• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 8/6 - 8/12

santouras

Dark Ninja said:
Go Zelda!

Wow at Wii Sports
maybe they should of sold it seperately here in America too
I dont think wii would have been as successful as it is if WiiSports wasn't packed in. The fact that you have everything you need in one box is a very big drawcard

Jiggy

Fuzzy said:
Wii owners in Japan never owned a gaming console before so this is the first time they have bought a Mario Party game.
That's kind of what I was thinking, except stepped up a bit... Probably even a good number of Wii buyers who have owned gaming consoles didn't own the failed N64 and GC, specifically. So yeah, Mario Party might be fairly "new" to a big chunk of gamers.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
santouras said:
I dont think wii would have been as successful as it is if WiiSports wasn't packed in. The fact that you have everything you need in one box is a very big drawcard

This is good analarsis

santouras said:
Yeah your right but I think it would be Awesome to see Wii Sports in the american charts just to see it go against other games and the reactions :D

FF XII fared pretty poorly in Japan (both critically and, as I understand, commercially), so the FF XII International's mediocre performance isn't too much of a surprise to me...

plus, FF sales are down more or less across the board, aren't they?

tanod said:
X-2 is not an international version.

He's talking about FF X-2 International...

(unless you're arguing that FF X-2 International doesn't count as an "international version" release because it also included the Last Mission game ... in which case, OK, I guess so, but it's close enough IMO )

cvxfreak said:
I'm sure an ordinary FF fan begins to lose track after awhile. There's been an FF game almost every month this year.

Does anyone else fear that SE is tarnishing the FF image? I used to be a knob-slobbering FF fan, but the expansion of the series has put me off as of late.

RiskyChris said:
Does anyone else fear that SE is tarnishing the FF image? I used to be a knob-slobbering FF fan, but the expansion of the series has put me off as of late.

I bought all their FF stuff on PS1, stuck to X and 12 on PS2 (and only cuz 12 was on sale), and don't give a fuck about any of it on PSP, PS3, or GBA. Got FF3 on DS though, that was essentially a new game.

tanod

when is my burrito
Dark Ninja said:
what is FFXII IZ
a expansion, remake, special edition, new game?

Special edition that includes some gameplay tweaks (kind of like MGS3: Subsistence).

cvxfreak

RiskyChris said:

I think so. FF used to be a waiting game. You waited months and years for the next installment. But ever since FFIV Advance was out in Dec. 2005, there's been so many FF games every few months. Off the top of my head:

FFIV Adv. - 12/2005
DoC FFVII - 1/2006
FFXII - 3/2006
FFXI 360 - 4/2006
FFIII DS - 8/2006
FFV Adv. - 10/2006
FFVI Adv. - 11/2006
FFXII RW - 4/2007
FFI PSP - 4/2007
FFT PSP - 5/2007
FFII PSP - 6/2007
FFXII IJZS - 8/2007
FFCC DS - 8/2007

FFVII PSP - 9/2007
FFTA2 - 10/2007
FFIV DS - 11 or 12/2007
Dissidia - 11 or 12/2007

And I swear I'm forgetting something there.

Avrum

09.DS The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo) 27,000 / 724,000

I continue to say "wow."

Great stuff for MP8, WiiSports and Minna as well.

Also, didn't notice the opening for DK's numbers before, pretty nice there as well.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
A few of those could have been separate games themselves but S-E is just slapping on the FF name to ensure sales.

tanod said:
Special edition that includes some gameplay tweaks (kind of like MGS3: Subsistence).
O ok thanks
wow those sales aren't that great for a final fantasy game
maybe its just the fact that its a special edition

I'm predicting MKDS = 3 million, New SMB = 6 million, ACWW = 4.5 million (absolute minimum), Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/the inevitable third version = 7.5 million, and Brain Age 2 = 5.5 million.

>_>

Greenpanda said:
FF XII fared pretty poorly in Japan (both critically and, as I understand, commercially), so the FF XII International's mediocre performance isn't too much of a surprise to me...

40/40 is considered bad now? or do the japanese gamers don't trust famitsu too?

sphinx

the piano man
A Link to the Snitch said:
I'm predicting MKDS = 3 million

didn't know the japanese were huge fans of Mortal Kombat. Wait till Ed boon hears about your prediction! he'll be very happy.

tanod

when is my burrito
Greenpanda said:

nothing in this post is correct

mutsu

sphinx said:
didn't know the japanese were huge fans of Mortal Kombat. Wait till Ed boon hears about your prediction! he'll be very happy.

I think he is talking about Mario Kart DS.
or are you being sarcastic?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
cvxfreak said:
Media Create is now combining Pokemans?

I thought that was weird too. What's weirder is that they are number 28 while combined. Last week Diamond and Pearl were 24 and 28 respectively. So i'm going to guess that it's actually Diamond that's 28 and Pearl is between 31 and 35. Assuming this is really media create.

Greenpanda said:

Comparing original release to original release, XII did about the same as X, and more than X-2, it's just this rerelease that's weaker than their rereleases. Of course, between X and X International PS2 didn't get much weaker across the board as is the case in the last year and a half. And X International didn't have so many other FF games to compete with.

..pakbeka.. said:
40/40 is considered bad now? or do the japanese gamers don't trust famitsu too?

sorry, I probably should have said "popularly" -- FF XII did get good reviews from the critics in Japan obviously but my impression is that unlike in the States its popular / fan reception was not so good

e.g. it has a measly 3-star rating on Amazon.jp:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000EOVS08/
FF X has a 4-star:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000A41FNC/
FF IX 4.5 stars:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00005OVXF/
etc.

edit: Whoops, thanks JoshuaJSlone -- I didn't realize the FF X / XII gap was quite that small! I thought FF X was ahead by a wider margin. FF XII may have slowly caught up :) (although FF XII had the advantage of selling to a much larger install base, so it still seems somewhat underperforming to me)

Sagitario

09.DS The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo) 27,000 / 724,000

Stylus Link is here to stay! Go Zelda!
zelda_ph.gif

AdmiralViscen said:
I bought all their FF stuff on PS1, stuck to X and 12 on PS2 (and only cuz 12 was on sale), and don't give a fuck about any of it on PSP, PS3, or GBA. Got FF3 on DS though, that was essentially a new game.

Pretty much exactly the same here. I can't be bothered by the side-games in the series and it kinda jumped the shark for me when x-2/FFXI came out. I enjoyed FFXII until I ruined the game because I had grinded too heavily too early.

Though, FFIVds and FFXIII will probably be purchased day 1 for me. FFXIII versus...eh...probably not.

The series really feels beaten to death.

joshuajsloan said:
Comparing original release to original release, XII did about the same as X, and more than X-2, it's just this rerelease that's weaker than their rereleases. Of course, between X and X International PS2 didn't get much weaker across the board as is the case in the last year and a half. And X International didn't have so many other FF games to compete with.

But the install base was much higher when XII released. I don't know the NA figures, but XII really feels like a disappointment. It's already had a lower price around here for a few months.

Greenpanda said:
edit: Whoops, thanks JoshuaJSlone -- I didn't realize the FF X / XII gap was quite that small! I thought FF X was ahead by a wider margin. FF XII may have slowly caught up :) (although FF XII had the advantage of selling to a much larger install base, so it still seems somewhat underperforming to me)
Yeah, when someone created the graphical FF comparison chart, the FFX spot combined the various editions of X, so I had the same impression you did for a long time.
Forgotten Ancient said:
But the install base was much higher when XII released. I don't know the NA figures, but XII really feels like a disappointment.
Yeah, true enough. Though it's not like FF VII did worse than VIII or IX, either.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Yeah, true enough. Though it's not like FF VII did worse than VIII or IX, either.

Exactly. FFVII was one of those rare "event" games. But even that didn't sell as well as FFVIII did until the international version released, if my memory serves me.

I may just be jaded on FFXII, but it seems like a disappointment on many levels. Part of that probably had to do with getting shadowed by the next-gen hysteria though.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Greenpanda said:
sorry, I probably should have said "popularly" -- FF XII did get good reviews from the critics in Japan obviously but my impression is that unlike in the States its popular / fan reception was not so good
Yeah, even though it did well it wasn't popular with the fans.

They gave FFXII a D while they gave FFX an A.

Top Bottom