• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

Rubenov

Strider2K99 said:
Documents folder > EA Games > Medal of Honor MP Open Beta > open settings in Notepad > FOV should be towards the bottom of the file

I don't know what your resolution is, so I can't tell you what FOV you should try.

Unlikely.

My Res is 1900 x 1200... and I can't find a "settings" file in the MOH folder

Just got some more playing time in. I actually really like it. Still not buying at $60 but scooping it up when it drops or there's a Steam 4 pack.

The score streaks are weird. There's a nice little "spot" in your scoring where you can just chain up defensive streaks 2-3 times. Unlock UAV, use it, unlock match ammo, use it, which unlocks kevlar, use it, etc.

I did get a SU-25 bombing run. Unfortunately shortly after I used it, I got killed, so I didn't get to see the carnage, but it somehow took out 5-6 guys...! Didn't even think I designated an area that was that full.

Guess I should mention I played Combat Mission almost exclusively. I tried the Conquest-esque one, but it was a little too frenetic/close quarters for what I want. Still pretty fun.

mr_nothin

Banned
Suppressors in the beta are AWESOME. Makes you like a ghost. I dont get why people dont use suppressors much but they make you almost invisible. It gets rid of that muzzle flash (which ppl use to spot you) and you dont show up on the radar when you shoot. Suppressors + Open Tip + Smoke combination is godly on the snow mountain map in the beta.

Mr. Snrub said:
Just got some more playing time in. I actually really like it. Still not buying at $60 but scooping it up when it drops or there's a Steam 4 pack.

The score streaks are weird. There's a nice little "spot" in your scoring where you can just chain up defensive streaks 2-3 times. Unlock UAV, use it, unlock match ammo, use it, which unlocks kevlar, use it, etc.

I did get a SU-25 bombing run. Unfortunately shortly after I used it, I got killed, so I didn't get to see the carnage, but it somehow took out 5-6 guys...! Didn't even think I designated an area that was that full.

Guess I should mention I played Combat Mission almost exclusively. I tried the Conquest-esque one, but it was a little too frenetic/close quarters for what I want. Still pretty fun.
That's not accurate. You cant chain them together like that. UAV give you 30 points which isnt enough for the next score streak. It's not even enough for your 1st streak. You CAN chain them together like that if you're smart about it. I like how it works, it makes you use them more wisely instead of trying to just spam them all the time.

Scorestreaks > Killstreaks

Wthermans

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:

All I know is that once I got the Strafing Run, it was pretty easy to get enough kills to get the Bombing Run which was even easier to get the Cruise Missile which pretty much wiped out anyone in one side of the map. :D

mr_nothin

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Servers died right after I finally got open-tipped ammo too. :(
That sucks....it doesnt even help all that much. I didn't notice the difference so I just stuck with extra clip the whole time. Actually, it makes somewhat of a difference when used with the suppressor.

Well at least I got to enjoy my time with it :D (I actually JUST got to 4005pts when the server died :/ )
aL87K.jpg

I really hated the PS3 multiplayer beta, but if this game has a great campaign, I'm in... I'll probably end up going 360 for friends and shit tho.

Cornbread78

BigBlackGamer said:
guess stores have the game in stock, my mom and pop store was selling it out of a fucking van around the corner. :lol

anyway I'm streaming the game. www.justin.tv/mrbbg

Nice, I would not play it while logged into XBL or PSN though. I've heard early plays are insta bans, LOL.

aristotle

Cornbread78 said:
Nice, I would not play it while logged into XBL or PSN though. I've heard early plays are insta bans, LOL.

I've never heard of PSN doing that and the 360 version of RB3 already out has a quote saying "you're sneaky getting this early. good job" or something like that.

Nizz

BigBlackGamer said:
guess stores have the game in stock, my mom and pop store was selling it out of a fucking van around the corner. :lol

I didn't want to watch too much but they did a great job using UE3. Looks like a different engine.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
purple cobra said:
I didn't want to watch too much but they did a great job using UE3. Looks like a different engine.

Wow, the graphics look really good for 360.

The single player looks awesome for this game.

BigBlackGamer said:

Thanks for streaming man, single player looks like it's worth the price of admission.

Jb

Alienshogun said:
Thanks for streaming man, single player looks like it's worth the price of admission.
yeah I'm digging the limited scope of the story so far. That said I hope the whole campaign doesn't take place on that mountain :/

mr_nothin said:
That's not accurate. You cant chain them together like that. UAV give you 30 points which isnt enough for the next score streak. It's not even enough for your 1st streak. You CAN chain them together like that if you're smart about it. I like how it works, it makes you use them more wisely instead of trying to just spam them all the time.

Scorestreaks > Killstreaks

I actually rewatched my shitty FRAPS video and this is what happened:

Unlocked UAV. Used it. Killed one or two guys, unlocked the Ammo. Used that, which unlocked the armor. I then died killing someone, and when I respawned, it automatically gave me the UAV again. Kind of weird.

Stream looks really cool. I was so down on this game after the first beta, but I'll be picking it up.

Jb

Wow, that guy finished the SP in 3:54.
No fucking way I'm getting this at full price now :lol .
Seriously, I hate the new standards that MW introduced for FPS campaigns as far as length goes.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I played the beta, two maps, a snowy mountain map and a desert with structures map. Both were designed poorly, they are very consoleish, they are small, don't have a lot of cover and feel amateurish compared to modern warfare maps. I am not buying this for anything over $20, if that.

cjelly said:
Less than 4 hour campaign. Dunno what to think.

Really? In the PSNation interview the single player dev stated they were working on it for 3 years. Thats like an hour and 20 minutes a year :lol Sheesh give people a little more than that

PaNaMa

Banned
otake said:
I played the beta, two maps, a snowy mountain map and a desert with structures map. Both were designed poorly, they are very consoleish, they are small, don't have a lot of cover and feel amateurish compared to modern warfare maps. I am not buying this for anything over $20, if that.

I agree the maps are not terribly inspired. Very crappy, funneled layouts.
I'm hoping they previewed the small ones, but that there are going to be larger, more tactically engaging ones. Managed to snag my copy today, and I'll be headed home in a few hours to play.

Worst case scenario: Trade the game in one month for COD Black Ops. I can live with that.

Nizz

cjelly said:
Less than 4 hour campaign. Dunno what to think.

Alienshogun said:
Wait, did he really just finish it in 4 hours?
Ouch. That sounds.... not so hot. Was that on normal? I don't mind short-ish campaigns in FPS games but 4 hours is really short. :/

otake said:

Silly "console-ish" comment aside, this is where I stand also. The PC beta maps may not be an indication of yada yada, but they made most MW maps seem downright spatious. The guns were a total let down, too. AK74u and the M-16 felt like the same gun in terms of movment, aiming, power, range. I then unlocked a LMG and it just felt like an M-16 but with a bigger clip and sound effects. You can't balance a game by making all the guns the same. That's not how it works, DICE.

And, honestly, MP is where I hold my value in these type of games. I do like me a good campaign, but they're the equivalent of bonus material to me. 4 hours is a disappointing amount of bonus material, but if the MP Beta sold me, I wouldn't care. I thought MW2's Co-op mode was downright exceptional and compensated for it's really shitty campaign, and still I've yet to unlock all the challenges in co-op. I just would rather play mp.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Crap? The game looks better then it ever has. I was afraid they wouldn't change anything but they've improved all the textures and replaced the zoom with iron sights.

Must be a case of rose tinted glasses on my part, as I remember the PS2 game looking pretty much exactly like that, albeit with added gun-sights. I was expecting a remastering on the level of God of War or Prince of Persia, that just looks like they added iron sights and decided that was enough. The fog is still there, dammit. That should have been the first thing to go.

Looks murkier too, but again...that might be a case of the RTG effect.

And I can't stress this enough, the tearing is easily some of the worst I have ever seen. I'm hoping that's down to the video encoding, cause if it's like that in-game, it'll be virtually unplayable. :/

Jb

purple cobra said:
Ouch. That sounds.... not so hot. Was that on normal? I don't mind short-ish campaigns in FPS games but 4 hours is really short. :/
It probably was on normal, but the dude wasn't especially rushing through the game either.
I mean I understand that creating such heavily scripted games takes some time, but was that really the best they could do?
The story was pretty boring too. And I don't think the heavy-handed patriotism will be received very warmly outside of the US.

I mean, in all seriousness, the 4 hour thing is fine by me, I might actually play it. Only CoD Ive ever beaten was W@W and that was only to unlock Zombies. The SP is like a bonus mode in games like this. I personally buy it for the multiplayer, I stay for the the multiplayer.

LQX

I was mostly buying this for single player as I'm not a fan of the BETA but have always loved MOH SP but hearing its only 4 hours equals canceled preorder. Will wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

Also that PS3 Medal of Honor Frontline Remastered looks kind of below the quality of the PC version. The rifle closeup as a lot more detail in the PC version and that thing is close to a decade old.

Also that PS3 Medal of Honor Frontline Remastered looks kind of below the quality of the PC version. The rifle closeup as a lot more detail in the PC version and that thing is close to a decade old.

There is no pc version of Frontline. Your thinking of Allied Assault.

Rubezh

TheApatheticOne said:
I mean, in all seriousness, the 4 hour thing is fine by me, I might actually play it. Only CoD Ive ever beaten was W@W and that was only to unlock Zombies. The SP is like a bonus mode in games like this. I personally buy it for the multiplayer, I stay for the the multiplayer.

That's along the same lines of my own thinking. However, I think the multiplayer has to be excellent in order to offset the singleplayer if it turns out to really be 4 hours. If it's not, then all you have is a fairly competent multiplayer game and extremely short singleplayer campaign. Then it's not a terribly enticing buy.

So, any word on if the campaign was good? Because if that is the case, then four hours really isn' that much of a problem (it really isn't a problem as well if the campaign sucks)

Cornbread78

TheApatheticOne said:

Yeah, FPS means online game, MW2 was like a 6 hour campaign tops, Halo, Resistance, Killzone, if you play through the SP on normal or easy it takes no time at all to breeze through them. Try Fallout if you want a shooter type game with substance.

It's all about MP!

I can't wait, I'm gonna do GBs for this biatch....

DSmalls84

Vinterbird said:
So, any word on if the campaign was good? Because if that is the case, then four hours really isn' that much of a problem (it really isn't a problem as well if the campaign sucks)

Also wondering this. If it's a strong campaign I can deal with it being on the short side. I've got the ps3 version ordered so Frontline HD should give me some additional single player content.

Top Bottom