• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11 - 17 Sept

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam

3. (DS, Square Enix) Final Fantasy III - 57,057 / 655,533
7. (PSP, Bandai Namco) Ridge Racers 2 - 28,232

FF3 not doing so hot. Pretty poor for a FF game if you ask me. RPG game sales in Japan go down considerably weeks later (mostly cause they buy them on day one!). Therefore this one will fall of the face of the earth next week.
Edit: Due to the "defensive DS fans" I have hidden this comment. Also since I didnt know there were still shortages (this seems to be implied in this thread). Censoring sucks but I guess you can't win when people are too sensitive.

I also expected Ridge Racers 2 to be #1 this week but I am hearing it is bearly a simple upgrate so I am not surprise. More like a patch to the old game. Anyone know what the price on it is? I'm sure Namco didnt spend much in production.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Why exactly do we keep approving new members? They aren't even good at trolling. At least our tried and true members have all the proper information and put together a worthy troll.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
TheProfessor said:
FF3 not doing so hot. Pretty poor for a FF game if you ask me. RPG game sales in Japan go down considerably weeks later (mostly cause they buy them on day one!). Therefore this one will fall of the face of the earth next week.

I also expected Ridge Racers 2 to be #1 this week but I am hearing it is bearly a simple upgrate so I am not surprise. More like a patch to the old game. Anyone know what the price on it is? I'm sure Namco didnt spend much in production.
sdfnp4.gif

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
er. FF3 has been selling consistantly for the past 3 weeks, much better than its console bretheren that faded away within 2 weeks.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
TheProfessor said:

Sorry, but the part of monorojo has already been filled, junior.

TheProfessor said:

Please, please, please tell me you're being sarcastic.

castle007

Banned
Link said:
Why exactly do we keep approving new members? They aren't even good at trolling. At least our tried and true members have all the proper information and put together a worthy troll.

I agree!!

We should have a GAF meeting and discuss this problem. There are way too many troll threads and troll users on GAF!!!

I say we only accept 10 members a month. Anyone who wants to become a member of GAF needs to prove that he is worthy!!!!

There should be a survey/contract before someone joins GAF. With stuff like "You swear upon the TOS that you will not troll, be useless, annoying, and most of all, stupid" and then say "Yes" after each line. There's already the TOS before someone joins but nobody reads that. We need to force it on them! And there's gotta be an obligitory line that stands out at the end that states "YOU PROMISE THAT YOU WILL KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WHILE ENDLESSLY ARGUING FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUING ON GAF".

TheProfessor said:

Dad%20eyebrow%20raised.jpg

castle007

Banned
Chris Michael said:
There should be a survey/contract before someone joins GAF. With stuff like "You swear upon the TOS that you will not troll, be useless, annoying, and most of all, stupid" and then say "Yes" after each line. There's already the TOS before someone joins but nobody reads that. We need to force it on them! And there's gotta be an obligitory line that stands out at the end that states "YOU PROMISE THAT YOU WILL KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WHILE ENDLESSLY ARGUING FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUING ON GAF".

But that won't guarantee that they will stick to the rules.

I say we ask them for their credit card numbers, and everytime they troll we charge them 3 bucks. And 10 bucks for a ban.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Sorry didnt know they were shortages.

RPGs do drop in sales considerably on the 3rd and 4th week and I doubt even with them sorting the shortages issues it will help any especially after the pokemon release.

And also isn't it common knowledge that third party games on PSP sell better? GTA, Monster hunter come to mind. Has there ever been a one million+ seller third party game for the DS? I am quite ignorant on portables since I don't follow it much.

KINGMOKU

TheProfessor said:

:lol

Its almost as if he knows nothing of the circumstances surrounding the sales of this game, at all, or ignores it, and says something that fits into his little reality.

Post-truamatic stress disorder for Sony Defense Force's.

PTSDPSP.

TAKE YOUR DAMN MEDS.

Link

The Autumn Wind
TheProfessor said:

RPGs do drop in sales considerably on the 3rd and 4th week and I doubt even with them sorting the shortages issues it will help any especially after the pokemon release.

And also isn't it common knowledge that third party games on PSP sell better? GTA, Monster hunter come to mind. Has there ever been a one million+ seller third party game for the DS? I am quite ignorant on portables since I don't follow it much.
Holy shit, someone stab my brain with an icepick, because it's gotta be better than what this post does to me.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
TheProfessor said:

The Tamagotchi game leaps to mind.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Why is it trolling if I am not offending any system or game?

I am comparing FF games released and my expectations from all the hype FF3 got. I never said anything negative.

I think you guys are just too damn sentitive. That's it I'm taking off my SDF avatar... Is only there for PS3 comments :D

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sp0rsk said:
er. FF3 has been selling consistantly for the past 3 weeks, much better than its console bretheren that faded away within 2 weeks.

people who wanted the console games were able to get it on day one...i guess Square found the secret to having their game in the top 10 for a longer amount of time. :lol

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
moku said:
:lol

Its almost as if he knows nothing of the circumstances surrounding the sales of this game, at all, or ignores it, and says something that fits into his little reality.

Post-truamatic stress disorder for Sony Defense Force's.

PTSDPSP.

TAKE YOUR DAMN MEDS.

Never said I liked the PSP better. Actually never compared any games on any systems. Just gave an opinion about sales of my favorite franchise of all time.

I guess anything remotely hinting that the DS is not the best things since slice bread or even if it hints at Nintendo not dominating the handheld world gets the NDF to throw a fit.

castle007

Banned
davepoobond said:
people who wanted the console games were able to get it on day one...i guess Square found the secret to having their game in the top 10 for a longer amount of time. :lol

Does that mean they will only ship 100000 copies of FFXIII in the first week :lol ?

KINGMOKU

TheProfessor said:
Never said I liked the PSP better. Actually never compared any games on any systems. Just gave an opinion about sales of my favorite franchise of all time.

I guess anything remotely hinting that the DS is not the best things since slice bread or even if it hints at Nintendo not dominating the handheld world. The NDF throws a fit.
Nothing to do with it. Your avatar, combined with your mind-boggeling conclusions are what brought this mini-wrath upon you.

BorkBork

TheProfessor said:
Never said I liked the PSP better. Actually never compared any games on any systems. Just gave an wildly uninformed opinion about sales of my favorite franchise of all time.

Fixed for ya there. Use the search function to backup your shit before posting.

I guess anything remotely hinting that the DS is not the best things since slice bread or even if it hints at Nintendo not dominating the handheld world.

That's because to suggest otherwise in a Japanese sales thread right now would be an outright LIE. Liars get called out on GAF.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
BorkBork said:
That's because to suggest otherwise in a Japanese sales thread right now would be an outright LIE. Liars get called out on GAF.

Yeah but is not like it dominates in all aspects. For example would it be a lie if I said XBOX is the best machine for FPSs for current gen? Would the SDF throw a fit saying "Quit trolling you noob fanboy", No.

The one thing that upsets so many people in this thread is where comments were made hinting that maybe DS isn't the best place for third party games saleswise. (My comment didn't even go that far but it was easy to attack)

So there were shortages and I didnt know. I actually knew there were shortages on day 1 but I figured they would have had them resolved by now.

medrew

TheProfessor said:

I'm confused by this statement. It seems to suggest there has been many 3rd party games on the PSP that have sold over a million.
It's all relative in a lot of sense, too. With the crap some people have been pushing out on the DS I'm sure they'd be more than happy with their 'crummy' results. what goes in often determines what sells out.

BorkBork

TheProfessor said:
Yeah but is not like it dominates in all aspects. For example would it be a lie if I said XBOX is the best machine for FPSs for current gen? Would the SDF throw a fit saying "Quit trolling you noob fanboy", No.

When it comes to Japanese hardware and software sales, it does dominate in all aspects for the last few months. Unless you're deliberately looking for some obscure example to back up your argument.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's sad that some people would rather be viewed as completely ignorant morons than as biased.

TheProfessor said:
Edit: Due to the "defensive DS fans" I have hidden this comment. Also since I didnt know there were still shortages (this seems to be implied in this thread). Censoring sucks but I guess you can't win when people are too sensitive.
Finally a MC sales thread with some zest.

davepoobond

castle007 said:
Does that mean they will only ship 100000 copies of FFXIII in the first week :lol ?

no, fool

they shipped like 1.5 million copies of FFXII or whatever when it was released for PS2.

they shipped <600,000 for the DS game.

castle007 said:
I agree!!

We should have a GAF meeting and discuss this problem. There are way too many troll threads and troll users on GAF!!!

I say we only accept 10 members a month. Anyone who wants to become a member of GAF needs to prove that he is worthy!!!!
Different Idea. Limit juniors to posting no more than once every 144 minutes (10 posts per day if they're diligent) and lock them out of editing. This way they have to be very consise and thorough and thought out before they hit submit.

davepoobond

bmf said:
Different Idea. Limit juniors to posting no more than once every 144 minutes (10 posts per day if they're diligent) and lock them out of editing. This way they have to be very consise and thorough and thought out before they hit submit.

um i dont think that'll happen too much

apujanata

TheProfessor said:

I guess anything remotely hinting that the DS is not the best things since slice bread or even if it hints at Nintendo not dominating the handheld world gets the NDF to throw a fit.

If you :
- have researched / browse through the sales archive topics (especially related to Japan's Media Create)
- realize that FF3 is a remake
- realize that some FF fan consider FF3 is the worst FF game in the main series
- realize that many people though that FF3 will undersell (see the prediction thread of FF3 by lancestern here)

you will not receive so many negative comment.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
TheProfessor said:
Well now you know!
vjoe6.jpg

"And knowing is half the battle!"

TheProfessor said:

I am going to go out on a limb and say it won't be as hurt by Pokemon as lots of people think. Well, production will be an issue, but I think it'll weather the store until most people who wantsFF3, gets FF3. How much the shipping/production issues hurt its final total is anybody's guess. But I don't think it'll be destroyed. It's FF afterall. Believe?

TheProfessor said:

In japan only MH counts, and Tamagotchi for the DS sold over a million.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Link said:
It's sad that some people would rather be viewed as completely ignorant morons than as biased.

Is sad some people would rather insult instead of write up a proper response.

Not having up to the minute information on a game but posting a one liner that didn’t take everything into account does not mean you're a moron. It means your not a fanboy and don't have to have all the ammo needed to defend your silly idea that one system is better than another.

However your comment says just how arrogant you seem to be. It actually takes a bigger and smarter man to admit he didn’t know all the facts but might have to readjust his opinion.

Things could have been so different:

NonFanboy: “Dude there are still shortages on that, read some of the other comments”
Me: “Yeah just read the rest of the comments, they still having issues with that I thought they resolve it. Thanks. I guess they might still make it to 1 mil.”
NonFanboy: Yep

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
GreenGlowingGoo said:
Well now you know!
vjoe6.jpg

"And knowing is half the battle!"

I am going to go out on a limb and say it won't be as hurt by Pokemon as lots of people think. Well, production will be an issue, but I think it'll weather the store until most people who wantsFF3, gets FF3. How much the shipping/production issues hurt its final total is anybody's guess. But I don't think it'll be destroyed. It's FF afterall. Believe?

In japan only MH counts, and Tamagotchi for the DS sold over a million.

Thanks GreenGlowingGoo I guess not all members are as mature as you

looks at Link's comments in disgust

Link

The Autumn Wind
TheProfessor said:
Is sad some people would rather insult instead of write up a proper response.

Not having up to the minute information on a game but posting a one liner that didn’t take everything into account does not mean you're a moron. It means your not a fanboy and don't have to have all the ammo needed to defend your silly idea that one system is better than another.

However your comment says just how arrogant you seem to be. It actually takes a bigger and smarter man to admit he didn’t know all the facts but might have to readjust his opinion.

Things could have been so different:

NonFanboy: “Dude there are still shortages on that, read some of the other comments”
Me: “Yeah just read the rest of the comments, they still having issues with that I thought they resolve it. Thanks. I guess they might still make it to 1 mil.”
NonFanboy: Yep
I'm not the one who came into a thread and posted a reply that seemed to have the sole intention of stirring the pot, then went into a multi-post barrage claiming I don't know anything about the situation.

This is a gaming forum. If you don't know any of the facts you claim you don't, you have no right to be here and certainly had no reason to post in this thread unless it was simply to cause trouble.

apujanata

TheProfessor said:

You need to get your "common knowledge" straighten up, especially regarding Japan market.

Instead of mentioning GTA, you will be better off mentioning Dragon Ball Z3, the other game that sell 500K+ in Japan.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Oh yeah, just so we're all clear for the Pokemon release... Do we consider Pokemon a third or first party game? Last I heard, Nintendo only owns a portion of the stock. But they own a small portion of Namco-Bandai too. So. Ideas?

medrew

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Oh yeah, just so we're all clear for the Pokemon release... Do we consider Pokemon a third or first party game? Last I heard, Nintendo only owns a portion of the stock. But they own a small portion of Namco-Bandai too. So. Ideas?

It's a subsidary of Nintendo, therefore we should consider it a first party game. 'Only owns' is misleading as the Big N has a controling interest.
Namco-Bandai's stock holding is so small that it isn't even worth disclosing as Nintendo has no control over what they do, contrary to Gamefreaks.

GreenGlowingGoo said:

Wtf? I'm 99% sure Pokemon is a 100% first party IP.

ethelred

medrew said:
It's a subsidary of Nintendo, therefore we should consider it a first party game. 'Only owns' is misleading as the Big N has a controling interest.
Namco-Bandai's stock holding is so small that it isn't even worth disclosing as Nintendo has no control over what they do, contrary to Gamefreaks.

GameFreaks isn't the publisher -- The Pokemon Company is.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Link said:
I'm not the one who came into a thread and posted a reply that seemed to have the sole intention of stirring the pot, then went into a multi-post barrage claiming I don't know anything about the situation.

This is a gaming forum. If you don't know any of the facts you claim you don't, you have no right to be here and certainly had no reason to post in this thread unless it was simply to cause trouble.

What? Youre saying I have to know what im talking about before I go around trolling threads? I can't just call everyone rude assholes and run away?

castle007

Banned
Ok, I know this is a sales thread, but the amount of trolling is just ridiculous. If this continues the mods might have to lock this thread.

Link

The Autumn Wind
sp0rsk said:
What? Youre saying I have to know what im talking about before I go around trolling threads? I can't just call everyone rude assholes and run away?
You could, but it's not nearly as effective.

Tabris

mckmas8808 said:
The SDF representing in here tonight. And all of them are juniours.

Not all of them are juniors.

GAF has done a 180 though, before you could get away with trolling the Gamecube no problem, now it's the PSP. The opposite is also true, can't troll the DS and you couldn't troll the PS2 before without being banned.

medrew

ethelred said:
GameFreaks isn't the publisher -- The Pokemon Company is.

Ah right, Gamefreaks is the company that owns the other stake.
Got them mixed up, but the point still stands if you subsititute the names.

Top Bottom