• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/16 - 02/22

Laguna

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Tell me why Capcom should keep MH Remake/MH3 exclusive to Wii, like I said before we´re talking about Capcom here and PSN/XBL are more than capable of handling it and it's an easy port.

That´s the only "reason" you could come up with? Really, please tell me why a multiplattform strategy for the next gen handhelds (Monster Hunter series) won´t be a likely option for Capcom.

Laguna said:
That´s the only "reason" you could come up with? Really, please tell me why a multiplattform strategy for the next gen handhelds won´t be a likely option for Capcom.

Please tell me why a multiplatform strategy for current gen consoles is not a likely option for Capcom.

jeremy1456

Spiegel said:
Yeah, whatever.

You know nothing about sales if you think that KH DS is going to outsell KH PSP 10 to 1 (or even 3 to 1) outside of Japan.

10 to 1 would be shocking. I seriously, seriously doubt it would ever happen.

3 to 1 isn't out of the realm of possibility - it's not like the PSP is lighting up the software charts outside of Japan. I would honestly be surprised if the ratio wasn't at least 2 to 1.

markatisu said:
But then Capcom looses the ability to charge for online access, they may port a lot of things but thats throwing away money to MS and Sony they dont have to

They would be making a shitload of money on sales and I'm sure they could charge a fee on PSN if they wanted to like a MMO, not sure about XBL though.

Laguna

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Please tell me why a multiplatform strategy for current gen consoles is not a likely option for Capcom.

Actually it is. SF4, RE4, DMC4, Dead Rising and in the future (who knows) maybe even Monster Hunter 3.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AranhaHunter said:

for monster hunter psp versus ds? technical limitations. cue monster hunter cell phone picture as a weak rebuttal.

Spiegel

jeremy1456 said:
10 to 1 would be shocking. I seriously, seriously doubt it would ever happen.

3 to 1 isn't out of the realm of possibility - it's not like the PSP is lighting up the software charts outside of Japan. I would honestly be surprised if the ratio wasn't at least 2 to 1.

And FFIII, FFIV, Dragon Quest IV, Dragon Quest V, TWEWY,... are lighting up the software charts outside of Japan?

It could happen but I'm not expecting KH DS to outsell KH PSP outside of Japan.

markatisu

Spiegel said:
And FFIII, FFIV, Dragon Quest IV, Dragon Quest V, TWEWY,... are lighting up the software charts outside of Japan?

One of those FF's did pretty well in the US I thought from Squares last financial reports

Stumpokapow said:
for monster hunter psp versus ds? technical limitations. cue monster hunter cell phone picture as a weak rebuttal.

I didn't say handhelds.

Laguna said:
Actually it is. SF4, RE4, DMC4, Dead Rising and in the future (who knows) maybe even Monster Hunter 3.

Which one of those games are on all 3 consoles?

I'm not saying it's not a possibility, it is, maybe even a good one, but you're making it sound like it's a fact when it's not. And who knows if Sony will moneyhat Capcom? Or maybe even Nintendo?

Spiegel

markatisu said:
One of those FF's did pretty well in the US I thought from Squares last financial reports

Yeah, that "pretty well" number is not something unreachable for a SE psp game.

markatisu

Spiegel said:
Yeah, that "pretty well" number is not something unreachable for a SE psp game.

I did not say it did, I was just commenting on how not every Square DS game had results like TWEWY

Spiegel

markatisu said:
I did not say it did, I was just commenting on how not every Square DS game had results like TWEWY

I'm sorry, I was not implying SE games sell badly on ds. It's just that is laughable to think S-E games on psp (KH) are going to sell badly because PSP DOESN'T SELL GAMES!!

Laguna

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
I didn't say handhelds.

Which one of those games are on all 3 consoles?

I'm not saying it's not a possibility, it is, maybe even a good one, but you're making it sound like it's a fact when it's not. And who knows if Sony will moneyhat Capcom? Or maybe even Nintendo?

We were talking about a multiplattform strategy that doesn´t mean it has to be on every single system just stop coiling around after losing an argument. It´s not like I haven´t said it before but it´s in Sonys own interest for the next-handheld-gen to make Capcom a favorable offer to keep MH exclusive or atleast pray to god that Capcom will do it on their own...

But it´s not like Nintendo won´t do anything actually they are obviosly trying to push the MH series also on Nintendo systems with their Monster Hunter G+Classic Controller and Monster Hunter 3+Classic-Controller-Pro bundles. It´s a different story to get a series like Monster Hunter ALSO on the marketleading plattform (and in case of the next-gen-handelds a potential marketleader) opposed to keep a series like Monster Hunter exclusive.

jeremy1456

Spiegel said:

And how well did FF1 and 2 fare on PSP? :lol

The DS games are remakes. It's really not fair to compare them to new games like Crisis Core.

With each post you make I become more and more certain that you're a second account of Tabris.

Oldschool

jeremy1456 said:

The DS games are remakes. It's really not fair to compare them to new games like Crisis Core.

With each post you make I become more and more certain that you're a second account of Tabris.

:lol

Spiegel

jeremy1456 said:

And with each post like this you make yourself look more and more like a fanboy.

Oh no, he's not shitting on the psp MUST BE TABRIS.

Laguna said:
We were talking about a multiplattform strategy that doesn´t mean it has to be on every single system just stop coiling around after losing an argument. It´s not like I haven´t said it before but it´s in Sonys own interest for the next-handheld-gen to make Capcom a favorable offer to keep MH exclusive or atleast pray to god that Capcom will do it on their own...

But it´s not like Nintendo won´t do anything actually they are obviosly trying to push the MH series also on Nintendo series with their Monster Hunter G+Classic Controller and Monster Hunter 3+Classic-Controller-Pro bundles. It´s a different story to get a series like Monster Hunter ALSO on the marketleading plattform (and in the case of the next-gen-handelds a potential marketleader) opposed to keep a series like Monster Hunter exclusive.

If it'll make you sleep better at night then you can say I lost the argument or what have you, like I said, none of the games you mentioned are on all 3 consoles, where's MH3 and G on the PS360? Where's Lost Planet Colonies on the PS3 or Wii? and so on, you're just assuming stuff and trying to pass it on as a fact. Maybe it'll come to fruition, maybe it won't, but it's not a fact, I can assume MGS4: Sub whatever will be made and come to the 360, or I can assume ToV and SO4 will come to the PS3, it's a good assumption and I might be right and I might be wrong, but I won't try to pass it on as fact.

Spiegel

Regulus Tera said:
Oh goodie, handheld warz are back!

There's no handheld war here. He just thinks I'm a fanboy because I say that a big budget SE game (KH:BBS) on a system "where big budget SE games sell well" (PSP) can sell the same as a modest budget SE game (KH DS) on a system "where SE games sell comparable numbers to the other system (DS)"

EDIT

Re-reading the thread you're right, handheld wars are back

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jeremy1456 said:

Dont be stupid. FFIII DS was the first remake of that game in 15 years, the first edition ever to make it overseas and had no competition and a bigger userbase. And it still didnt outsell Crisis Core. Its not unreasonable to think BbS would outsell the DS game when its the next full game in the series and not a spinoff.

Eteric Rice

HK-47 said:
Dont be stupid. FFIII DS was the first remake of that game in 15 years, the first edition ever to make it overseas and had no competition and a bigger userbase. And it still didnt outsell Crisis Core. Its not unreasonable to think BbS would outsell the DS game when its the next full game in the series and not a spinoff.

To be fair, Crisis Core is a prequel to Final Fantasy VII. It was hyped for like 2 years.

Laguna

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
If it'll make you sleep better at night then you can say I lost the argument or what have you, like I said, none of the games you mentioned are on all 3 consoles, where's MH3 and G on the PS360? Where's Lost Planet Colonies on the PS3 or Wii? and so on, you're just assuming stuff and trying to pass it on as a fact. Maybe it'll come to fruition, maybe it won't, but it's not a fact, I can assume MGS4: Sub whatever will be made and come to the 360, or I can assume ToV and SO4 will come to the PS3, it's a good assumption and I might be right and I might be wrong, but I won't try to pass it on as fact.

Are you ignorant or what. Just examples, Capcoms engine is incompatible with Wii (technical restrictions/barrier), PS3 is in last place and your "splendid" example/ exception (Lost Planet) sold like crap on it, so it wouldn´t be a surprise if their won´t be a port. Doesn´t change that Capcom is known for their multiplatform strategy this fact won´t change even with your strange cherry picking.

The only thing that I was saying from the beginning is that it´s in Sony´s interest that Monster Hunter remains also for the next-handheld-gen exclusive on their handheld system. And that since Nintendos next-handheld most likely won´t have such an outdated N64-esque hardware chances for also an "DS2" version of a MH game rise and that this scenario wouldn´t be a beneficial one for Sonys next handheld plattform.

jeremy1456

HK-47 said:

Re-releases/remakes of FF games haven't done terribly well over the years.

Crisis Core was a prequel to the most popular FF game in this part of the world, and it obviously had a much bigger budget than the DS remakes.

I was also under the impression that the PSP had a bigger userbase when CC was released than the DS did when III came out. I could be wrong on that one though.

I didn't say it's unreasonable to think the PSP Kingdom Hearts would outsell the DS one, I just made a prediction which I still stand by. Spiegel just took it too seriously.

Laguna said:
Are you ignorant or what. Just examples, Capcoms engine is incompatible with Wii (technical restrictions/barrier), PS3 is in last place and your "splendid" example/ exception (Lost Planet) sold like crap on it, so it wouldn´t be a surprise if their won´t be a port. Doesn´t change that Capcom is known for their multiplatform strategy this fact won´t change even with your strange cherry picking.

The only thing that I was saying from the beginning is that it´s in Sony´s interest that Monster Hunter remains also for the next-handheld-gen exclusive on their handheld system. And that since Nintendos next-handheld most likely won´t have such an outdated N64-esque hardware chances for also an "DS2" version of a MH game rise and that this scenario wouldn´t be a beneficial one for Sonys next handheld plattform.

No reason for the name calling you little bitch. If you can't have a civilized argument with somebody then don't get in one.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jeremy1456 said:
Re-releases/remakes of FF games haven't done terribly well over the years.

Crisis Core was a prequel to the most popular FF game in this part of the world, and it obviously had a much bigger budget than the DS remakes.

I was also under the impression that the PSP had a bigger userbase when CC was released than the DS did when III came out. I could be wrong on that one though.

I didn't say it's unreasonable to think the PSP Kingdom Hearts would outsell the DS one, I just made a prediction which I still stand by. Spiegel just took it too seriously.

Could be wrong on the userbase thing.

And which KH game do you think has the bigger budget behind it? Nomura is personally overseeing that one and its being done inhouse I believe.

cvxfreak

Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts don't necessarily influence each other's ability to sell, nor are they perfectly related. The DS is more likely to have the young fanbase that KH goes after. Hell, that's why they made KHCoM for the GBA many years ago.

I expect the DS KH to sell quite a lot in NA, probably more than the PSP one.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
cvxfreak said:
Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts don't necessarily influence each other's ability to sell, nor are they perfectly related. The DS is more likely to have the young fanbase that KH goes after. Hell, that's why they made KHCoM for the GBA many years ago.

I expect the DS KH to sell quite a lot in NA, probably more than the PSP one.

Which is odd (and maybe unfortunate) because it seems BbS will be going back to more Disney influence in the story after II pretty much used it as filler. DS seems to be entirely talking from within its own mythos.

Laguna

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Cute, but you're still a bitch.

I gave you examples, but you choose to just ignore them or make explanations that only make sense in your thick ass skull.

We know you are a little brat it´s always a pleasure to see a little whiney like yourself, insulting others just for the mere idea that your beloved company of choice may lose an exclusive videogame.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hey would you idiots take this to PMs instead of shitting up and down the thread?

A pox on both your houses!

Laguna said:
We know you are a little brat it´s always a pleasure to see a little whiney like yourself, insulting others just for the mere idea that your beloved company of choice may lose an exclusive videogame.

Read up and see who started insulting who you stupid fuck.

And my "beloved company of choice"? How old are you? 10? Why would I care if some rich fat corporate fuck at Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft is getting more money in his pockets?

I'm done here, you're too retarded and thick headed to have a decent conversation with. Peace.

Eteric Rice

Okay, this thread is getting crazy.

Nintendo, do something so MC can go back to normal. There will be less casualties that way. :|

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Eteric Rice said:

Nintendo, do something so MC can go back to normal. There will be less casualties that way. :|

I dare say I love this. Nintendo needs a boot in the ass in Japan (and elsewhere but they are still rolling there)

As long as DS does fine and Pikmin 3 is still coming.

donny2112

Eteric Rice said:
Nintendo, do something so MC can go back to normal.

Some posters want this thread to go back to normal, but I know better. There's no going back. Nintendo's ridiculous handling of the Wii has changed things.

DarkKnightJoker.gif

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Neo-Sheperd said:
what you talking about Willis, its starting to get heated up in here and you want them to stop ? .....:lol

I'd rather talk about why 3rd party games don't sell on Wii than listen to this crap.

Laguna

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Read up and see who started insulting who you stupid fuck.

And my "beloved company of choice"? How old are you? 10? Why would I care if some rich fat corporate fuck at Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft is getting more money in his pockets?

I'm done here, you're too retarded and thick headed to have a decent conversation with. Peace.

the internet what a wonderful place, isn´t it? Where even a little brat like yourself can be an insulting person behind a monitor. You have won the internet dude.

Eteric Rice said:

wait til next month, everything will be back to normal and all this will be forgotten

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Spiegel said:
Is PSP the new PS2 in Japan?

I think we should debate what 3rd party genres sell better on Wii and what ones sell better on PSP!

[Nintex]

Nintendo needs the MotionPlus out there and hope it sells. NoE pretty much told me that launching the DSi overseas is Nintendo's top priority, after that they want to get the Motion Plus and more Wii software in stores before summer and end the year with a bang.

Nintendo's mistake was that they expected Animal Crossing and Wii Music to be evergreen titles. Selling systems at a steady pace untill the next big thing(Wii Sports Resort) hits. The strategy pretty much backfired, if they knew this they might've spread out the release of Smash Bros. and Mario Kart a bit better(like NoE) and they might've prepared something better for holiday 2008.

Top Bottom