• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/19 - 11/25 2007

tanod

when is my burrito
CitizenCope said:
2 in the top 30!?!?!
Some weeks there are none in the top 30.

The number in the top 30 would be a better indication of how much is coming out which is not much. What does come out that isn't obvious crap is selling OK.

schuelma said:
Ok, we don't have a solid Wii Sports number, but based on Famitsu data, it should be between 20-25K based on other Famitsu game numbers.

Last week Wii Sports sales were 13K, and hardware was at 36K.

Therefore, I'd guess Wii hardware at 50- 55K or so.

The streams may re-cross tomorrow.

Sounds like a bit of assuming to me. I think the Wii Sports to Wii tie ratio has been changing lately.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
LM4sure said:
SMG will hang around the chart for a loooong time. It'll do well in the end.

you're the one that told us we could get a Wii just by walking in and grabbing one! Wtf do you know? :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
ComputerNerd said:
Sounds like a bit of assuming to me. I think the Wii Sports to Wii tie ratio has been changing lately.

It's stayed at around 50% +/- 5/10% pretty consistently.

ethelred

icecream said:
PS3 software sales have been quite nice in Japan. Most games that come out have gone over 100K in the week.

Er... no. Most PS3 games that have come out have not hit 100k in Japan.

Considering the first day sales, Mario & Sonic pulled out... well, better than I expected based on first day numbers, that's about it though. Hope it's selling better elsewhere. :lol

DQ and DS seem to be two great tastes that go great together. Between Joker and this, SE's got to be feeling pretty confident about DQIX being where it is.

Mario Galaxy is a genuine shame, though. It's one of the best games I've ever played. Sad to see it doing so-so in any region.

jesusraz

Fady K said:
That Tecmo detective game NEEDS to come out stateside.

Sadly, when I last spoke with Tecmo Japan the game wasn't even being considered for a Western release. I'm doing my best to convince them, though! I reckon it's definitely got a strong chance of doing well in Europe, following the success of Hotel Dusk here.

Vinnk said:
I'll check for it tonight. Any other requests?

I wouldn't mind knowing just how Tecmo's Nishimura game is doing in terms of availability... :) Also, it might be interesting to see if Ghost Squad and RE: TUC are back on shelves in decent numbers. Thanks.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ethelred said:
Er... no. Most PS3 games that have come out have not hit 100k in Japan.

Yeah...I believe it is 7 or 8 total.

Vinnk

schuelma said:
Are you going to pick up Wii Fit on Saturday?

Thinking about it. My girlfriend is interested in trying it. But I have been buying so many games lately and No More Heroes is out on the 6th..

Then again I had no intention of picking up Ghost Squad.. but I saw it and the rest is a blur.. Might happen again.

reilo said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 - October 23, 1988
Super Mario World - November 21, 1990
Super Mario 64 - June 23, 1996
Super Mario Sunshine - July 19, 2002
Super Mario Galaxy - November 1, 2007

Who said anything about low sales? I was talking about the typical release cycle for main Mario games.

/shrug

Ah my bad, with all these negative comments on SMG, I thought you were implying low sales.

Fady K

jesusraz said:
Sadly, when I last spoke with Tecmo Japan the game wasn't even being considered for a Western release. I'm doing my best to convince them, though! I reckon it's definitely got a strong chance of doing well in Europe, following the success of Hotel Dusk here.

I wouldn't mind knowing just how Tecmo's Nishimura game is doing in terms of availability... :) Also, it might be interesting to see if Ghost Squad and RE: TUC are back on shelves in decent numbers. Thanks.

Cool, you have connections with Tecmo. Yeah, Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk did pretty well and I don't see any reason why Tecmo's title wouldn't do the same. There ain't much coming out soon besides their golf game sequel on the Wii, so I hope they have something for us before Ninja Gaiden II hits - and hopefully its the detective game and not Monster Rancher DS (or both).

ethelred

Fady K said:
Cool, you have connections with Tecmo. Yeah, Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk did pretty well and I don't see any reason why Tecmo's title wouldn't do the same. There ain't much coming out soon besides their golf game sequel on the Wii, so I hope they have something for us before Ninja Gaiden II hits - and hopefully its the detective game and not Monster Rancher DS (or both).

Well, they also have Ninja Gaiden DS. But yes, I'd like to see Deadly Intent localized -- it seems cool, and the more the merrier as far as the adventure games / interactive novels go. And it's been such a success for Tecmo in Japan that it'd be nice to see that replicated elsewhere.

Fady K

ethelred said:
Well, they also have Ninja Gaiden DS. But yes, I'd like to see Deadly Intent localized -- it seems cool, and the more the merrier as far as the adventure games / interactive novels go. And it's been such a success for Tecmo in Japan that it'd be nice to see that replicated elsewhere.

Yikes, can't believe I forgot NG: DS. NG: DS and the detective suspense game would make a killer duo for the DS come Q2.

Edit: Deadly Intent? Is that what its called?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
icecream said:
A majority of the ones that were expected to sell did.

Stop.

PS3 software sales are abysmal. The only game that has sold above expectations is WE, but that can be attributed to new SKU, lower price, and holiday shopping season.

PS3 games sell 100K and then stop. That's not good.

ethelred

Fady K said:
Yikes, can't believe I forgot NG: DS. NG: DS and the detective suspense game would make a killer duo for the DS come Q2.

Edit: Deadly Intent? Is that what its called?

Well, Kyotaro Nishimura Mystery: Deadly Intent. More or less.

icecream said:
A majority of the ones that were expected to sell did.

Would it be possible for you to come up with an even more tortured statement? I'd love to see it, if so! Anyway, by my count, the best you could accurately say is that "A plurality notable minority of the PS3 games that were expected to sell did sell over an arbitrary minimum point." But that isn't what you said originally, so there we have it.

icecream

Public Health Threat
The percentage is a lot higher than one who listens to GAF's doom and gloom all day would expect. Especially when multiplatform titles such as WE, Musou or Bladestorm are compared.

ethelred said:
Would it be possible for you to come up with an even more tortured statement? I'd love to see it, if so!
I suppose we could shorten it to 'PS3 games sell better more often than expected in Japan!'

Fady K

ethelred said:
Well, Kyotaro Nishimura Mystery: Deadly Intent. More or less.

Would it be possible for you to come up with an even more tortured statement? I'd love to see it, if so!

Thanks for clearing the title up,

I think he (or she?) means for titles like Dynasty Warriors 6, WE, Gundam Warriors, Hot Shots Golf 5, etc...

Dante

You know I don't know what worse the people who think that Nintendo is done,

Or people who can't stand to see the Ps3 get some success.

Can't they both do good? Isn't it MUCH better for us if they both do good?

ethelred

Dante said:
You know I don't know what worse the people who think that Nintendo is done, Or people who can't stand to see the Ps3 get some success.

Absolutely, it's better for us if they both do well.

I'll save my kudos for when they both start doing well. As it stands, you've got a machine that's selling hardware like a PS2 and selling traditional game software like a PSP... and a souped up GameCube that's bringing some of the (formerly) largest franchises in Japan down with it.

Davidion

Dante said:

God forbid :lol

Evlar

Banned
Dante said:

It is better, certainly. PS3 has proved a few things these past few weeks: The price matters, and the games matter. Any problems in those two areas are solvable and Sony may yet escape long-term harm to their relationships with software makers. Wii has had a humbling few months and is clearly not the dominant system in Japan... but that distinction is still Nintendo's. We are living in the Age of the DS, which is perfectly fine with me as long as the two home systems can hold on to enough market share between them to keep Japanese console development healthy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
How badly is that? I recall that Capcom wanted to sell 900,000 units of MM titles this year...I mean they had some nice spill over from SF 1 (don't know if they count titles released in previous years towards that total) but MM ZX 2 seemed to bomb everywhere and I dont think anyone has numbers for SF in the west

Anyone have any idea if they'll meet that number?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
ethelred said:
Absolutely, it's better for us if they both do well.

I'll save my kudos for when they both start doing well. As it stands, you've got a machine that's selling hardware like a PS2 and selling traditional game software like a PSP... and a souped up GameCube that's bringing some of the (formerly) largest franchises in Japan down with it.

the whole "souped up gamecube" thing threw me a bit, but i think i got it. did you mean "selling like a GC?"

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
PantherLotus said:
the whole "souped up gamecube" thing threw me a bit, but i think i got it. did you mean "selling like a GC?"

No, I think his point was that the Wii sells hardware like the PS2, but traditional gaming software like the PSP. The souped up GC, I presume, is the PSP. Nice stealth-troll ethel!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
reilo said:
No, I think his point was that the Wii sells hardware like the PS2, but traditional gaming software like the PSP. The souped up GC, I presume, is the PSP. Nice stealth-troll ethel!

that's what i thought too, except i think he meant that the PS3 was selling like a GC, and was bringing down traditional powerhouses with it. It's those powerhouses that I'm unsure about. Gundabump?

Dez

Galaxy barely dropped in terms of raw sales #s, and was at #10 on Famitsu. It's legs are better than I expected (well, given the drops in the first two weeks)

Banned
Gahiggidy said:
Because the series is so shunned in the homeland, that they can't find any more young Japanese developers that are willing to work on it. Nintendo can't ignore the competition for new recruits, afterall.
A real contender for the stupidest thing I've ever read on the internet.

Top Bottom