• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

lowemark

Just finished the single player campaign, and I'll have to say that I liked it a lot.
This is probably my favorite FPS campaign of all time.
Two thumbs up to Danger Close!

to bad that the multiplayer is usually a complete sniperfest :(

Marleyman

Banned
lowemark said:
Just finished the single player campaign, and I'll have to say that I liked it a lot.
This is probably my favorite FPS campaign of all time.
Two thumbs up to Danger Close!

to bad that the multiplayer is usually a complete sniperfest :(

That is what I said when I finished it.

Cornbread78

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Amazon has ps3/360 copies of the game for 12.99 shipped. Pretty good deal if you haven't played the game.

The SP is definately worth it alone.... too bad they never fixed the MP from the sniper vs sniper format...

So I just beat the Campaign and I enjoyed myself. Like others have said, it's much more "realistic" than COD (of course what do I know what is realistic or not considering the topic haha), but lets just say not as bombastic as the COD series(not that theres anything wrong with that).

The graphics were really pretty overall, guns firing sounded realistic, story seemed pretty grounded and it blew my mind when I saw it was based off an actual battle from 9 years ago.

Seriously read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Takur_Ghar

The finale was very anticlimatic or I should say, the very end, but again going for the realistic approach. Definitely worth a play through.

MP is alrightttttttt, fun for a few round,s but I'lll never touch it again.

Now onto to play MoH: Frontline!

SkyMasterson said:
So I just beat the Campaign and I enjoyed myself. Like others have said, it's much more "realistic" than COD (of course what do I know what is realistic or not considering the topic haha), but lets just say not as bombastic as the COD series(not that theres anything wrong with that).

The graphics were really pretty overall, guns firing sounded realistic, story seemed pretty grounded and it blew my mind when I saw it was based off an actual battle from 9 years ago.

Seriously read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Takur_Ghar

The finale was very anticlimatic or I should say, the very end, but again going for the realistic approach. Definitely worth a play through.

MP is alrightttttttt, fun for a few round,s but I'lll never touch it again.

Now onto to play MoH: Frontline!
Actually I'd say read:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0425196097/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0553586807/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0425223728/?tag=neogaf0e-20

...for starters if you're interested in Operation Anaconda.

I picked this up for 18$ a couple of months ago and just got around to playing it. SP wasn't bad at all, but MP was horrible IMO. The community was pretty sparse, and those that were there are tricked out six ways from Sunday and know every map like the back of their hand. It was not a fun MP experience.

Overall, I think it's worth 20ish dollars to play.

So my Xbox is slowing dying. Oh well. So since I bought most for my mulitplayer games on it, I decided to pick one up for my Ps3. Is this game still active on Ps3? Is it any good? Just something to play for a month or two.

daevv

Game2Death said:
So my Xbox is slowing dying. Oh well. So since I bought most for my mulitplayer games on it, I decided to pick one up for my Ps3. Is this game still active on Ps3? Is it any good? Just something to play for a month or two.

I have it on both 360 and PS3 and still get into full 12 Vs 12 games!

I've got the Platinum on PS3 and after getting the Fire Controller achievement on 360 last night I just need to reach level 15 (currently level 14) to get 1000/1000. It's 3rd on my top 3 most played games this gen going by hours played.

Edit: If you want to get Fire Controller easy watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTEHP6reB7A

Decided to give this a shot on the cheap (PC version), and basically haven't stopped playing. The campaign is impressing the hell out of me. It's easily as good as any post Modern Warfare 1 COD campaign.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
SillyEskimo said:
I picked this up for 18$ a couple of months ago and just got around to playing it. SP wasn't bad at all, but MP was horrible IMO. The community was pretty sparse, and those that were there are tricked out six ways from Sunday and know every map like the back of their hand. It was not a fun MP experience.

Overall, I think it's worth 20ish dollars to play.
The community on the PC is still very active. I like the flow of the maps, so I still play it on occasion.

leng jai

bluedeviltron said:
Decided to give this a shot on the cheap (PC version), and basically haven't stopped playing. The campaign is impressing the hell out of me. It's easily as good as any post Modern Warfare 1 COD campaign.

Game looks really good on PC. Great textures. Audio is also fantastic, up there with the best in gaming. Only downside is the campaign only lasts about 5 hours :(

Bought the game Monday and was surprised that I beat it already. Well, I'm glad I didn't pay full price on launch. Game was alright, but a buggy mess.

I'm going to play Frontline HD next.

I'm trying to play this on PC but he mouse controls are agonizingly awful. Like negative acceleration or something. Is there a fix? it seems nice and I was suitably engaged during that initial cutscene, and the guns sound powerful. I want to enjoy it but aiming is unbearable.

^bitching about mouse controls aside, I plugged in my 360 pad to play this and it is a pretty good game.

of all these modern military shooter campigns, the one I liked most was Modern Warfare 2 (parts of it); I liked Killzone 2 too. CoD4 and Bad Company 2 were so-so. I hated Black Ops and Battlefield 3. Medal of Honor is around Killzone 2 for me. It's a nice short campaign with congruent missions that all feel relatively grounded. The tone and pacing is well done. There were a lot of times when I was fighting respawning enemies, only instead of like in CoD4 where progressing through the level ended the waves, it was about feeling overwhelmed. So largely unoffensive. Still had too much reliance on team mates to open doors or pull you up ledge. The game was still incredibly linear and it's something I'm not a big fan of but again the pacing helped.

I liked some of the things done with the mechanics/gameplay too. It's mostly the same style as Call of Duty, but additions like sliding and a lean/cover system work well. Sliding makes anything better. Also pressing the melee button near an enemy takes out your pistol for a quick shot.

I got my $2 worth. From what I understand, these guys are going to make a sequel this year? Any news on if that's going to be a modern warfare game again? I'm missing good WW2 games and the Brothers in Arms series seems to abandon realism for crazy.

MoH has one of the most impressive setpiece levels I've ever played in a shooter. Forgot the name of it though.

Really hope they knock it out of the park for the sequel. The MP needed some work, but I loved the HUD and UI.

Danger Close will be using FB2 for their next game, right?

I read "Not a Good Day to Die" last year so playing through the campaign was pretty damn surreal and affecting.

Though relatively short, it's one the best military shooter campaigns I've played. If they make a sequel and keep it grounded in reality I'll be there day one.

Yeah hopefully Danger Close won't feel the need to Michael Bay-it-up like CoD and BF3.

Jtrizzy

Wow. Trying not to get caught in the hyperbole, but I'm with the guy above saying the best military campaign I've played. Just finished the helicopter and sniper missions, and I had to force myself to stop. The game looks and plays great on pc. It isn't on the level of BF3 technically, but the artists probably did a better job with the general look compared to BF3. Design wise it is actually fun to play, although there is very little recoil, and too many enemies at times.

Top Bottom