• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's testing All Day Full Breakfast Menu at select locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
McDonald's Testing Full Breakfast Menu All Day in a Few Locations

The official name for the menu as far as the logo goes is the "All Day Breakfast: Bigger Menu" and it's being offered in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area as well as the Triad area of North Carolina.

The Triad area also happens to be one of the markets where McDonald's bakes their biscuits from scratch and offers the Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Biscuit (a biscuit sandwich with a Buttermilk Crispy Chicken filet; it's basically a spiritual successor to the discontinued Southern-Style Chicken Biscuit).

The only thing that seems to be missing from the "Bigger Menu" is the Big Breakfast, which is more a combo than a missing item.

Mvh00iB.jpg

I know a bunch of you have been waiting for this. We'll see if it ends up rolling out nationwide.

Excluding the McGriddle from the all-day was a stupid decision, that's their signature item. Good for them

Who wants crappy pancakes at 5pm anyway.

The only news I'm waiting to see is "McDonald's stops doing All Day Breakfast". There are stores that are built to do that, McDonald's ain't, and expanding the menu is only going to make things worse.

Mathieran

Banned
I went to McDonald's yesterday and decided to get hashbrowns with my food. It was cool, but I had to wait a long time for them to cook.

Edit: I'm in Durham.

HariKari

The only news I'm waiting to see is "McDonald's stops doing All Day Breakfast". There are stores that are built to do that, McDonald's ain't, and expanding the menu is only going to make things worse.

All Day Breakfast has made them a bunch of money and helped turn things around.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Not having the McGriddle in the first place was a bad move. Also wtf is up with some places having biscuits while others only have McMuffins? At one location I can get a McMuffin and then 15 miles away at another location I can get a sausage egg and cheese biscuit.

XiaNaphryz

Dunno if that'll end up happening, as it looks like it's actually provided a boost for McDonald's in the US. I believe they reported sales were up over 5% last quarter because of All Day Breakfast.

Their stock has been at an ALL TIME high since all-day breakfast started. They're killing it. All this McDonalds is doomed is silly nonsense.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dunno if that'll end up happening, as it looks like it's actually provided a boost for McDonald's in the US. I believe they reported sales were up over 5% last quarter because of All Day Breakfast.

Yea I don't see it happening either. After that gigantic ad campaign for all day breakfast I can't see them walking it back.

Bubba T

When I worked at McDonalds in my teens I avoided learning the grill in the morning specifically to avoid breakfast items. Doing it all day especially during the lunch and dinner rushes must be hell.

Keep shamrock shakes, pumpkin, and holiday pies year round, and I'm yours again McDonalds.

JordanN

Banned
Why is breakfast limited to certain hours?

Is there something about eggs that can't be eaten past 11am? All day breakfast should be a standard.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's all good until you pull up at 3am on your break and they're all like "Sorry, our X machine is broken. No McGriddles." :(

Sulik2

I need to be able to buy egg mcmuffins 24 hours aday, in a crappy area of the country that has biscuits.

Why is breakfast limited to certain hours?

Is there something about eggs that can't be eaten past 11am? All day breakfast should be a standard.

Come to the restaurant that I used to work at, work there for a while, and then tell me how awesome an all-day breakfast is. Not all restaurants are equipped to be able to handle that level of business.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cool.

All day breakfast has been 100% useless for me so far because I don't like McMuffins. Biscuits only for this guy.

HariKari

Come to the restaurant that I used to work at, work there for a while, and then tell me how awesome an all-day breakfast is. Not all restaurants are equipped to be able to handle that level of business.

Well if it's profitable and the old way isn't, what do you think should happen to the restaurants that can't keep up?

Well if it's profitable and the old way isn't, what do you think should happen to the restaurants that can't keep up?

Expand the restaurant so that they can? The issue is not that all-day breakfast is inherently a bad concept, it's that McDonald's took a round peg and tried to stick it into every hole, regardless of the hole's shape. They put virtually no effort into actually prepping restaurants to be able to handle the workload.

All day Buttermilk Chicken biscuit? I might go to McDonalds after 11AM if so.

The occasional craving for a McDonalds Sausage Biscuit is the only thing that drives me to eat there aside the times when I'm broke and need efficient, cheap nutrition from the McDouble.

XiaNaphryz

It's all good until you pull up at 3am on your break and they're all like "Sorry, our X machine is broken. No McGriddles." :(

Or if they run out of breakfast ingredients if they sold a lot on a particular day and haven't gotten the next day's shipment yet.

mackattk

If this means I can get $1 sausage mcmuffins then that would be awesome. Hands down best value they have on their dollar menu.

Breads

Banned
Local one here is awful. I only use fastfood for breakfast anymore so I find myself quite fond of a quick order of biscuits or english muffin sandwiches and its all gross reheated bullshit with dust flavored bacon.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Local one here is awful. I only use fastfood for breakfast anymore so I find myself quite fond of a quick order of biscuits or english muffin sandwiches and its all gross reheated bullshit with dust flavored bacon.

I see you have your reason to stop.

Hardee's steak, gravy, biscuits in general are all better and would be first choice.

It's good idea can get a biscuit later in the day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom