• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
DBZXy.jpg

tM8ua.png

Developer: Danger Close (SP)/DICE (MP)
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Platforms: PC, PS3, and XBOX 360
MSRP: 59.99USD/59.99EUR/49.99GBP
Release date: US: October 12 EU: October 14
Official Website
Official Twitter

MbMR7.png

PC Meetup Thread

CONSOLE MEETUP THREAD STILL NEEDED. ANY VOLUNTEERS SEND ME A PM.

Lh5PJ.png

Minimum

Operating System: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7
Processor: Pentium D, 3.2GHz / Core 2 Duo, 2.0GHz / Athlon 64 X2
Memory: 2GB RAM
Video Card: Video card must be 256MB or more and contain these chipsets or better: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT ; ATI X1900. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
HDD Space: 9GB
Soundcard: Soundcard with DirectX 9.0c compatibility
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Disc Drive: 8x or faster CD/DVD Drive
Beard: Rough Stubble.

Recommended

Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7
Processor: QuadCore 2.0Ghz
Memory: 2GB RAM+
Video Card: A video card with 512MB of VRAM and one of the following chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260; ATI Raedeon 4870
HDD Space: 9GB
Soundcard: Soundcard with DirectX 10 compatibility
DirectX: DirectX 10
Disc Drive: 16X CD/DVD Drive
Beard: Full Beard​

t8Kia.png

vBz7u.jpg

Bearded Limited Edition (US)

-Early access to the Battlefield 3 beta
-Exclusive Access to the MP7 Submachine Gun
-Early Access to the TOZ194 and 870MCS Shotguns
-Exclusive Access to Special Ops Skin

Tier 1 Edition (EU):
-Features the same as the Limited Edition + the Gamestop Preorder Bonuses:

Gamestop Preorder Bonus

-Early Access to Assault Class Tier 1 Operator skin
-Exclusive Access to the M60 Machine Gun
-Exclusive Medal of Honor branded beardcare products All out

The PS3 version comes with a free download of Medal of Honor Frontline.

h8jEW.png

Take control of Elite Special Forces in a gritty combat campaign using the surgical beards of Tier 1 Operators combined with the sledgehammer force of Army Rangers. Get your blood pumping, your adrenaline flowing, and your facial hair growing as you push through a simulation of a real, named country against virtual members of the a real life organization that real soldiers are fighting against in a fictionalized accounting of the US war against the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Honestly, we don't know much more than that, but there ARE Operators operating and tacticool beards. The authenticity of having such impressive cooperation from the US military, the US special forces community, and an honest attempt at being genuine doesn't hurt.​

dWyUp.png

High speed, high lethality, high adrenaline as you play either part of the Coalition or the Taliban OPFOR in high stakes matches.

UyLwP.png

Team Assault:
Team Beardmatch Deathmatch. Coalition Beards vs. OpFor Beards

Combat Mission:
Objective based game mode where Coalition forces are tasked to clear five consecutive objectives and the OpFor must stop them from progressing.

Objective Raid:
Objective based mode where the OpFor attempts to take Coalition Objectives (Possibly beard care products?) within 5 minutes

Sector Control:
*Intel Loading*

XXyvk.png

Kabul City Ruins
UzOf1.jpg

Helmand Valley
hDYgi.jpg

64f8r.png

Shotguns:
TOZ-194
870MCS

Assault Rifles:
AK-47
M16
M4
FN F2000

Machine Guns:
PKM
M249
M60**

Sub-Machine Guns:
MP7A1*
AKS-74U
FN P90

Sniper Rifles:
SVD
M21
G3
SV-98
M24

Pistols:
M57
M9

Explosives:
RPG-7
AT4
IED
C4
Hand Grenades
Grenade Launcher

Other Weapons:
Knife
Axe
Smoke Grenades

*Exclusive to Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition
**Exclusive to Gamestop Preorders/Tier 1 Edition​

DOrlm.png

M3A3 Bradley
MLRS (Rocket Truck)​

ViL5B.png

Instead of Killstreaks, there are now Beardstreaks Score Chains, which instead of just pure kills, consecutive score will get you Support actions, which you can deploy as either offensive or defensive, like providing Flak jackets or missile strikes respectively.

Defensive
Intel - 40 points
Match Ammo - 100 points
Flak Vests - 140
FMJ Ammo - 230
Jammer - 300
Sabot Rounds - 380
Kevlar Vests - 450

Offensive
Mortar Strike - 40
Rocket Strike - 100
Missile Attack - 160
Artillery Strike - 230
Strafing Run - 300
Air Strike - 380
Cruise Missile - 450​

Will be updated as more info comes available.​

pbKnm.png

Thanks to Goldrusher for the simple but effective OP trimmings!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Didn't realize it was out so soon.

It seems like it could either be another average military FPS (most likely) or possibly something better. If it does turn out well, it will come out at the right time for me.

Right now it's a probably not but if GAF impressions and reviews are positive I will reconsider.

hellclerk

Honestly, I think what bothers me more than anything else is a disturbing lack of information out there. It was alot harder than I thought it would be to gather all this info. The number of maps, the weapons, so on and so forth, It was all pretty empty.

Also, I'm NOT cool with the M60 being exclusive to Gamestop preorders. In fact, I'm not cool with ANY of the weapons exclusive to preorders or anyone at all. :/c

Well, whatever. I'm getting it to get ahold of the BF3 beta and have something new and easy to get into with my Uncle.

chris0701 said:
:lol :lol :lol
Amazing thread title

Nice job,OP.
Thanks. I aim to please~

Spl1nter

G_Berry said:
Awesome!

Already paid for on steam!

(I think I'm like the only one who is exited for this game)

Well based on the open beta the multiplayer is much improved. It feels extremely tactical and hearkens back to older shooters. This is for a number of reasons including high damage weapons and the character having a certain movement weight. It creates situations such as maybe I shouldn't run across this open road or I should wait for some friends to back me up as once I engage its on. Its a certain feeling which I find BC2 is missing compared to BF2142. However the map style based on the maps played so far is similar to COD:MW tight confined arena based maps. For the map style I prefer this type of shooter to MW but those are my preferences.

I am interested as well to see how the single player turns out. Really would love a good military fps story.

I may just buy this as the BF3 beta invite puts it over the top. See some reviews first for singleplayer and read people's impressions on multiplayer.

G_Berry

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Well based on the open beta the multiplayer is much improved. It feels extremely tactical and hearkens back to older shooters. This is for a number of reasons including high damage weapons and the character having a certain movement weight. It creates situations such as maybe I shouldn't run across this open road or I should wait for some friends to back me up as once I engage its on. Its a certain feeling which I find BC2 is missing compared to BF2142. However the map style based on the maps played so far is similar to COD:MW tight confined arena based maps. For the map style I prefer this type of shooter to MW but those are my preferences.

I am interested as well to see how the single player turns out. Really would love a good military fps story.

I may just buy this as the BF3 beta invite puts it over the top. See some reviews first for singleplayer and read people's impressions on multiplayer.

This is why I, and most of my friends love the beta. Unfortunately the usual babies are crying because they are getting "owned" and are unable to run around spraying bullets like the noobs they are.

They want killl cams to return and also have bullets do less damage :lol

The sad thing is, EA will most likely listen to them and implement the changes.

At least steam lets you get refunds on purchases!

kuYuri

The other two maps I know of from open beta is Shahikot Mountains and Kunar Base.

doomed1 said:
Honestly, I think what bothers me more than anything else is a disturbing lack of information out there. It was alot harder than I thought it would be to gather all this info. The number of maps, the weapons, so on and so forth, It was all pretty empty.

Also, I'm NOT cool with the M60 being exclusive to Gamestop preorders. In fact, I'm not cool with ANY of the weapons exclusive to preorders or anyone at all. :/c

Well, whatever. I'm getting it to get ahold of the BF3 beta and have something new and easy to get into with my Uncle.

Are you sure M60 is Gamestop exclusive and not an early unlock? I could have sworn you could unlock it by leveling up. Maybe I'm wrong.

Looking forward to getting this! Hopefully gets to me right after I finish Castlevania as my break from shooting. The more I play the beta right now, the more I like it. No kill cam is cool after I just accept that I need to be careful and I don't get a free look.

There are some good design decisions in the multiplayer. The support actions being offense or defense is pretty cool, as I can make a call on the fly. You have to stick your neck out to use the offensive actions, you have to have line of sight. Makes a huge difference in how much less OP streaks are. Also, advancing score chain by playing the objective is great. Build it up on your way killing people, earn chain capping point. Hit UAV to help protect point. I love it.

Hopefully the console versions play well too, cause that's what I'm buying even though it looks so nice on PC. Can't beat Amazon $20 pre-order credit either.

I want this really for the Frontline HD remake and if the SP campaign ends up being enjoyable. Going to have to wait on reviews for this. When is the embargo up?

hellclerk

schennmu said:
BC2 and MW2 have a lot more... I just like my ARs :) I was ignorant enough to never play other classes than Assault in BC2 :D
So do I, but so you know, that weapons list is far from final. I'm thinking that things will get changed up going forward, and at that time I'll reorganize the weapons part to reflect the class aspect.

Strider2K99 said:
Are you sure M60 is Gamestop exclusive and not an early unlock? I could have sworn you could unlock it by leveling up. Maybe I'm wrong.
Today 12:52 AM
I sure hope not, but the language says exclusive, such as with the MP7, so that's what I type. It's not like I'd use the Pig for much. I much prefer the M249 for it's rate of fire and feel, it's just that it's kind of a drag that a small group of people will have access to it.

Though in retrospect, especially considering the M60 medics of BC2 before the nerf, maybe that's a good thing...

Also, avatar update~ :D

kuYuri

Oh yeah, one last thing. You get early access to M24 sniper if you sign up for EA Gun Club and either used your VIP code for BF:BC2 on console or bought BF:BC2 on PC.

Victrix

*beard*
Wait. They seriously have weapons that are exclusive to specific editions/preorders? The fuck? Are they just reskins?

Renting it day 1 :D

EDIT: If the reviews are good, I guess I'll just buy it and trade it for Black Ops when that comes out.

When will EA detail their VIP plans? After the game has been released as usual? I'm not buying this thing until I know I won't be screwed over, BF3 beta or not. And BF3 beta not and I'm not buying the game because of that. So I hope the Limited Edition won't be too limited.

Spookie

I've been reading that EA are cutting the price of MoH, by 50%, when Black Ops arrives. Any know if there is any credit to the rumors? :s

Cyberia

The latest issue of GamesMaster boasts a world-exclusive five page Medal of Honor review.

GM's looked favourably upon the collaboration between single-player developer Danger Close and multi-player studio DICE - giving the overall Medal of Honor package 85 per cent.

The mag describes Medal of Honor as "A credible shooter that's more realistic than CoD, with multiplayer that sees DICE on top form."

However, there are suggestions that the online features somewhat over-shadow the single-player campaign.

"Like Battlefield before it, Medal of Honor is an engrossing online shooter with an above-average campaign mode bolted on," says GamesMaster.

"As a result, it's a purchase you should only seriously consider if your console is hooked up to the interwebs."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=267741

Amir0x

Banned
i was thinking of getting this, but someone told me the BETA impressions were like catastrophically bad

was the BETA that bad?

Jtrizzy

The ps3 beta was terrible. Im still hoping for a solid game though. Will be a rental, and maybe a purchase so I can be in the bf3 beta.

Amir0x said:
i was thinking of getting this, but someone told me the BETA impressions were like catastrophically bad

was the BETA that bad?

I heard the same things, but then I also heard that things have dramatically improved.

Amir0x said:

was the BETA that bad?
Couldn't even get it to run on PC because of punk buster issues.

kevm3

I canceled my preorder due to the overly mixed opinions on this. I'm probably going to wait until after it releases and then wait until black ops comes out and let the comparisons roll in. I may miss out on a $20 coupon, but that's better than paying $60 for a game that fails to live up to expectations. I'm really interested in hearing about the map design in the full version.

Bradach

Amir0x said:

was the BETA that bad?
I played a couple of hours of the PS3 beta and i thought it was insipid but not bad. there were a couple of small annoyances / bugs but i believe they've been addressed. For me the SP is the biggest draw though.

sk3tch

MarkMclovin said:
Only question is : PS3 or 360?

I chose PS3. Lead platform and you get the Medal of Honor Frontlines remake.

Just choose where your friends play and based on the controller you prefer. I don't have any friends and I am one of those crazy people that dig the DS3 for FPS.

DSmalls84

Trying to decide if I want to spend my $40 in Amazon credit on this. I also prefer the 360 for fps, but Frontline hd is making me lean towards PS3 version.

kevm3

Ahhh screw it, I went ahead and re preordered the PS3 version. The $20 off coupon for my next game is just too tempting, and if I don't like this, I'll probably be able to get $20 for it if I sell it, so I'm only out $20.

The fact that the PS3 is treated like second class citizens with Call of Duty turned me off from rushing out to buy it since I only own a PS3. MOH HD, $20 off and ps3 lead platform for the win, for me at least.

My wife splurged on my birthday since we have some extra bank and I was able to get 3 games from Amazon that all had credit offers, so I was able to get this prordered (with $20 credit for this!) for $20.98 with release date delivery! :D

I didnt care for the beta, but I'll be honest, I didnt care for the multiplayer demo for BFBC2 and I ended up really enjoying the retail BFBC2. So, reading up on all the improvements and having a partial blind faith in DICE, I decided to take a leap of faith that I will enjoy this one. Cant wait!

Top Bottom