• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

It's just not the time for Cross. She's a heel and they want a babyface to take the title from Asuka. Now I could see the argument that they shouldn't have pinned her, but they want Asuka to be as strong as she possibly can so her loss means the maximum amount. Having her win a triple threat by pinning both opponents is a good way to do that. Makes her look unstoppable.

I'm aware of the story. It's just not a very good one.

And it not being Cross' time doesn’t mean she had to lose how she did.

They wasted her awesome work at San Antonio for no reason.

klonere

Banned
Maybe because I've watched enough DG to notice now but has Ricochet always had so much DG inspired offense or is that a recent thing?

So far I've noticed

Gallaria (YAMATO's finisher)
BxB Hulk's top of the head kick thing (which Rico does way better than BxB does rn lol)
CIMA's jumping uppercut to opponent on the top rope (just noticed him do this to Dragon Lee in their BoSJ match today)

I'm aware of the story. It's just not a very good one.

And it not being Cross' time doesn't mean she had to lose how she did

They wasted her awesome work at San Antonio for no reason.

That's my point. You can disagree with the how, but I think the why is justified given the story they are telling. You can think that's the right or wrong story, but it fits that story.

And Cross does good enough character work with the stable that she'll have no problem getting her heat back.

Jinder segment was cool but the boiler plate "you hate me because I am foreign" promo feels like its 2 weeks away from him showing the crowd his crazy passport.

prowrestling.com says WWE has no plans for Sasha in the women's title picture going forward, and she's currently scheduled to team with Cedric in the Alicia Fox/Noam Dar feud

That's my point. You can disagree with the how, but I think the why is justified given the story they are telling. You can think that's the right or wrong story, but it fits that story.

And Cross does good enough character work with the stable that she'll have no problem getting her heat back.

I was never arguing Cross should have won... though to be fair Ember Moon bores the fuck out of me so on a personal level I wish Cross would. I'm just arguing she didn't have to job the way she did.

The story they told with San Antonio was that it took Iconic putting Cross through a table to keep her out. That Asuka was kinda lucky that happened because Cross is such a threat...

Flashforward a few months and oops nevermind.

Hasney

If you guys don't want to be sick of people, don't watch the weekly shows. It's the easiest way. Almost willing for people to be injured so people don't get sick of them at some points.

Russo writing in NJPW

i mean brilliant writing in NJPW

Why did you say the same thing twice?

prowrestling.com says WWE has no plans for Sasha in the women's title picture going forward, and she's currently scheduled to team with Cedric in the Alicia Fox/Noam Dar feud

It'd be weird for it to be Cedric given that Swann was the one attacked by Dar last night, not Cedric.

I was never arguing Cross should have won... though to be fair Ember Moon bores the fuck out of me so on a personal level I wish Cross would. I'm just arguing she didn't have to job the way she did.

The story they told with San Antonio was that it took Iconic putting Cross through a table to keep her out. That Asuka was kinda lucky that happened because Cross is such a threat...

Flashforward a few months and oops nevermind.

Well this time it took Ruby hitting her finish on Cross. Ruby hit her finish on Cross, then Asuka hit Ruby with the knee. Then the pin came. That's not exactly unbelievable for her to get pinned on.

Maybe because I've watched enough DG to notice now but has Ricochet always had so much DG inspired offense or is that a recent thing?

So far I've noticed

Gallaria (YAMATO's finisher)
BxB Hulk's top of the head kick thing (which Rico does way better than BxB does rn lol)
CIMA's jumping uppercut to opponent on the top rope (just noticed him do this to Dragon Lee in their BoSJ match today)

He was a mainstay with DG for a while so yea

Kornflayx

itp05Sb.gif

It'd be weird for it to be Cedric given that Swann was the one attacked by Dar last night, not Cedric.

Well this time it took Ruby hitting her finish on Cross. Ruby hit her finish on Cross, then Asuka hit Ruby with the knee. Then the pin came. That's not exactly unbelievable for her to get pinned on.

You know maybe it's because Ruby barely connected, and her finish sucks when it is hit, that's the problem.

The knee also sucked.

The finish just looked really bad

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

That's fine, Sasha was hot potatoing the title for forever, so it's cool to let some others at it.

The rumor as of a month ago was that the long-term plan for the women was Charlotte vs. Alexa. So they would use one brand to build Alexa as the top heel and another to build Charlotte as the top face.

But as we know with Vince, plans rarely stick.

klonere

Banned
AJ's back is going to fall out of his skin by the end of the year. He'll be in a wheelchair by 50.

There is that cynical and bitter enough?

You can't always be in the title picture im glad they are trying to run multiple women feuds like Smackdown did.

Zach

I watched the beginning of PIPEBOMB RAW this morn. Shawn Michaels is hosting or whatever and CM Punk came out and promo-ed him a bit. Punk seems engaged. It's good.

Slizz

Lynch or Sasha for top fall from grace?

I mean I guess why those 2 are middling around is because they can still sell merch without having to be on top.

You can't always be in the title picture im glad they are trying to run multiple women feuds like Smackdown did.

Certainly there's a middle ground between "not needing to be in the title scene" and "being stuck in a feud on a show even less people watch than Raw, SD, and NXT"

Yeah, the execution left a lot to be desired, but I think the idea is completely solid and sound.

Maybe... I still think protecting Nikki a bit more would have been nice.

A cool finish could have been a double pin where Cross gets her shoulder up but Riot doesn’t...

Dunno honestly I'm probably just bias because Nikki is my fav thing in NXT well her and Roode

Lyng

Certainly there's a middle ground between "not needing to be in the title scene" and "being stuck in a feud on a show even less people watch than Raw, SD, and NXT"

The weird thing is that the cruiserweights deliver some of the best matches. But the whole different color etc etc just screams "this is not part of the main show!!!"
And still WWE wonder why nobody cares... smh

klonere

Banned
Go Ace has its charms and plays excellently into Tana's character right now but yeah, High Energy is the superior theme fam.

Maybe... I still think protecting Nikki a bit more would have been nice.

A cool finish could have been a double pin where Cross gets her shoulder up but Riot doesn't...

Dunno honestly I'm probably just bias because Nikki is my fav thing in NXT well her and Roode

Nikki will have her moment. If Ember wins the title off Asuka, I fully expect an Ember/Nikki feud. They obviously see her talent by putting her in multiple title matches and her spot in Sanity.

She'll be the top heel once Asuka goes up.

That feud will most likely happen on RAW and not 205 since Swann is standing in for Cedric on 205. Even if Sasha shows up on 205 its better to be a big fish in a small pond and not like Becky who completely disappears when she's not being used on Smackdown. Either way that'll teach Sasha to stop being a dangerous worker.

Toki767

I would be fine if half of the women's tournament were basically Japanese women. Cause at least that way I at least know I'd see good wrestling.

Instead we'll probably get most of the people that were in that NXT battle royal.

Top Bottom