• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 8/13 - 8/19

RBH

gimz said:
Wow at MP8

and NICE LEG Donkey Kong!! GO GO GO!!

picard.jpg

castle007

Banned
MP8 keeps on selling!!! :O
NSMB will reach 5 million by the end of the year. And I am still hoping that Zelda will become a million seller.

BTW, what are the WW sales for NSMB?? 8 million?

Haunted

Thanks cvx!

oh man, Mario Party remaining steady, in part due do Obon, no doubt. Still, very impressive. PH reaching the million would be really great news. Could take a while, though.

PantherLotus said:
of all the pictures of legs on the internet, you chose THAT one.
srsly.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Had to do some digging but I found this little number:

legs.jpg
oh. oh, my. thread officially saved.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
damn at MP8. staying power in the high hundred-ks?

how often do games stay at or near 40% of their initial sales three weeks later? ridiculous

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Could we have a illustrated Zelda chart please? Since PH outsold WW, a new one would be great.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
scola said:
damn at MP8. staying power in the high hundred-ks?

how often do games stay at or near 40% of their initial sales three weeks later? ridiculous

It's surely too early to say this..but perhaps MP8 is going to be a consistent weekly seller ala Wii Sports?

Someone should update the Mario graph this with all the Mario's - and make one for Zelda with all the Zelda's. Whoever invented that, it would be cool.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
How come MP8 is highly demanded worldwide? What attracted the consumers to buy this specific game?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Saitou said:
Sharp knees, amirite?

Gawd, there's no pleasing 4chan GAF sometimes, eh?

you probably have different standards where you're from. In our country, we don't dress up our dogs in Prom Dresses.

schuelma

Vic said:
How come MP8 is highly demanded worldwide? What attracted the consumers to buy this specific game?

Fun party game, uses the Wiimote. Mario Party has always sold pretty well anyways..I don't think its that shocking (though a bit surprising).

Jammy

Banned
Kind of makes you wonder how Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Fit will sell...

I mean, both of these will be hyped quite a lot, both have a broad userbase that they appeal to, and both are riding off of huge, huge successes in their respective franchises (Wii Play, Sports and New Super Mario Bros., Mario Party 8, etc.).

And the Wii userbase will only be bigger by the time these release.

donny2112

scola said:

Brain Training. ;) It didn't fall below 40% of its initial week sales for at least the rest of the time it was on the Top 10 for Media-Create after launch (~1.5 years).

schuelma

Jammy said:
Kind of makes you wonder how Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Fit will sell...

I mean, both of these will be hyped quite a lot, both have a broad userbase that they appeal to, and both are riding off of huge, huge successes in their respective franchises (Wii Play, Sports and New Super Mario Bros., Mario Party 8, etc.).

And the Wii userbase will only be bigger by the time these release.

Yeah they're gonna be huge.

I'm sure Smash will be as well.

Nintendo better have the stock

donny2112

Syth_Blade22 said:
oh good lord. mario party went UP.

when will it outsell the ps3? lols.

At last week's rate for hardware and this week's rate for Mario Party 8, Mario Party 8 should outsell the PS3 in 6 weeks, the week of Sept 24-30.

Tideas

Banned
*laughs at the lack of 3rd party sales for the Wii*

Nintendominate again. BUt...MP8? Why? WHY??!?!?!

Why would such a boring and rehashed game sell...so much :(

apujanata

donny2112 said:
Brain Training. ;) It didn't fall below 40% of its initial week sales for at least the rest of the time it was on the Top 10 for Media-Create after launch (~1.5 years).

don't forget New Super Mario Bros, which might be as impressive as Brain Age (Brain Training), because of it's monster first week, but still got impressive 23% of first week sales, and the 23% is 200K, which is way bigger than Brain Training's absolute figure.
Week 1 : 865K
Week 2 : 315K
Week 3 : 242K
Week 4 : 200K

donny2112 said:
At last week's rate for hardware and this week's rate for Mario Party 8, Mario Party 8 should outsell the PS3 in 6 weeks, the week of Sept 24-30.
We need Joshua's analysis for : If PS3 stop selling, MP8 will catch up in dd mm yy.

Busaiku

I was wondering, how were DS games doing at this point in time (10 months in?) in comparison to Wii? Did it have more games charting or not?

Defuser

Tideas said:

Nintendominate again. BUt...MP8? Why? WHY??!?!?!

Why would such a boring and rehashed game sell...so much :(
Repeat after me:

Ignorant casuals and non gamers Ignorant casuals and non gamers Ignorant casuals and non gamers Ignorant casuals and non gamers Ignorant casuals and non gamers Ignorant casuals and non gamers Ignorant casuals and non gamers Ignorant casuals and non gamers Ignorant casuals and non gamers.

I really don't get the hate for Mario Party games: they're amazing multiplayer titles, and are great for n00bs and nerds alike. The only caveat I have is that I'd never buy all of them: I only have Mario Party 6, and will probably pass on the next few Mario Parties until something "big" happens (or my mates and I get completely sick of the boards in 6).

ethelred

Tideas said:

Don't forget while you're choking on your laughter that a third party Wii game has outsold every single PS3 game in Japan. So be sure to also get a hearty chuckle at the lack of any sales, third party or otherwise, for the PS3.

schuelma

ethelred said:
Don't forget while you're choking on your laughter that a third party Wii game has outsold every single PS3 game in Japan. So be sure to also get a hearty chuckle at the lack of any sales, third party or otherwise, for the PS3.

Yeah I was going to respond but there really isn't any need after this.

Tristam

ethelred said:

10/10.

Dragona Akehi said:
I really don't get the hate for Mario Party games: they're amazing multiplayer titles, and are great for n00bs and nerds alike. The only caveat I have is that I'd never buy all of them: I only have Mario Party 6, and will probably pass on the next few Mario Parties until something "big" happens (or my mates and I get completely sick of the boards in 6).

Ah but Mario Party 8 doesn't compare to WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

Vic said:
Mario Party has always been a successful series, but this time it's not on the distant 2nd/3rd system.
Tideas said:
Well, there are more Wii 3rd party games on the top 30 than there are total games for PS3 or PSP.

Haunted

ethelred said:
<3

Tristam said:
Ah but Mario Party 8 doesn't compare to WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

Never said it did: Mario Party is a board game. WarioWare isn't. :p

I haven't even played 8 at all, I'm just saying there's no need to hate on the series: it's really good at what it does.

RBH

ethelred said:

Top Bottom