• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 13 - 19 Nov

Rock_Man

11/20 - 11/26 (Famitsu)

1 NDS Love & Berry (Sega)
2 NDS Jump Ultimate Stars (Nintendo)

3 NDS Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (Pokemon)
4 PS2 J-League Winning Eleven 10 + Europe League 06-07 (Konami)
5 NDS Common Knowledge Training (Nintendo)
6 NDS Hoshi no Kirby (Nintendo)
7 X360 Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
8 PSP Jeanne D'Arc (Sony)

9 PS2 Sengoku Musou 2 Empires (Koei)
10 NDS New SMB (Nintendo)

bold = new

Rock_Man said:
11/20 - 11/26 (Famitsu)

bold = new
Xbox360 > PS3!!!!!!1

edit: oh oh only 6 NDS games in the top 10.

Bo130

Hopefully JUS will sell more than JSS did. I'm looking forward to see how well Love & Berry will do in its second week as well :D

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Japan charts seem destined to be owned by Nintendo consoles games for months to come, with the Wii about to fit in the DS holes. Wii lineup is just made for Japanese people.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Could we possibly go through the entire 2006 holiday shopping season in Japan and only see one week (during its launch) where PS3 game sales entered the top 10 charts?

Barf_the_Mog said:
Could we possibly go through the entire 2006 holiday shopping season in Japan and only see one week (during its launch) where PS3 game sales entered the top 10 charts?

In Japan yeah... Sony will do better in the Blu-Ray charts though
wait... they need to produce hardware to have an impact on Blu-Ray :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Barf_the_Mog said:

yes, them 2 mahjong games +motorstorm will probably not enter the top10 ...:lol

Ngeist

PocketMidget said:
on a side note...why hasn't Nintendo bought Sega, and how much do you think it would cost to buy them?

It would be a better idea to buy someone else... A talented Western developper.

jarrod

Banned
PocketMidget said:
on a side note...why hasn't Nintendo bought Sega, and how much do you think it would cost to buy them?
Too much outstanding debt (pre-Sammy merger), but Nintendo looked into it at one point. So did Microsoft. Now though, SEGA isn't really in a position to be bought out (they already were!).

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
I remember the myriad of rumors in 2001 discussing the possibility of Nintendo buying Sega. Though my love for Sega will never die, I have to admit that they are not worth it for Nintendo. They have not released a mega hit since the Genesis, and they haven't continued their legacy of explosive creativity seen during the Dreamcast days. The company needs to re-organize once again, limit their game production so they can focus more time and energy on games that are worthy, and re-invent or retire Sonic the Hedgehog.

donny2112

Jonnyram said:
Sinobi is saying 400k for Love & Berry

:lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol

That's awesome. :D The game looks like it would be great for girls, if you already had the cards from the arcade version.

So now the "exception" DS third-party list is Tamagotchi, Tamagotchi 2, FFIII, and Love & Berry?
> 500K

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
donny2112 said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

That's awesome. :D The game looks like it would be great for girls, if you already had the cards from the arcade version.

So now the "exception" DS third-party list is Tamagotchi, Tamagotchi 2, FFIII, and Love & Berry?
> 500K
I think you forgot Dragon Quest Monsters Joker. IMO it'll sell more than 500k easily.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Rock_Man said:
11/20 - 11/26 (Famitsu)

bold = new
DS 6/10, the trend continues, DS am done for, PSP am winner total amirite?

Plus NSMB bomba total, keeps on slipping

enishi

Also from Sinobi:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10020733193.html

1. PS3 LTD just reaches 150k this week,
so that theory on PS3 sales in Japan may be true :p
The demand for 20GB pack is poor (did we hear similar things before?) Seems that PS3 "pushes" sales of Xbox360 in Japan...

2. New color of PS2 and PSP did help their sales numbers very little. He blames that the lack of momentum is due to releasing a "girly color" without a "girly" software (e.g. Love and Berry for PSP?)

enishi said:
2. New color of PS2 and PSP did help their sales numbers very little. He blames that the lack of momentum is due to releasing a "girly color" without a "girly" software (e.g. Love and Berry for PSP?)

That's really weird of Sony, come to think about it.

donny2112

starship said:
I think you forgot Dragon Quest Monsters Joker. IMO it'll sell more than 500k easily.

Love & Berry will pass 500K with next week's numbers. DQM:J hasn't even been released, yet.
1 million

apujanata

enishi said:

IIRC, DSL Pink was released with Cooking Mama. Can we consider Cooking Mama as "girly" software, instead of the more accurate (IMO) "motherly" software ?

donny2112

apujanata said:
IIRC, DSL Pink was released with Cooking Mama. Can we consider Cooking Mama as "girly" software, instead of the more accurate (IMO) "motherly" software ?

Cooking Navi! (the recipe non-game that I want in the U.S.), not Cooking Mama.

enishi

apujanata said:

Not Cooking mama, it is the Cooking Navi software from Nintendo (digital cook book). Its LTD is around 580k now.

Edit: Beaten...

Joe Molotov

DefectiveReject said:
so the last few weeks have seen the top ten reduce from 9>8>7 and now to 6 DS games!!

Momentum LOST!!

Yeah, but just look. It's got a PSP game and an Xbox 360 in the Top 10. Obviously the numbers are bogus.

donny2112

DefectiveReject said:
so the last few weeks have seen the top ten reduce from 9>8>7 and now to 6 DS games!!

Momentum LOST!!

If you're talking about Famitsu numbers, it's been 8>7>7 with 6 this week. Media-Create for the same timeframe (not counting this week, yet) is 9>8>7.

donny2112 said:
If you're talking about Famitsu numbers, it's been 8>7>7 with 6 this week. Media-Create for the same timeframe (not counting this week, yet) is 9>8>7.

it were sarcasm
We all know DS owns
Its just a blip, DS got tired and couldn't hold the top ten on its own anymore.
Its awaiting Saturdays Behemoth release to help it out!

kooji said:
How would that be sad? :lol

BD should and I hope will sell better than DoAX2 but I doubt it will.

well.. because i don't like BD ( or any japan-rpg ) but i like (a lot) DoaX2 :)

btw, BD will outsell at least 4:1 doax2

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
That's actually a pretty shitty (relatively speaking) first week for Jump Superstars. The original had like 300k or more in its first week didn't it?

And looks like it's all over for NSMBomba. :(

Top Bottom