• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/11 - 6/17

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hey kids don't be surprised if smegmabump and trustybump aren't nearly as big as you're thinking...a predicted 100% increase is a bit too generous.

SonSon2 said:
Japan is alllllllll about the training for the top ten this week....the question is, what is Japan collectively training for?

london2012.gif

PantherLotus said:
Hey kids don't be surprised if smegmabump and trustybump aren't nearly as big as you're thinking...a predicted 100% increase is a bit too generous.

That's Sigmabump to you.

cvxfreak

ComputerNerd said:
To take over... the WORLD.

Yeah, 60 years ago they didn't have eye training, so they couldn't see the enemy all that well. How else could Japan fail to take over the world?

Vinnk

cvxfreak said:
STOP IMPORTING THE NON-CENSORED RE4 YOU J-GAF LOSERS

:mad:

Sorry.

But if it makes you feel any better I convinced 2 Japanese friends of mine to buy the domestic version.

Xisiqomelir

PantherLotus said:

100% is doable for the 360 at least, if Famitsu's HW is even partly accurate.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
pilonv1 said:
Is it a bigger bump than easter?

I dunno, but Nintendo was advertising getting Eye training, Brain training, and so on as fathers day gifts for the last couple of weeks.

Xavien

You can just see that Observation Training is gonna have the same legs as the Brain Training games.

Another 4 Million Seller for Nintendo? When will it end i wonder?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
It seems tomorrow Wii hardware sales will be higher than previous weeks. I think both Wii Sports and Wii Play sales increased in this week charts.

sphinx

the piano man
Jonnyram said:
:lol

DS hardware sales are never related to software. Whatever Nintendo puts out there will sell, guaranteed. This week, however, will also include the launch of the two new colours on Saturday, so should be a bit higher anyway.

I am not sure about that.

if we take a look at this graph, you'll see specific software launches helped drive higher hardware sales.

Mario, FFXII:RW, Cooking Navi, Pokemon all helped the DS sell more, didn't they?
Unless Nintendo held hardware units on purpose to match the software in those specific weeks, I think software did help hardware, specially in the cases I mentioned.

the DS lite, as of late June 2007, is no longer supply constrained, according to some gaffers in Japan. If hardware sales are high next week, I think it's safe to say it was because of colors and attractive games, not only because it is the DS lite and whatever Nintendo ships, the Japanese buy.

JPNHandhelds-11.png

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
:)

I use the same philosophy to rate my estimations. I could throw out a "15k!" one week, nearly 500% higher than what every respectable analyst would predict...and still be within 12k of actual sales.

sphinx

the piano man
Dragona Akehi said:
Really slow week...shame.

I am starting to think that there aren't slow weeks, it's just that DS software is "too fast".

I mean, it takes LONG, long weeks for the HD consoles to get premier exclusive titles like TB and NGS, yet we are labeling this a slow week.... Something is wrong somehwere...I guess this is a side effect of the DS having Japan grabbed by the balls.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
sphinx said:
I am starting to think that there aren't slow weeks, it's just that DS software is "too fast".

I mean, it takes LONG, long weeks for the HD consoles to get premier exclusive titles like TB and NGS, yet we are labeling this a slow week.... Something is wrong somehwere...I guess this is a side effect of the DS having Japan grabbed by the balls.

Go back and look at the the PS2 and its relative success. It had big games coming out all the time. Did I miss what you said?

sphinx

the piano man
PantherLotus said:
Go back and look at the the PS2 and its relative success. It had big games coming out all the time. Did I miss what you said?

Difference between PS2 and DS software may be that PS2 games were very frontloaded (my guess, I am not very sure). On the other hand DS games just keep selling healthy 15k-20- units per week, like time has absolutely no effect on them.

I am thinking that if the 10-15 DS games that refuse to leave the top 30 stopped selling, we would have far more interesting MC top 50 lists, with more games from other platforms. That's what I mean with " DS games are too fast ".

Oh, well, I had read in the very anecdotal Vinnk's report that the game was fairly supply constrained at this time, but it's true that it was mentioned that the restock would be effective very soon after that...So I guess it is possible that nobody bought the restock after all.

castle007

Banned
great trusty bell numbers.

It is amazing how both brain age games are still in the top 10 and I am glad that Layton is climbing up

Very very slow week.

+ DS is still top of the top. New Super Mario Bros. still in the top 10
+ Animal Crossing near the Top 10. SOOO close.
+ Good sales for Trusty Bell and Sigma, considering how poor the SW sales usually are.

- Too many training games in the Top 10.
- Japan baffles me, but I must accept, that they like games that are different from the deemed "AAA titles" by our respected publications.

But you know, I'm not too disappointed with how quickly RE and HM did on the Wii. Low sales, but I expected it. PLUS we must realize they were never too popular in Japa...

at least Resident Evil has been dwindling. Harvest Moon they just don't seem to like console versions.

Mr. Pointy said:
I really want to see the 360 outsell the PS3 this week, just to see the complete meltdown of the internet.

CROSS THE STREAMS!

I don't think it's going to happen. It may never happen, but I agree that it would definitely be comical to see.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Cheesemeister said:
Software numbers were typically posted on "eg" Wednesday nights at about 10:00 PM Eastern. However, "eg" is closing down on Friday in Japan and our source for SW numbers will either change to Gpara or be delayed 'til Thursday night HW numbers come in. I plan to rewrite the parser to work with the new source starting next week. Please watch Gpara and note when it posts SW numbers. Thanks.
Hardware numbers are typically posted Thursday nights at about 9:20 PM Eastern.
Gpara would usually post the rounded numbers just before eg posted the non-rounded numbers if that's any help.

Jonnyram

sphinx said:
the DS lite, as of late June 2007, is no longer supply constrained, according to some gaffers in Japan. If hardware sales are high next week, I think it's safe to say it was because of colors and attractive games, not only because it is the DS lite and whatever Nintendo ships, the Japanese buy.
You're mistaken.

laserbeam

Banned
Gahiggidy said:
Booooo...
Who is that?

She was in the Resident Evil 4 Wii edition trailer in japan. shes the "presidents daughter" kinda. they have the BF playing the game then the games characters come and kidnap her and its total cheese

Fuzzy said:
How about we let some J-GAFer chime in on this instead.

So MC threads are FAP threads now? Some people check this shit at work.

Why is the word s*** allowed uncensored on GAF? What's the point? Clean up your language por favor, I like reading topics in peace

Vinnk

Stormbringer said:
Oh, well, I had read in the very anecdotal Vinnk's report that the game was fairly supply constrained at this time, but it's true that it was mentioned that the restock would be effective very soon after that...So I guess it is possible that nobody bought the restock after all.

Perhaps I need to have someone read over my posts before I put them up, because that is not the message I was trying to convey at all. Biohazard 4 is not now and has never been supply constrained. I mentioned in my report that a few dedicated gaming stores had sold out, but that it was easily available at any department store. I also mentioned that I didn't know what the original shipment was.

Thus, selling out might have been that a store sold all 3 of their copies.

If my message came out differently than that, I apologize for the confusion.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
LanceStern said:
Why is the word s*** allowed uncensored on GAF? What's the point? Clean up your language por favor, I like reading topics in peace
I really hate you sometimes you bar steward.

sphinx said:
Mario, FFXII:RW, Cooking Navi, Pokemon all helped the DS sell more, didn't they?
Unless Nintendo held hardware units on purpose to match the software in those specific weeks, I think software did help hardware, specially in the cases I mentioned.
Is there any reason at all to believe there weren't extra large hardware shipments to go along with extra large games? You reference an image with a big "DS Shortages" patch shown. If there were truly shortages, there wouldn't be an extra hundred thousand sitting around to allow for such bumps.
LanceStern said:
Now I've got some mental image of you reading threads with a hot drink, until you run across foul language and jump in shock, spilling tea onto yourself.

Top Bottom