• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/19 - 11/25 2007

tanod

when is my burrito
VultureDude said:
what explains the 360 bump? people finally realizing the 360 has a pretty decent library?

3k-5k has been normal. It's riding the holiday wave.

Believe it or not, MS is actually doing better with the 360 than the original in Japan. Whodathunk?

donny2112

Busaiku said:
How are the DS's and PSP's respective YTD's faring compared to last year?

JoshuaJSlone's website can make you a nice graph displaying the progression. Here's the current tally.

DS '07 vs. '06: -735,864
PSP '07 vs. '06: +845,473

Satter said:
What's the next major game for DS now that DQIV is out?

Professor Layton should be big.

tanod said:
Believe it or not, MS is actually doing better with the 360 than the original in Japan. Whodathunk?

Especially after it started off so much lower.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
donny2112 said:
Especially after it started off so much lower.
That's what really impresses me. I remember laughing at how the 360 did so much worse than the Xbox when it launched. MS has done a better job than most will admit.

Fuzzy said:
That's what really impresses me. I remember laughing at how the 360 did so much worse than the Xbox when it launched. MS has done a better job than most will admit.

360 may have a chance of hitting 500k ltd by year's end.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn those are very good numbers for the Ps3 this week I expected to drop back to the 15k range oh well that what the power of the holidays do for you.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ps3 actually increased -- nice. it may stay around 30-50k for a while. i'll bet it wont get below 20k again, at least for the rest of the year

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Crusade said:
Wow, Media-Create's numbers are even more off than last week. What happened?

Who says that they are 'off?' for all we know, Media Create numbers are the accurate ones. They just happen to be different from Famitsu. That doesn't make them more or less wrong.

Crusade

donny2112 said:
Edit:
Do you mean more off from Famitsu or more off from reality?
I meant off from Famitsu, my bad :lol

Who knows which one is closer to the truth. I'm noticing Sony products track higher in Famitsu and Nintendo higher in MC recently though. Is there anything that could be causing this difference with the different retailers they track?

Fuzzy

This is why we should take an average of the different trackers and compare that data to the amount that was shipped. We can then adjust the number up or down depending on what the shipment data shows. It just makes sense.

reilo

Fuzzy said:
This is why we should take an average of the different trackers and compare that data to the amount that was shipped. We can then adjust the number up or down depending on what the shipment data shows. It just makes sense.

Uhm..........

(neutral) Fuzzy
Fuzzy Math
(Today, 06:42 PM)
Reply | Quote

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Crusade said:
I meant off from Famitsu, my bad :lol

Who knows which one is closer to the truth. I'm noticing Sony products track higher in Famitsu and Nintendo higher in MC recently though. Is there anything that could be causing this difference with the different retailers they track?

I'll repeat what I said a bit earlier- when Wii started dropping, Famitsu actually had it higher by 10K for like 3 weeks.

I also remember Famitsu having PS3 lower than MC a few weeks aho. There is no trend.

Crusade

Fuzzy said:
Well maybe something with that general idea, but Fuzzy Math yes.:lol

If this difference is gonna cause debates over which tracker to follow each week, might as well

Fuzzy

reilo said:
Uhm..........

(neutral) Fuzzy
Fuzzy Math
(Today, 06:42 PM)
Reply | Quote
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that we have to take past trends into consideration.

Crusade said:

If this difference is gonna cause debates over which tracker to follow each week, might as well
Remember that pic donny posted on the previous page when replying to me?

schuelma

Crusade said:

There isn't a debate- we follow Media Create, end of story.

*Guaraná

Banned
it's funny to see Sony fanboys tsaying that now MC is unacurate. Famitsu FTW! At least while they have higher PS3 numbers. :lol

donny2112

Busaiku said:
So DS overall sales will be lower overall unless it can pull what it did in 2005.

Even it it did the numbers it did in 2005, it'd only make up 150K in sales on 2006 going by NPD months.

schuelma

Crusade said:
We may have charts for media-create, but that doesn't mean you should ignore other sources

Talk about the Famitsu charts all you want, but you're not going to convince GAF to change to Famitsu just because it has had Wii higher the past 2 weeks.

reilo

*Guaraná said:
it's funny to see Sony fanboys tsaying that now MC is unacurate. Famitsu FTW! At least while they have higher PS3 numbers. :lol

What?

donny2112

Fuzzy said:
Remember that pic donny posted on the previous page when replying to me?

:lol

We've been too long absent ioi. The newer members aren't familiar with his ways.

Crusade said:

There's a website for that ...

*Guaraná said:
They are not doing that. Stop trying to stir things up.

swerve

Crusade said:
Is there anything that could be causing this difference with the different retailers they track?

Nintendo have much stronger business with department stores in Japan than the other hardware guys (not just since the DS, they always have done).

I have no idea if this is the root of the differences, but it's possible that if one source isn't tracking dept stores and the other is, then there'd be a fair difference in Nintendo figures.

Fuzzy

donny2112 said:
:lol

We've been too long absent ioi. The newer members aren't familiar with his ways.
Remember how I used to joke that I was AniHawk's alt? That was all a ruse to throw people off of the truth.

donny2112

schuelma said:
I'll repeat what I said a bit earlier- when Wii started dropping, Famitsu actually had it higher by 10K for like 3 weeks.

I also remember Famitsu having PS3 lower than MC a few weeks aho. There is no trend.

JJS's site to the rescue (again).

WiiPS3FamvsMC.png

apujanata

Fuzzy said:

Ioi, since when you hijacked Fuzzy's id ?

Jiggy

After seeing this week, I'm actually really interested in whether DS hardware will get any kind of bump from Dragon Quest V in January. I'm inclined to think that most people getting DQV would have already gotten their DS for DQIV (if they didn't own a DS in the first place) just two months prior, but whether I'm right or wrong it'll be something to watch.

Raw64life

So did we ever figure out what all these people who are buying PSPs are doing with it? I mean 75k and not a single game in the top 30. There can't be that many hackers.

donny2112

I think a third of the PSP Slims sold at launch were sold with a TV tuner. A significant portion of it may be piracy, but another significant portion, as discussed earlier in this thread, is the non-gaming capabilities of the system.

Fuzzy

donny2112 said:
I think a third of the PSP Slims sold at launch were sold with a TV tuner. A significant portion of it may be piracy, but another significant portion, as discussed earlier in this thread, is the non-gaming capabilities of the system.
Plus people upgrading so they can play their PSP games on their TV.

donny2112

Fuzzy said:
Plus people upgrading so they can play their PSP games on their TV.

I'd believe that for the first few weeks, at least. You think a significant portion of the current purchasers are still upgrading?

Edit:
Thinking about it some more, it could very well be that a good portion of the holiday purchasers could be upgraders who didn't feel like buying the system as soon as it was released.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
There's no holiday bump going on people. There is no holiday to bump it. There could be a few factors, last week included pay day, DQ4, incoming Wii fit\Basara 2, and so on. People aren't shopping for Christmas here, lol.

Top Bottom