• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 01/12 - 01/18

doicare said:
It doesn't matter how many people are against my theories or numbers because when people wanted to criticize me for lack of proof, they had no proof of there own to back up what they were saying. Two 'wrongs' don't make a right and there are plenty of people who don't have a problem with my theories or numbers in the first place anyway. And whilst we are talking about proof i have already conclusivly proven that wii hardware sales go up each time there is a school holiday but i guess you must have missed that thread... And yes you are a nintendo fanboy, one look at your posting history shows how you spend the vast majority of time posting in threads that are solely about nintendo or you go into sales threads and talk about nintendo more then anything else, not to mention how insulting you got whenever i talked about kids influencing wii sales like it was some personal attack on you. As for your last sentence that's your round about way of trying to say i make up bullshit theories and i make up slander about the wii.....got any conclusive proof to back that up?
I wasn't the only one calling you out on your theory, many people did, don't make it out as if I'm the only one. So I'm a fanboy because I choose to post in topics that are relevant to me? :lol

schuelma said:
Yeah I don't think so. There is going to be a trailer that will probably be on the internet before most people get the game (maybe today!). I doubt whether the Wii version will break 50K first week.
Oh right the internets, totally forgot about that. :O

doicare

BishopLamont said:
I wasn't the only one calling you out on your theory, many people did, don't make it out as if I'm the only one. So I'm a fanboy because I choose to post in topics that are relevant to me? :lol

I never said you were the only one commenting on my theory so you have no point. And yeah constantly posting about all things nintendo, whilst taking any comments you perceive to be negative about a nintendo product personally and replying in an insulting way makes you a fanboy.

doicare said:
I never said you were the only one commenting on my theory so you have no point. And yeah constantly posting about all things nintendo, whilst taking any comments you perceive to be negative about a nintendo product personally and replying in an insulting way makes you a fanboy.
:lol

sorry if thats insulting to you

doicare said:
replies to bishoplamont
Why do you keep replying to him? He keeps egging you on, you keep replying, and between the both of you you're shitting up the thread pretty badly. Just put him on ignore and get on with your day.

Askia47

Lately people have said that if a certain game sells X amount, its a success if it meets a certain expectations.

What do you guys think this number for Street Fighter 4 will be in Japan, how much do you think Capcom expects to sell in Japan?

doicare said:
no laughing out loud at somebody isn't insulting at all, it's more moronic than anything else.
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at your "insider info.

bmf said:
Why do you keep replying to him? He keeps egging you on, you keep replying, and between the both of you you're shitting up the thread pretty badly. Just put him on ignore and get on with your day.

Oh boy time to bail out before more people think I'm being a bully.

Jokeropia

I find it exceedingly unlikely that doicare's numbers are anything other than comgnet preorder numbers when all five comparisons he posted initially match the comgnet data pretty much perfectly. At best, someone gave him comgnet data and told him it was secret or something.

test_account

XP-39C²
Flying_Phoenix said:
Capcom is focusing on a world-wide scale now (being North America and Europe with the occasional Japanese centric titles titles or games that his all).

Basically this:

North America/Europe - Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Bionic Commando, Dark Void

Japan - Monster Hunter, Turnabout Trials (Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice games)

World - Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5, and Devil May Cry 4

So far it's worked out amazingly. Far better then most Japanese publishers who just focus on the West for big projects and throw the Japan their usual releases and scraps.
Ye, i like the way you listed it, this seems to be pretty accurate on how the situation is with Capcom, i agree! :)

I forgot to answer to this last night, i am sorry for the late reply :\

jarrod

Banned
Honestly, I think at this point Capcom looks worldwide for near all their releases. Yes some get more specifically targeted regionally (Monster Hunter or Sengoku Basara in Japan, Lost Planet or Dead Rising in the west) but a key part of their success is in making games with universal appeal. They're almost Nintendo-like in that regard imo.

That said, I'm still kinda surprised Japan hasn't gotten Okami Wii yet? The PS2 version did surprisingly well there (at least comparatively to other markets), would it really be much trouble to reinsert the JP text and push it out? :/

duckroll

I don't think Capcom of Japan has touched a single project initiated by Capcom USA ever. You won't find any of the Capcom USA's Backbone ports/remakes on JP XBLA/PSN either.

jarrod

Banned
duckroll said:
I don't think Capcom of Japan has touched a single project initiated by Capcom USA ever. You won't find any of the Capcom USA's Backbone ports/remakes on JP XBLA/PSN either.
LOL. Capcom Japan knows a pig when it sees one.

Bionic Commando's coming to Japan though iirc. Then again, Japan's been more active it in it's development too I think. Also, no Backbone.

duckroll said:

Street Fighter IV? Capcom of Japan gave the license to Capcom USA and Capcom USA outsourced it to Capcom of Japan didn't they?

Also Capcom really didn't release Super Street Fighter II HD Remix to Japan? Seriously? (actual question because I didn't know that)

test_account said:
Ye, i like the way you listed it, this seems to be pretty accurate on how the situation is with Capcom, i agree! :)

I forgot to answer to this last night, i am sorry for the late reply :\

It's okay.

But yeah this is probably why Capcom is the only non-Nintendo Japanese publisher that still has significant reigns on the market (both sales wise, and erosion wise (is that the word?) ). They release widely different games in terms of budget, play-style, demographic, and region appeal.

jarrod

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:
Street Fighter IV? Capcom of Japan gave the license to Capcom USA and Capcom USA outsourced it to Capcom of Japan didn't they?
Yeah, but it was still under Capcom Japan's purview then.

Wait, wasn't Final Fight Revenge Capcom USA? That only got a JP release. :lol

Spiegel

Captain Smoker said:
Next week releases:

The week after next is going to be interesting. Looking at previous performances the top 4 should look like this:

1. WE 2009 PS2 200k+
2. FF:CC DS ~200k
3. TotW:RM2 PSP ~100k
4. WE 2009 PSP ~70k

We have yet to see if the delayed release of WE2009 PS2 hurts or helps the psp version (and itself).

duckroll

jarrod said:
LOL. Capcom Japan knows a pig when it sees one.

Bionic Commando's coming to Japan though iirc. Then again, Japan's been more active it in it's development too I think. Also, no Backbone.

Bionic Commando is NOT a Capcom USA game. Ben Judd is a Capcom Japan producer, and is not a Capcom Japan employee. It has nothing to do with Capcom USA, even though it uses a western developer. Dead Rising 2 will be the same way if rumors are true.

donny2112

Continuing on a posting from last week including some recommended changes, here are the total, average, and number of games in my database for the specified time period and excluding the specified percentages from the top and bottom of the lists per system.

Code:
[b]Excluding Top and Bottom 10% per system[/b]

Sys        Total   Average  Count
---------------------------------
NDS    7,308,566  25,202.0    290
WII    2,990,088  33,223.2     90
PSP    2,699,873  32,141.3     84
PS2    2,130,998  17,048.0    125
PS3    2,068,345  27,950.6     74
360      754,850  10,939.9     69

First 6 months of 2008

NDS    4,378,522  35,310.7    124
WII    2,407,309  61,725.9     39
PSP    1,674,877  45,266.9     37
PS2    1,273,479  19,295.1     66
PS3      986,252  30,820.4     32
360      365,633   9,882.0     37

Last 6 Months of 2008

NDS    3,837,478  21,558.9    178
WII    1,453,300  23,824.6     61
PSP    1,425,717  23,372.4     61
PS3    1,106,702  24,058.7     46
PS2      829,989  12,205.7     68
360      473,324  12,792.5     37

[b]Excluding Top and Bottom 20% per system[/b]

NDS    3,235,245  15,405.9    210
PSP    1,468,701  22,948.5     64
WII    1,245,753  18,593.3     67
PS2    1,068,063  11,242.8     95
PS3    1,064,921  19,016.4     56
360      473,326   8,930.7     53

First 6 months of 2008

NDS    2,348,306  25,805.6     91
WII    1,206,908  41,617.5     29
PSP      922,614  35,485.2     26
PS2      708,108  14,451.2     49
PS3      555,506  23,146.1     24
360      221,066   8,187.6     27

Last 6 Months of 2008

NDS    1,722,784  12,856.6    134
WII      808,136  17,194.4     47
PSP      648,710  14,415.8     45
PS3      589,545  16,376.2     36
PS2      445,711   8,409.6     53
360      248,428   9,201.0     27

Note: You cannot add the first six and last six month charts to the get the full year. Each % cutoff is relative to the time period it is in.

jarrod

Banned
duckroll said:
Bionic Commando is NOT a Capcom USA game. Ben Judd is a Capcom Japan producer, and is not a Capcom Japan employee. It has nothing to do with Capcom USA, even though it uses a western developer. Dead Rising 2 will be the same way if rumors are true.
Yeah, just checked Rearmed... seems Judd is a Capcom Japan producer. Weird. :/

Maximo 1-2 were Studio 8 (aka Capcom USA) titles though. So was FF Revenge. So there's at least precedent... which makes Okami Wii all the stranger.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Do we have any numbers for Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2?

The original game was freaking AWESOME, and I am hoping the sequel does better in Japan (along with getting a USA release).

jarrod

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
(along with getting a USA release).
Very much doubt it. The original cratered worse than usual for Tales, and if Hometek's skipping more viable handheld releases like Innocence and Hearts, I can't see them going for this one. :/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Do we have any numbers for Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2?

The original game was freaking AWESOME, and I am hoping the sequel does better in Japan (along with getting a USA release).
Before it comes out? You could at least give Fragile the chance to officially bomb before moving on to this week's releases. :p

I think next week's ranking will be in exactly the same order Spiegel is expecting. Dividing Echoes of Time into 2 SKUs will decrease sales potential though, I think the difference between EoT DS and RM2 will definitely be <100k.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
jarrod said:
Very much doubt it. The original cratered worse than usual for Tales, and if Hometek's skipping more viable handheld releases like Innocence and Hearts, I can't see them going for this one. :/

Yeah, but when the PSP lineup is as sparse at it is, maybe they should consider filling up some holes.

:(

At least the DS has a strong NA RPG lineup in Q1.

t3nmilez

Anyway, went to Tsutaya yesterday and checked out what was big. I know that Tsutaya is hardly a game hotspot, but it's still interesting.

Lots and lots of advertising for the new Crystal Chronicles game, both systems together. Should do pretty well when it launches. Saw some copies of Fragile, doesn't seem like they were moving that well. The Wii #1 most popular seller was the new Mario Tennis, and #2 was Taiko. Didn't see Haruhi Wii anywhere, either sold out or no interest.

Weekly Sales : 01/19 - 01/25

1. Mario Tennis (Wii) - 31,000
2. Fragile (Wii) - 26,000
3.Taiko no Tatsujin (Wii) - 25,000
4. Monster Hunter Portable 2G (PSP)- 25,000
5. Zill'O (PSP)- 25,000
6. Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS)- 20,000
7. Wii Fit (Wii) - 19,000
8. Dissidia FF (PSP)- 18,000
9. Devil Survivor (DS) - 18,000
10. Wagamama Fashion (DS) - 17,000

http://thedrill.no-blog.jp/dblog/

Defuser

Stormbringer said:

1. Mario Tennis - 33,000
2. Fragile - 26,000
3.Taiko Wii - 25,000
4. Monster Hunter P2G - 25,000
5. Zill'O - 25,000
6. Rhythm Tengoku - 20,000
7. Wii Fit - 19,000
8. Dissidia - 18,000
9. Devil Survivor - 18,000
10. Wagamama Fashion - 17,000

Go Fragile!!!

I guess the Wii fans won't settle for a outdated MH game.But who knows,it might have legs.

kottila

Stormbringer said:

1. Mario Tennis - 31,000
2. Fragile - 26,000
3.Taiko Wii - 25,000
4. Monster Hunter P2G - 25,000
5. Zill'O - 25,000
6. Rhythm Tengoku Gold - 20,000
7. Wii Fit - 19,000
8. Dissidia - 18,000
9. Devil Survivor - 18,000
10. Wagamama Fashion - 17,000

Fragile sold about 75% of the shipments, not a complete bomb.

(given that the first day numbers were real. 16000/45%)

Decent improvement over first-day numbers for Fragile - I'd almost resigned myself to it flatlining on the first-day numbers like a number of recent Wii titles. The first shipment should go easily, but it's unlikely to do much more than that over its lifetime. A reasonable result, but I feel it could have done more with an appropriate push, even in this relatively quiet period.

Mario Tennis is doing pretty damn well for what it is, as is Taiko, and I'm chuffed to see Devil Survivor hanging on.

markatisu

I was a bit impressed by Fragile, I got it yesterday and the controls are well implemented (like Luigis Mansion meets something like Myst), the art direction is great even if the story is kinda weird.

Hopefully it gets a 2nd shipment and can reach the 75k-ish area that games like Fatal Frame IV reached (since from what I played so far that appears to be one of the closest games thematically to it)

Spiegel

Top 10 Famitsu:

1. Wii Mario Tennis
2. PSP Zill'O
3. Wii Taiko no Tatsujin
4. PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2G
5. Wii Fragile
6. Nds Wagamama Fashion
7. Nds Rhythm Tengoku Gold
8. Wii Haruhi
9. Wii Wii Fit
10. 360 Left 4 Dead

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
goompapa said:
Fragile bombed....before it even hit the shops.

That's certainly true. A 30-40k initial shipment is not encouraging. Still, at least it cleared one length (retail->consumer) of the "bomba chain".

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Taiko Wii showing monster legs now that its apparently back in stock. What did the highest PS2 game get? About 750K? I think 500K is a lock..maybe it could eventually be the best selling game in the series?

Spiegel

Stormbringer said:
I remember it having a fairly good credibility not so long ago. Did the situation change somehow ?

Yes, I think lately there were some discrepancies between this leak and the real numbers

Spiegel said:
Yes, I think lately there were some discrepancies between this leak and the real numbers
Oh, I see. I didn't have te occasion to read the Japanese sales threads much lately (or even to get on the Web, for that matter), so I must have probably missed this...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Stormbringer said:

1. Mario Tennis (Wii) - 31,000
2. Fragile (Wii) - 26,000
3.Taiko no Tatsujin (Wii) - 25,000
4. Monster Hunter Portable 2G (PSP)- 25,000
5. Zill'O (PSP)- 25,000
6. Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS)- 20,000
7. Wii Fit (Wii) - 19,000
8. Dissidia FF (PSP)- 18,000
9. Devil Survivor (DS) - 18,000
10. Wagamama Fashion (DS) - 17,000

These are MC numbers correct?

botticus

schuelma said:
Taiko Wii showing monster legs now that its apparently back in stock. What did the highest PS2 game get? About 750K? I think 500K is a lock..maybe it could eventually be the best selling game in the series?
With another couple weeks of five figure sales, I think it has a good shot to be the second best selling behind the original. Taiko 3 didn't quite make it to 600k.

schuelma said:
These are MC numbers correct?
Lately nope, they have had slightly altered numbers and positions.

Spiegel said:
Top 10 Famitsu:

1. Wii Mario Tennis
2. PSP Zill'O
3. Wii Taiko no Tatsujin
4. PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2G
5. Wii Fragile
6. Nds Wagamama Fashion
7. Nds Rhythm Tengoku Gold
8. Wii Haruhi
9. Wii Wii Fit
10. 360 Left 4 Dead
From sinobi:

Zill 29k
Fragile 23k
Haruhi 19k
L4D 17k

DSi 45k
PSP 41k
Wii 26k
PS3 17k
DSL 14k
360 7k

Trusty Bell 360 - 44k
Trusty Bell PS3 - 30k
Fragile Wii - 23k

Haruhi PSP - 71k
Haruhi PS2 - 113k
Haruhi Wii - 19k

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Damn @dsi sales..... shit is dropping fast - i wonder how much support there will be for dsi ware if the userbase doesn`t grow faster...

Top Bottom