vids that this game sort of has a fighting game SP, tacked on. I'd love to be wrong as I have long holidays coming up and July is barren.

why?
so far it's the first PG game with MP.
You think they've forgotten whom their fanbase is made of? or the kind of game that has sustained them this far?

It's an action game, so don't expect its story to blow your perception of life on earth, although JP said there were nice touches to it.

If I get around 8hrs of SP with replayability and can find some people to play MP with, I'll be happy with my 90€.

zoukka

That avatar will not convince a single PlatinumGames employee? :) I keed. I keed.

The Japanese cover is a lot better and I'm not an expert of what covers sell in the west, but it looks cheap and crammed with 90's style explosions everywhere.

Hope all the best for the game anyways.

Top Bottom