• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Caderfix

Madness
giphy.gif

Stiff work is far from the type of wrestling I enjoy... Can we still be friends?! D:

I would be fine if half of the women's tournament were basically Japanese women. Cause at least that way I at least know I'd see good wrestling.

Instead we'll probably get most of the people that were in that NXT battle royal.

Given the names I've heard that are on the shortlist, I'd actually reckon a vast majority of those battle royal women won't be in it.

Meiko Satomura might be next.

Nah, she's too old for WWE standards.

I could maybe see them hiring her as a coach/trainer though. I wouldn't be shocked if they start reaching out to joshi trainers for the PC.

Fucking WWE better not poach Chihiro, but then she doesn't exactly seem the type they go for.

Hah, exact same days as King of Trios - the difference is that people who aren't at KoT will be able to watch the shows around 24hrs after they finish, but people who aren't at BOLA, lol.

Maybe because I've watched enough DG to notice now but has Ricochet always had so much DG inspired offense or is that a recent thing?

So far I've noticed

Gallaria (YAMATO's finisher)
BxB Hulk's top of the head kick thing (which Rico does way better than BxB does rn lol)
CIMA's jumping uppercut to opponent on the top rope (just noticed him do this to Dragon Lee in their BoSJ match today)

It's a recent thing, NJPW have been playing up the idea that he was the big international star of Dragon Gate but had done everything there was to do, so now he's come to New Japan for fresh challenges.

She already took out Emma. Maybe she has finally stopped trying to hurt herself.

lol let's not push this BS.

She did the move how she always does it. Emma took the bump poorly.

Sasha has hurt herself before, no doubt, and has hurt others on occasion. That was not one of those times.

Ehhh... I wouldn't be quick to put it all on Emma

There's fan cam/reports and pictures of the incident. Nothing about the way Sasha did the move was irregular. Emma just took the full brunt of the bump on her upper arm/shoulder.

Like maybe it wasn't entirely 100% on Emma, but it was nothing reckless or "dangerous" on Sasha's part.

There's fan cam/reports and pictures of the incident. Nothing about the way Sasha did the move was irregular. Emma just took the full brunt of the bump on her upper arm/shoulder.

Like maybe it wasn't entirely 100% on Emma, but it was nothing reckless or "dangerous" on Sasha's part.

The angles I saw it looked like Emma was never fully in place... and Sasha rushed it.

I like Asuka, but it seems like they're doing a longer version of Beth Phienix's run with her. The main difference is that it's going for too fucking long.

Feeling similar, they fucked up his introduction to the main roster so bad.

"I'm sick of the best wrestler and best theme in the world already"

Okay

Lol

Just

Lol

For a month straight it was Nak coming out to a 3 minute entrance with a shit ass promo segment with Ziggler. Then we finally get his match at Backlash and it was just ok, nothing super stellar. The MITB announcement and his match that night was again all about his theme and having his charismatic entrance.

I'm sorry if I'm not buying into a guy whom the WWE has tried to put over entirely on entrance alone.

I'm sorry if I'm not buying into a guy whom the WWE has tried to put over entirely on entrance alone.

Imagine showing someone today (who's just getting into wrestling) nothing but Undertaker matches. By the third or fourth time they see a 5 minute fucking entrance, they'll absolutely be sick of wrestling

Imagine showing someone today (who's just getting into wrestling) nothing but Undertaker matches. By the third or fourth time they see a 5 minute fucking entrance, they'll absolutely be sick of wrestling

Bingo

What made taker work early on was all the other shit to his character. You got weird backstage things, some graveyard stuff, him building a coffin.

Now? Now we just get music queues and grand entrances even when they're trying to surprise someone. It's all spectacle.

Btw, Vince McSunny Flower got banned once for posting artsy nudes of Nagata. Best not risk it, friend miserable.

They are exceptions sometimes. I know they were going to sign Havok a few years back before fans dug up a bunch of old tweets of her's that were... less than acceptable.

Havoc's pretty tall though, she would've towered over most of the women on the roster - Chihiro's tiny and has a real amateur wrestling frame, there isn't really anyone on the roster like her. But you are correct, they do make exceptions, and her uniqueness is also her selling point.

Top Bottom