• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 4 to be released by March 2005

Source: Gamespot ( http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/19/news_6110887.html )

Electronic Arts executives also revealed that they are working on a new console Medal of Honor game. Temporarily titled Medal of Honor 4, it will likely arrive before the end of EA's fiscal year (March 2005). The executives were fairly confident the game would boost the company's annual bottom line, but would reveal little else about the game. The last console Medal of Honor game, Medal of Honor Rising Sun, was a best-seller despite receiving middling reviews.

Update: The official press release from EA:

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 20, 2004--Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) is proud to announce Medal of Honor: Dogs of War. Slated for release in the Spring of 2005, Dogs of War is the latest game from EA's acclaimed Medal of Honor franchise which has been credited with pioneering the First Person Shooter WWII genre when it debuted in 1999. Building on the hallmarks of the franchise, Dogs of War, advances on the series by introducing players to a new way of playing, while still delivering a unflinching picture of warfare and its gut-wrenching brutality. Developed by EA Los Angeles (EALA), the new title will be released under the EA GAMES(TM) brand for the Sony PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Nintendo GameCube(TM) and the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft.

Europe 1942. These are desperate hours for the Allied forces as the Nazi war machine rages across a devastated European landscape. With the British on the brink, Lt. William Holt of the OSS is sent on a secret mission by order of the President of the United States. On his own, or with his squad, Holt is pivotal in helping to turn the tide in four of the most crucial battles leading to victory in Europe.

As with the original Medal of Honor(TM), producers sought counsel from numerous expert sources to make certain the game is historically accurate and as realistic as possible. The EALA development team continues to work closely with the Congressional Medal of Honor Society to ensure that Medal of Honor: Dogs of War reflects the ideals and integrity of the prestigious Medal of Honor. In addition, Capt. Dale Dye, who served as Military Technical Advisor on the previous titles in the Medal of Honor franchise, continues his efforts with the Medal of Honor: Dogs of War team to ensure the authenticity of the experience.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Uh duh. EA "announced" it back when Rising Sun came out. It's the sequel to Rising Sun and you play the brother of the main character from Rising Sun. It was being developed along side the last game as the storylines mix together.

FoneBone

ManaByte said:
Uh duh. EA "announced" it back when Rising Sun came out. It's the sequel to Rising Sun and you play the brother of the main character from Rising Sun. It was being developed along side the last game as the storylines mix together.
Actually, EGM previewed the new MoH game a few months back. It's not the Rising Sun sequel.

ManaByte

Gold Member
FoneBone said:
Actually, EGM previewed the new MoH game a few months back. It's not the Rising Sun sequel.

So the head of EA LA was lying when he went on G4 more than once and talked about the Rising Sun sequel?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Saki said:
Call... Of... Duty...

Yeah. Both the PC and console Call of Duty games are being made by whatever good was in the EA MoH dev teams. Sorry EA, better just kill the franchise off. I've heard Pacific Assault is very bad. Like budget PC FPS bad.

Anyanka

Yeah, a semi-sequel to Rising Sun was planned. RS itself ended with a cliffhanger. I had assumed it had been cancled though.

I wouldn't doubt that Pacific Assualt is just as bad as Rising Sun...

The new Medal of Honor won't be that GREAT either.

I think it's safe to say that single player FPS are just dying off... slowly at this rate with Halo 2, but dying none the less.

More people expect to play online than anything else, and that's just the way that is!

Online gaming is not a fad. Fads are not meant to last a long time or grow.

Most fads usually die down after awhile. Online gaming is the future, and it is now, and it is fucking popular!

Every generation it get's bigger, but I expect the next generation to have online gaming become nearly 50% of game sales, where like 50% of the games sold next gen will be online and played online!

ManaByte said:

Do not believe this news.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ferrarisimo said:
Do not believe this news.

Fine, it could've been cancelled, but the head of EA LA was on G4TV.com and (I think) Pulse as well as some other show on G4 bragging about how they were developing the sequel to Rising Sun along with the original game and how it'll be about the brother of the main character from Rising Sun.

Edit: It was on the 9/19/2003 episode of G4TV.com. And it wasn't the head of EA LA it was Rick Giolito, senior VP at EALA and exec producer of the Medal of Honor series.

FoneBone

ManaByte said:
Fine, it could've been cancelled, but the head of EA LA was on G4TV.com and (I think) Pulse as well as some other show on G4 bragging about how they were developing the sequel to Rising Sun along with the original game and how it'll be about the brother of the main character from Rising Sun.

Edit: It was on the 9/19/2003 episode of G4TV.com. And it wasn't the head of EA LA it was Rick Giolito, senior VP at EALA and exec producer of the Medal of Honor series.
And based on the EGM article, that project has apparently been put on hold. It has nothing to do with EA "lying."

ManaByte

Gold Member
FoneBone said:
And based on the EGM article, that project has apparently been put on hold. It has nothing to do with EA "lying."

True, but when people come in here and say "don't believe this" to something I posted I wanted to show where it came from. And it was said by the executive producer of the game series.

Argyle

ManaByte said:
True, but when people come in here and say "don't believe this" to something I posted I wanted to show where it came from. And it was said by the executive producer of the game series.

I'm with Ferrarisimo on this one, I don't care where you heard it from. :)

TeTr1C

Medal Of Honor has became a dissapointing franchise for me.

Medal of Honor: AA- Awesome
Medal of Honor: SH- Awesome
Medal of Honor: BT- Okay

Medal of Honor: FL- Good
Medal of Honor: RS- I hated this game. Especially the multiplayer was dissapointing.

And now, Medal of Honor: PA looks good according to the demo.

Top Bottom