• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds in LA now charging people .10 cents for their food in a bag

Toons

IMG-6849.png

These apps are universally widespread now across every fast food chain. Its just money left on the table if you don’t use them :) Some are better than others. Whataburger and Chipotle for example are a very slow grind for points. Taco Bell points rack up at a pretty quick pace but there’s not many actual deals there since the food is already cheap. Subway gives 20% off out like candy.

The app deals on most of the fast food chains are really solid actually. I basically got 2 meals worth of food from Popeyes last week ago for 11 bucks

HoodWinked

This seems very dumb on both sides.

Just raise the prices by a cent to cover the cost.

But also this whale does no favors to getting you on her side. Her berating the employee is a low IQ move and she also has the audacity to say she's worried about her health because the food isn't in a bag.

ReBurn

Gold Member
? It beats trying to dictate your order to some employee who doesn’t give a shit. I like being able to customize everything to my liking and see it all there on the screen before submitting.
Seriously. I order online or in app whenever I can because that's usually the only way they get my order right and I don't get attitude because they had to stop texting to do their job. I kinda feel like when robots take over making my fast food orders that my cheeseburger will always come out the way I want it. At least until the robots learn how to catch an attitude because they had to stop texting.

ahtlas7

On a recent trip to Burger King in The Hague everyone was made to buy a plastic cup for a drink to SaVe tHe PlaNeT. So guess what everyone did with the plastic cup when they finished eating. Yes, they went right into the trash because no one had space to carry a cup around after they were done eating. The trash cans were full of plastic cups!

0neAnd0nly

I don’t live in a place with government mandated bag charges, and I am starting to see it all over in retail anyway. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Petsmart, for example, will no longer give me a bag to put my $30 dog food in to carry across the parking lot, or a bag for 10 cans of wet food, etc. Asinine.

2nd & Charles / BAM, better hope it isn’t raining when you purchase your book. Gonna get wet if you forgot a bag.

While traveling -

In Maine, grocery stores all charge for bags. What a kick in the nuts. Spend ~$100 on 10 items to feed you family? ENJOY CARRYING IT.

Ludicrous. Like always the government and corps just say “just raise the price on the consumer, it’ll be fine” meanwhile same places are cool with homeless littering at every corner, drug needles chilling in the streets. Places like Lewiston, a once beautiful little town, ruined and dirty.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Money maker.

Ontario had a 5 cent plastic bag law way back, so stores had to abide by it. But the money didn't even go to government. Stores pocketed it. The gov then got rid of the law leaving it up to stores to keep charging if they wanted to to or go back to $0 fee. Some stores kept doing it, some didn't.

A plastic bag has a wholesale cost of 1-2 cents per bag. So every bag sold at a nickel is profit. Multiply the 3 cent profit per bag x how many the chain sells in a year and it's extra profit when before it was always free bags for all.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

The food is garbage, garbage for you, and way overpriced. Don't understand why anyone eats there? I can literally cook a MUCH better (and healthier) version of same thing in the morning in less time than it normally takes their drive through.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The food is garbage, garbage for you, and way overpriced. Don't understand why anyone eats there? I can literally cook a MUCH better (and healthier) version of same thing in the morning in less time than it normally takes their drive through.
One thing going for McD's is they are everywhere and half of them are probably 24/7.

I eat there sometimes, but only when I use a cheap deal coupon. If not, the prices are outrageous for the junk they sell. Even at deal price, it's not great. McD's used to be dirt cheap, but they jacked up prices big time.

Top Bottom