• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 04 - 10 Dec (HOLY ****ING CRAP edition)

Juice

Wii hardware must have been only about twice as many units as Zelda; it's clear that it's selling to half the Wii adopters at purchase time.

Excellent start for Blue Dragon, Kirby is really doing well, and as for Zelda...well, I'm sure a lot of people would like to see that higher, but the hardware numbers are going to be important for determining how it's truly doing.

Nice starts for the PS2 games, too.

not bashing any other consoles here, maybe some people here though but blue dragon totally deserves it. it's the first real next gen traditional rpg out there and it looks amazing. it's beautiful. it reminds me of the jump from 8 bit to 16 bit games. it's sad that some are so blinded by fanboyism that they have written this gem off.

fernoca

"Things that makes you go hmmm..."..
Hehehe..
Kinda weird how Wii Play and Sport and still in the top 10..

But then, Zelda has never been a big seller in Japan..maybe the Gamecube version's numers..will be a better indicator of how much they like Zelda.

cvxfreak

11. Love and Berry DS Collection
12. New Super Mario Brothers
13. Momotarou Dentetsu 16
14. 1000 DS Receipes
15. Animal Crossing Wild World
16. More Brain Age
17. Zelda no Densetsu: Twilight Princess
18. Tales of Destiny
19. Yakuza (PS2 The Best)
20. Final Fantasy VI Advance
21. Brighter than Dawning Blue
22. Power Pro Kun Pocket 9
23. Odoru Made in Wario
24. Kirarin Star Revolution Naasan to Issho
25. Brain Age
26. Mario Kart DS
27. 200 Mannin Kanji
28. DS Cuisine Navigator
29. J League Winning Eleven 10
30. English Training DS

D.Lo

Erm, Zelda sold 139,011 last week. It's still outsold Blue Dragon, most likely doubled it if the bundles have been counted in sales.

You never expect new hardware's games to dominate the software charts to begin with, it's the hardware charts that will tell a better story.

AniHawk

fernoca said:
"Things that makes you go hmmm..."..
Hehehe..
Kinda weird how Wii Play and Sport and still in the top 10..

But then, Zelda has never been a big seller in Japan..maybe the Gamecube version's numers..will be a better indicator of how much they like Zelda.

The GC version is only available online in Japan.

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
Blue Dragon's 80k figure should be including the bundle. Media Create doesn't seperate the figures for software even when there are bundles or limited editions.
Very odd. I though they included limited editions, but not hardware. Still, 80k is very impressive. At last weeks installed base for the 360, that means 44% of 360 owners already have the game in Japan. wow

Bebpo

Banned
Odysseus said:
dq9 to ds
zelda way below wii sports
home console gaming in japan dies with ps2

I think you missed the ummm...BLUE FREAKING DRAGON AT NUMBER 4!

RGG2 = Awesome sales. Between that and THE BEST version of RGG1 doing 200k the two games combined are going to pass a million when RGG2 goes THE BEST. With a million copies sold I think Sega is actually going to recoup from their 20 million investment.

Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza also looks to be one the highest selling original games in the last 5-10 years of Japan game history. Good to see a fantastic game is taking off and becoming popular both in really high ratings and public opinion. These sales have pretty much assured that RGG3 will be a next-gen production on either X360 or PS3 or both!

jimbo

Banned
So much for that Zelda will outsell GOW world-wide because of the Japan difference talk.

Can't wait until hardware numbers tomorrow.

Rlan

All depends on just how many Wiis are being sold. What were the estimates before, 100,000ish for that week? Zelda probably sold 30,000 copies, which is still 1/3 of the userbase.

jett

D-Member
Seeing Wii games on that chart that are offered for free in other parts of the world is just funny.

Odysseus

Banned
Bebpo said:
I think you missed the ummm...BLUE FREAKING DRAGON AT NUMBER 4!

these are but the death throws

witness the industry cling to life and gasp for air and then succumb to the darkness

Rlan said:
All depends on just how many Wiis are being sold. What were the estimates before, 100,000ish for that week? Zelda probably sold 30,000 copies, which is still 1/3 of the userbase.
I think they must have sold only 100,000 Wiis. It looks like most of the Wii games sold this week are pretty much close to that number.

jett said:
Seeing Wii games on that chart that are offered for free in other parts of the world is just funny.

Approximation of current exchange rate:

Wii @ 25,000 Yen / 117 Yen/Dollar = $213.68
Wii Sports @ 4800 Yen / 117 Yen/Dollar = $41.03

For a total of $254.71.

Snaku

Banned
cvxfreak said:
DS: 17
PS2: 7
Wii: 4
GBA: 1
360: 1
PS3: 0
PSP: 0

laughingdq.gif

Imagine what this week will be, given the recent...developments. :lol Next week's MC thread will be awesome.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Snaku said:
laughingdq.gif

Imagine what this week will be, given the recent...developments. :lol Next week's MC thread will be awesome.

Considering Nintendo's shipments are constrained to 1.5 million, not really.

Top Bottom