• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 13 - 19 Nov

CoolTrick

Banned
And looks like it's all over for NSMBomba. :(

Which is why I thought it was stupid to go on and on about how it'll sell 5947043034 million back when it was first rocketing up the charts.

It will eventually get to 4 million. It'll just take a hell of a long time to do it.

Sinobi reported that DoAX2 sold 30k on first day sales, so probably it will be around 45-50k for the week, this means nSMB is around 30k, as it did in latest weeks.
i don't see a nSMB drop... and i'm sure sales will raise during December

ethelred

Stopsign said:
He/She only cares about Jeane D` Arc sales, and yeah, that didn't all that well.

Jeanne d'Arc isn't the only new game... nor is it the only new game that got incredibly weak sales.

How about Lunar Knights / Boktai DS, which completely bombed? That's disappointing -- it will have a hard time approaching its GBA totals (when many series that transitioned from GBA to DS are meeting their previous totals or reversing downward series trends).

Both of these two games should have performed better.

Busaiku

Kirby still hanging strong it seems.
So it probably did over 50k this week, I assume?
How well did Canvas Curse do?

cvxfreak

Oblivion said:
That's actually a pretty shitty (relatively speaking) first week for Jump Superstars. The original had like 300k or more in its first week didn't it?

And looks like it's all over for NSMBomba. :(

200K.

castle007

Banned
Oblivion said:
Seriously? I thought it broke like 200k in pre-orders alone. What's the total sales?

yeah, for some reason, a lot of the people who preordered the game didn't pick it up during the first week

KINGMOKU

Martoo said:

So is it confirmed that the PS3 isnt selling out?
Well, according to Kotak-u, Sony sold half of what they expected, thus the reason for no numbers, or some bullshit.

As for Japan, unless Sony only shipped 40k units for last week, no, it wasnt a sell-out.

CoolTrick said:
Which is why I thought it was stupid to go on and on about how it'll sell 5947043034 million back when it was first rocketing up the charts.

It will eventually get to 4 million. It'll just take a hell of a long time to do it.

I have a feeling you went a little further than merely saying it wouldn't hit 4 million anytime soon.

Stopsign said:
He/She only cares about Jeane D` Arc sales, and yeah, that didn't all that well.
You know what I care about and you don't know if I'm a he or a she? :lol

Jeanne, DOA, Lunar, JSS2 (original >500k ltd) and even Love & Berry (first shipment 800k). Read again I say weak, not bomb.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Oblivion said:
Seriously? I thought it broke like 200k in pre-orders alone. What's the total sales?

A bit over 500k from the last time I saw it on the charts.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
You know what I care about and you don't know if I'm a he or a she? :lol

Jeanne, DOA, Lunar, JSS2 (original >500k ltd) and even Love & Berry (first shipment 800k). Read again I say weak, not bomb.

In general you have a pretty distinct taste in games. Mostly JRPG's or other related Japanese games.

Sorry about the He/She. I was about to put down he, and realized it would have been a bad thing if you were a She. :lol

The only sure thing is that Sony HAS to increase PS3's production if they wanna not have an horrible Christmas. And the other sure thing is that Wii or not, the DS will be the winner of the Holiday's Season.

apujanata

Well, if you manage to sell 50% of your first shipment in day one, I usually categorize them as average / standard, not weak.

jarrod

Banned
ethelred said:
How about Lunar Knights / Boktai DS, which completely bombed? That's disappointing -- it will have a hard time approaching its GBA totals (when many series that transitioned from GBA to DS are meeting their previous totals or reversing downward series trends).
Er, the GBA Boktais all bombed too after the first one... not even a Rockman.EXE cameo could save the series. :lol

ethelred

jarrod said:
Er, the GBA Boktais all bombed too after the first one... not even a Rockman.EXE cameo could save the series. :lol

Not really. Boktai 2 sold 93k, Boktai 3 sold 85k. Not exactly lighting up the sales charts, but okay performances. Boktai DS should have been able to eclipse those sales.

*continues dry coff*

*coffmushikingscoffwinningelevencofftalesoftempestcoffmegamanbattlenetwork5coff*

however, I didn't know that Boktai 1 and 2 did so well. That's really nice at about 100k a piece if you round up.

Fjolle

JoshuaJSlone said:
Considering they only had twice that for launch week, why doubt such a low shipment?

Didnt they promise that they would ship 100k each week in japan alone?

Fjolle said:
Didnt they promise that they would ship 100k each week in japan alone?
They've promised a lot of numbers that they've missed. If they couldn't get 100K for launch week, I wouldn't expect that on any other weeks soon either.

mr tibbs

Media Create Numbers

2006-11-20 / 2006-11-26

DSL 201,378
PS3 32,662
PSP 30,815
PS2 26,263
Xbox360 7,007
GBASP 1,264
GBM 1,235
GC 576
DS 212
GBA 27
Xbox 0

sorry guys, clicked on wrong media create thread. week starting 13th instead of 20th. sorry

castle007

Banned
mr tibbs said:
Media Create Numbers

2006-11-20 / 2006-11-20

DSL 201,378
PS3 32,662
PSP 30,815
PS2 26,263
Xbox360 7,007
GBASP 1,264
GBM 1,235
GC 576
DS 212
GBA 27
Xbox 0

OLD, also it would be amazing if all this happened in one day

jarrod

Banned
ethelred said:
Not really. Boktai 2 sold 93k, Boktai 3 sold 85k. Not exactly lighting up the sales charts, but okay performances. Boktai DS should have been able to eclipse those sales.
1st week? I seem to remember both with sub-30k debuts...

Top Bottom