• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Entropia

No One Remembers
CFQCRt9WoAA24-h.jpg

I don't get it.

dream

Serious question:

Does a wrestling promotion with an interest in being international really do itself good with Xenophobic wrestling angles?

Well, you know, there's a tradition in pro wrestling of foreigners being evil heels. So it's okay. Just heels being heels.

krae_man

Cena should lose an I Quit match by having himself handcuffed to the ropes and having his opponent threaten to attack Cena Sr unless Cena quits. Cena Quits then heel opponent does it anyway.

Cena's pointless No quit streak is broken and his opponent gets massive heat. Of course this will never happen.

Oersted

Serious question:

Does a wrestling promotion with an interest in being international really do itself good with Xenophobic wrestling angles?

If you want to expand, attract more audiences and become a overall respected brand, than no. If you want to doubledown on racists...

Yeah if he is going to keep asking this is going to be really tedious

This is going to be like that Miz match isn't it? Where Cena got beat up and was asked about 50 times if he wanted to quit, then at the end Cena puts one submission on Miz and he quits, lol

Remember that time someone won the I Quit match by having a recording play over the speakers instead of the guy saying it?

Remember that time The Miz tried the exact same trick but the ref, in an unbelievable show of competence (which, for a pro wrestling ref is any show of competence), actually called bullshit on it?

Ultratech

Cena should lose an I Quit match by having himself handcuffed to the ropes and having his opponent threaten to attack Cena Sr unless Cena quits. Cena Quits then heel opponent does it anyway.

Cena's pointless No quit streak is broken and his opponent gets massive heat. Of course this will never happen.

Or have somebody threaten to kill Edge again.

*shrugs*

Ithil

I Quit matches work when they are actually violent, and also when the person with a mic asking if they quit is the opponent, not the ref.

Fox318

If you want to expand, attract more audiences and become a overall respected brand, than no. If you want to doubledown on racists...

I mean when ever they involve flags it feels like lazy storytelling and disrespectful.

I mean imagine if they were dragging the US flag over the ropes or dropping it on the floor?

Also in Kayfabe shouldn't Rusev just destroy Cena's groin with Kicks?

Ithil

Bell rings

DO YOU WANNA QUIT?

Collar and elbow tieup

DO YOU WANNA QUIT?

Hiptoss

DO YOU WANNA QUIT?

Standing up from the hiptoss

DO YOU WANNA QUIT?

Standing staring at the referee

DO YOU WANNA QUIT?

Top Bottom