• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Dec 6-13, 2009

EDarkness said:
I just spent a little while running around shopping and checking various game places around town. Man, Yokohama Yodobashi Camera was packed. The number of people in there was insane and it was around 4:30p or so. Gotta admit, I think the big winners are gonna be NSMBW and FFXIII. Tons of copies being bought, but in the time I was there, they sold a crapton of Wii's with everything from the new drum game (Taiko 2 - I think), Graces, and of course Mario. Checked out a few other places and they weren't as busy, but FFXIII seemed to be doing well, but each place had a ton of copies. Sadly, there are already used copies out and about and when I went to one place a guy was already trading it in. Damn, no idea how these guys blow through games that fast. Thing is the used copy is just a few yen less than a brand new game!

Gooooooo Graces! :D Also, selling back FF XIII copies now is pretty ridiculous...Japan is crazy.

*Hugs all his games because I never sell them back*

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
If some stores are giving you almost full credit for the game, I would consider it. It is not like with the cartridge or card games where the saving information is held in the media, so you can always buy it back once it back in a year or two once the price is much lower without losing your data.

Brofist

EDarkness said:
Near my house is a Shita and another big game shop that sells games and comic books. Both stores had used copies in. I'll see if I can get some photos tomorrow after work just in case people have any doubts. One guy was trading in a copy when I walked upstairs to the used game section at Shita and I figured I'd see if one was on the shelf and there it was along with a few copies of Modern Warfare 2 for the PS3.
I did see a few odd used copies myself, but when I meant used copies I guess I meant in the type of numbers that would cause a shift in the number of new game sales. That probably won't happen until it's 3rd week.

Also any reason that 13 hour number is still being thrown around for the length of game? That should have been squashed quickly.

Dalthien

The dominant topic of conversation (much of it warranted, no doubt) in these MC threads all year long has been about the abysmal and catastrophic year that the Wii has had.

Has anyone stopped to notice that 2009 is about to finish with the PSP suffering an even greater year-over-year decline than the Wii for the entire year?

Comparing full-year 2009 vs. 2008, the PSP will suffer a greater percentage drop year-over-year, as well as a greater absolute unit drop year-over-year than the Wii. This is the PSP which is all but dead in the western markets, and is having an even greater downturn than the Wii in Japan - the only market where it is still a viable competitor.

I just always find it interesting that this board can go on week after week after week berating the performance of the Wii (again, rightly so in many cases), and yet the PSP has barely a word mentioned about it, even though it has suffered an even more dramatic downturn in 2009.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Through the first fifty weeks of the year, overall sales are down. However, the systems can be split into camps of 3 up and 3 down. Here's how the year-to-date year-over-year percents stand as of now.

Wii: -40.1%
DS family: +3.9%
PS2: -55.9%
PS3: +58.2%
PSP family: -40.0%
X360:+20.8%

Last year:

This year:

Rolf NB

charlequin said:
Yes, this is a good point: gaming is certainly a field where large companies strenuously avoid short-term strategies which will have negative long-term consequences.
Not sure if sarcasm. Help.

gerg

bcn-ron said:
Not sure if sarcasm. Help.

Sarcasm. Almost definately.

And now that we're on the topic of charlequin, I'd just like to say that I miss the foreign Taco Bell sign; bring it back, charlequin!

kswiston

Dalthien said:
I just always find it interesting that this board can go on week after week after week berating the performance of the Wii (again, rightly so in many cases), and yet the PSP has barely a word mentioned about it, even though it has suffered an even more dramatic downturn in 2009.

It's worth remembering that the PSP is five years old, not three like the Wii. Not every system is the DS, which will apparently stop selling when everyone in Japan has two.

C.T.

Bel Marduk said:
Gooooooo Graces! :D Also, selling back FF XIII copies now is pretty ridiculous...Japan is crazy.

*Hugs all his games because I never sell them back*

Well a huge part is the retail price here. Even though its FF, it's just too expensive. The game costs 9020 (?) Yen but a lot of stores sell it for under 9000. (thats nearly 100 dollar!!!) The cheapist is about 8000 or slightly under. And like said before, a mint used copy nearly sells for the same price as a new one so the incentive to complete it fast and resell it is huge.

mujun

C.T. said:
Well a huge part is the retail price here. Even though its FF, it's just too expensive. The game costs 9020 (?) Yen but a lot of stores sell it for under 9000. (thats nearly 100 dollar!!!) The cheapist is about 8000 or slightly under. And like said before, a mint used copy nearly sells for the same price as a new one so the incentive to complete it fast and resell it is huge.

Retail is 9240 yen.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Dalthien said:

Yup. Its somewhat mitigated by the PSP having healthy 3rd party performance, which seems to be a metric that this thread is very interested in.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
Yup. Its somewhat mitigated by the PSP having healthy 3rd party performance, which seems to be a metric that this thread is very interested in.
I think it's also because the PSP is such an atrocious failure everywhere on Earth except Japan that even when its performance crashes, people still see don't see it as being that bad.

I'd be willing to bet that the PSP could be selling half of what it's selling right now and a lot of people still wouldn't bat an eye, just because they're so used to seeing the PSP do badly.

Now with the Wii, on a global scale everyone is used to seeing it do chart topping performance, with the DS sometimes beating it being the only exception. So whenever it does less than ideally, it starts sticking out like a sore thumb.

Spiegel

Dalthien said:
The dominant topic of conversation (much of it warranted, no doubt) in these MC threads all year long has been about the abysmal and catastrophic year that the Wii has had.

Has anyone stopped to notice that 2009 is about to finish with the PSP suffering an even greater year-over-year decline than the Wii for the entire year?

Comparing full-year 2009 vs. 2008, the PSP will suffer a greater percentage drop year-over-year, as well as a greater absolute unit drop year-over-year than the Wii. This is the PSP which is all but dead in the western markets, and is having an even greater downturn than the Wii in Japan - the only market where it is still a viable competitor.

Main difference is that the biggest psp game released this year will be MHP2G best version (released in October '08).
There hasn't been any big launch so everyone was expecting the hardware to drop.

On the other hand, Wii will have 4 million sellers released this year: Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit +, New Super Mario Bros and Monster Hunter Tri.

And you'll say: But there have been tons of games released for the psp this year.

Yeah, I was checking garaph and there are 91 psp games launched in 2009.
Now, take a closer look and count how many of them are ports or re-releases.
http://garaph.info/gamesearch.php?t...d1=&sltd2=&gameid=&orderby=&res1=&res2=&opt=1

I've counted more than 40 ports/re-releases. That's ridiculous.

Another explanation:

We don't really care about the drop because third parties don't seem to care. Next year should be the biggest one in terms of quality, number and size of releases.

I enter on M-C threads to see how badly/greatly games and hardware are doing and their consequences. Third parties are doing fine on psp so I shouldn't be worried about anything. Unless hardware stops selling and third parties have one bomb after another.

schuelma said:
Can't tell if serious....

How long ago was it that we were deciding that the PSP's poor software performance was due to piracy?

schuelma

bmf said:

How long ago was it that we were deciding that the PSP's poor software performance was due to piracy?

I'm serious- in Japan PSP 3rd party sales are relatively healthy.

obonicus

bmf said:

Specifically relating to Japan. I can't recall a 'piracy on the PSP in Japan' topic of discussion.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
In Japan? I dunno. Not recently?

PSP's rise and fall seem entirely predicated on the existence of a Monster Hunter, so let's see if there's a Monster Hunter next year and sales rise accordingly :lol

PSP, when all is said and done, is utterly baffling in every region...maybe less so in Japan, where it gets more regular support. How could you have such a wacked up console? So weird.

schuelma

Spiegel said:
Main difference is that the biggest psp game released this year will be MHP2G best version (released in October '08).
There hasn't been any big launch so everyone was expecting the hardware to drop.

On the other hand, Wii will have 4 million sellers released this year: Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit +, New Super Mario Bros and Monster Hunter Tri.

Ok, but one of the biggest criticism's we have for Nintendo is for how poorly they managed the lineup the first half of the year. Shouldn't Sony take some criticism for a budget release being the PSP's highest selling software by far?

obonicus said:
Specifically relating to Japan. I can't recall a 'piracy on the PSP in Japan' topic of discussion.
I'm pretty sure it was in the last 18 months or so.

Also, what Y2Kev just said. Monster Hunter may be inextricably linked to the PSP's performance in Japan.

schuelma

Y2Kev said:
PSP's rise and fall seem entirely predicated on the existence of a Monster Hunter, so let's see if there's a Monster Hunter next year and sales rise accordingly :lol

Yup. Good thing for Sony that one franchise revitilized hardware and 3rd party development for its home market. Pretty amazing actually.

schuelma said:
Yup. Good thing for Sony that one franchise revitilized hardware and 3rd party development for its home market. Pretty amazing actually.
Maybe Nintendo was thinking it could do the same for them on the Wii..... Nintendo wants that mainstream 3rd party hit, but is baffled on how to acheive it, and is unwilling to take the scattershot approach.

obonicus

schuelma said:

Well, Sony never had a killer app of its own for the PSP. Nintendo came right out of the gate with the killer app for the Wiimote. I wasn't around here in early 2007, where there a ton of copycat minigame games for the Wii back then in Japan too?

Spiegel

schuelma said:
Ok, but one of the biggest criticism's we have for Nintendo is for how poorly they managed the lineup the first half of the year. Shouldn't Sony take some criticism for a budget release being the PSP's highest selling software by far?

Sony doesn't have big franchises. Sony's main strength is its ability to gain third party support.

I blame Sony for letting psp have a shittastic year in terms of releases (almost everything has been a port or niche) but I can't blame them now when the next months are packed and the third party support is better than ever.

schuelma

obonicus said:
Well, Sony never had a killer app of its own for the PSP. Nintendo came right out of the gate with the killer app for the Wiimote.

True..but the difference is Monster Hunter was a 3rd party franchise that lead to the creation of a healthy 3rd party environment. Obviously that never happened with the initial Wii success.

obonicus

bmf said:
I'm pretty sure it was in the last 18 months or so.

That's a pretty long time.

Also, what Y2Kev just said. Monster Hunter may be inextricably linked to the PSP's performance in Japan.

Sure, but in the meantime the PSP has been a pretty decent home for the DS castoffs.

obonicus

schuelma said:
True..but the difference is Monster Hunter was a 3rd party franchise that lead to the creation of a healthy 3rd party environment. Obviously that never happened with the initial Wii success.

Well, the Monster Hunter demographic wasn't anything special in terms of games. What sort of game would be perfectly suited to the Wii's strengths while also hitting hitting the demographic that 3rd parties typically cater to? NSMBW might fit that role, but it would have done monstrous numbers even if the Wii was nothing more than 'Gamecube 2'.

schuelma said:
I know total Wii software surpassed PSP quite some time ago, but this made me curious how third party sales compare from their individual launches.
20091219pspwiithirdsoft.png

Looks like it's year three where PSP really gets a kick. Not too surprising, with that being the year of MHP2 and Crisis Core.

Y2Kev

The lack of a "killer app" sales-wise by Sony is really through no fault of their own. Which of their major franchises is not or will not be represented on PSP? Even Wild Arms is on the PSP. Their entry in their biggest franchise is a gimped, ugly port, but it still is there and has most of what made it popular in one piece.

Like I said, I can't explain or understand what most people do with their PSPs. I figure they strap them to their arms and use them to play discus games like Tron by ejecting UMD movies.

obonicus

Y2Kev said:
The lack of a "killer app" sales-wise by Sony is really through no fault of their own. Which of their major franchises is not or will not be represented on PSP? Even Wild Arms is on the PSP. Their entry in their biggest franchise is a gimped, ugly port, but it still is there and has most of what made it popular in one piece.

Is it even a bad thing for anyone but Sony?

Like I said, I can't explain or understand what most people do with their PSPs. I figure they strap them to their arms and use them to play discus games like Tron by ejecting UMD movies.

Sony gimped that functionality. :(

Opiate

Y2Kev said:
The lack of a "killer app" sales-wise by Sony is really through no fault of their own. Which of their major franchises is not or will not be represented on PSP? Even Wild Arms is on the PSP.

Of course it is Sony's fault, you're just thinking of it wrong.The "fault" isn't that they haven't put their games on the PSP, the "fault" is that their first party franchises are weak and comparatively unappealing to the consumer. Saying "we put out 50 games!" isn't meaningful. The question is: were those games attractive and appealing to consumers?

Obviously it's possible to make hugely popular software that sways purchasers and their buying decisions. Even on the PSP: look at Monster Hunter. Sony just hasn't done that, by and large, and that is definitely their fault.

donny2112

Spiegel said:
And you'll say: But there have been tons of games released for the psp this year.

Yeah, I was checking garaph and there are 91 psp games launched in 2009.
Now, take a closer look and count how many of them are ports or re-releases.
http://garaph.info/gamesearch.php?t...d1=&sltd2=&gameid=&orderby=&res1=&res2=&opt=1

I've counted more than 40 ports/re-releases. That's ridiculous.

You know what else is ridiculous? Replace 'psp' with 'wii' in your query, and it comes back with 43 games. GameCube in its equivalent year (2004) had 26 releases, so at least, it's better than GameCube! Appropriate for the market leading console, huh? The Wii might've had a little better year, if it got 40 ports/re-releases in addition to its games this year. :p

I realize PSP support isn't all you'd hope for, but it's still miles better than Wii support in Japan from third-parties. Granted, that doesn't make PSP support "good," though.

obonicus

donny2112 said:
I realize PSP support isn't all you'd hope for, but it's still miles better than Wii support in Japan from third-parties. Granted, that doesn't make PSP support "good," though.

The Wii also had a bad year, though. And he brought up the PSP's lackluster support in response to the hypothetical argument 'the PSP had a ton of games that make up for no big games'. The Wii on the other hand didn't have a ton of games, but it did have a few big releases this year.

onken

Yep the PSP has had a shit-tastic year, though it's done so in a thoroughly uninteresting way, hence the lack of comment.

jay

Y2Kev said:

Putting out games that exist on consoles and expecting them to carry a handheld isn't Sony's fault? Most of what made the DS catch fire was new (or older ideas brought to the public in a new way). Nintendogs and Brain Training, for example.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Opiate said:
Of course it is Sony's fault, you're just thinking of it wrong.The "fault" isn't that they haven't put their games on the PSP, the "fault" is that their first party franchises are weak and comparatively unappealing to the consumer. Saying "we put out 50 games!" isn't meaningful. The question is: were those games attractive and appealing to consumers?

Obviously it's possible to make hugely popular software that sways purchasers and their buying decisions. Even on the PSP: look at Monster Hunter. Sony just hasn't done that, by and large, and that is definitely their fault.
Honestly, I think the issue is that Sony has no idea what their audience wants.

Unfortunately I have to use the North American audience to explain my position on this since almost everything Sony has released is targeted at the North American and European audiences, but I'll try to tie it back into Japan at the end. Anyway,

So far this generation, Sony has released fantastic games for every popular genre in North America, yet for some reason, they have been unable to have any of them sell more at launch than the Xbox 360 version of Army of Two, a mediocre third person shooter from March 2008, much less anywhere near the fantastic launches of much of Microsoft's and Nintendo's software. No matter how relevant Sony tries to make their games to the market, every time they fail to really capture their audience or be able to use their games to push hardware. At first the logical answer to this seemed to be that their audience was so diverse that no one game could really appeal to a large number of PS3 owners, but in reality, many third parties have been able to have fantastic launches for their products with games like Modern Warfare 2 and MGS4.

Honestly I think Sony just has no idea what to do anymore to get their games to sell better. While GoW3 and GT5 will probably both launch better than Army of Two, getting their games to launch over a million, much less over 1.5-2 million like Nintendo and Microsoft's flagship games sometimes do, seems like an almost insurmountable challenge despite having a userbase of similar or larger size than when their competitor's games launched.

I think the reason we don't see Sony trying more in Japan from a first party perspective is because they think that if they can't sell games in the relatively accepting North American market, that the odds of them selling to the seemingly less accepting Japanese markets will be almost impossible, so they just throw money at third parties and hope for the best.

While I agree that it's Sony's fault that their games don't sell (on) their hardware, I'm not sure I can condemn them for it. While they do make a few mistakes like not putting splitscreen co-op in their third/first person shooters, as a whole their mistakes don't seem like they should be limiting sales anywhere near the amount they are. And the few better successes they do have still never seem to push any hardware.

However, the completely blank lineup of Japanese targeted PSP software from Sony right now kind of sticks out like a sore thumb, and it leads me to believe that they are either getting ready for a new system, or that they decided to just leave the Japanese PSP market alone from now on and just hope it sustains itself. If their release lineup remains blank and they aren't preparing a new handheld, then I really don't understand why Sony cares so little for trying to support the PSP in the one market it is doing good in. While they don't succeed a lot in other regions, and cracking the Japanese market is likely to be harder, they should at least still be trying with a few titles.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jay said:
Putting out games that exist on consoles and expecting them to carry a handheld isn't Sony's fault? Most of what made the DS catch fire was new (or older ideas brought to the public in a new way). Nintendogs and Brain Training, for example.

Sony's done quite a few new IPs on the PSP. LocoRoco, Patapon, Badman, one offs like Diamond and the Sound of a Gunshot, Echochrome, etc. Obviously they haven't had smash hits the way Nintendo has, but it's not like Sony's PSP output has just been console ports. We can all agree that the five games/franchises I just listed are very well suited for the handheld.

Y2Kev

Opiate said:

Okay, sure. Wasn't looking at it like that, but that's true.

Dalthien

Spiegel said:

You're kind of making my point for me.

The Wii had absolutely nothing of importance released the first half of 2009. And hardware sales dropped. The exact same situation as you just mentioned for the PSP. And yet it wasn't noteworthy when it happened with the PSP, but it was the main focus of GAF conversation with the Wii.

All 4 Wii titles you listed were released the 2nd half of the year. And guess what - the 2nd half of the year has held up quite well year-over-year for the Wii. Big surprise.

The Wii sold 1,163,408 units of hardware in the 2nd half of 2008.
The Wii has thus far sold 933,154 units of hardware in the 2nd half of 2009, with two more big weeks to go. The 2nd half of 2009 will actually be stronger than the 2nd half of 2008 for the Wii. Which means that all of the Wii's year-over-year decline came from the 1st half of the year, exactly when there was no significant software released. The exact same reason that you gave for why nobody wants to talk about the fact that the PSP has fallen off even more than the Wii this year.

Which brings me back to my original point. I completely understand people having the discussion about the Wii's declines this year (although I could do without having the exact same discussion every single week for the better part of a year). The Wii is way down year-over-year (although again, it will actually finish up year-over-year for the last 26 weeks of the year), and that sort of decline is worthy of discussion.

But it always seems odd to me that it is so worthy of discussion for the Wii, and yet goes completely ignored and forgotten when the PSP goes through the exact same decline.

androvsky

Nirolak said:
However, the completely blank lineup of Japanese targeted PSP software from Sony right now kind of sticks out like a sore thumb, and it leads me to believe that they are either getting ready for a new system, or that they decided to just leave the Japanese PSP market alone from now on and just hope it sustains itself. If their release lineup remains blank and they aren't preparing a new handheld, then I really don't understand why Sony cares so little for trying to support the PSP in the one market it is doing good in. While they don't succeed a lot in other regions, and cracking the Japanese market is likely to be harder, they should at least still be trying with a few titles.

Didn't Yoshida say that he was making SCEJ develop more for the PS3 since the PSP was doing relatively okay in Japan?

Dalthien said:
But it always seems odd to me that it is so worthy of discussion for the Wii, and yet goes completely ignored and forgotten when the PSP goes through the exact same decline.
Yes. This thread has gotten amazingly surreal. The PSP is suddenly being held to the same standards and criticisms as Wii. It seems like that almost never happens. I'm not complaining or anything, but it's just weird, and antithetical to the normal GAF groupthink.

I don't think I follow where you guys are going. PSP isn't having a bad year.

· Its the #2 best selling system this year
· Its down year over year...from its best year ever. Did DS have a bad year in 2008 when it sold 4m while it sold 7m the year before?
· Its going to be the 3rd biggest year for PSP, behind 2007 and 2008.

· Why was 2007 bigger?
- PSP-2000 launch
- Monster Hunter Portable 2 & Crisis Core
- Sold 3m hardware

· Why was 2008 bigger?
- PSP-3000 launch
- Monster Hunter Portable 2 G & Dissidia
- Sold 3,5m hardware

· Why isn't 2009 like those?
- PSP-Go launch
- Best selling game for the year is the budget re-release of MHP2G released in 2008
- Best selling 2009 game on PSP is Musou Multi Raid with less than 400k sold
- Has sold >2m hardware, looking to finish at 2,2 or 2,3m

Is that really a bad year? I'd say bad year if it had PSP-4000 and Monster Hunter Portable 3 and Kingdom Hearts BBS, and still pulled this very same hardware numbers. But having none of that and a total failure in a different take of the yearly PSP revision, its done well. You can't ask it to do more. Next year, if it gets all that, then the bar for PSP won't be this 2009 numbers but 2007 and 2008 numbers, because they would be comparable years.

Btw, about SCE, they had 12 million sellers on the PS (by their own PR, not using trackers). Their best selling title this gen (PSP and PS3) is Mingol 1 PSP at 660k (adding re-releases), GT5P over 500k (adding hardware bundles and re-releases), or below 500k for any single release. I'd say they dropped the ball big time since PS.

Dalthien

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I don't think I follow where you guys are going. PSP isn't having a bad year.
I'm just asking for some consistency. If you believe that neither the Wii nor the PSP are having bad years, that's fine. I just don't understand it when one system gets treated more favourably than the other, even though they've both had similar years. They will both finish the year way down from 2008. The PSP will be ahead by a few hundred thousand units for the year, but will have suffered a bigger percentage fall, and the Wii will have sold more software for the year, despite selling less hardware for the year, and despite having a userbase 4 million units smaller.

I just want consistency. If the Wii has had a bad year, then so has the PSP. Or they have both had mediocre years. Or they have both had good years. Whatever you believe. But this whole year on GAF has been about slamming the Wii's performance this year, with barely a negative word spoken about the PSP's performance. Even though the actual performance of both systems has been quite similar.

Dalthien said:
I'm just asking for some consistency. If you believe that neither the Wii nor the PSP are having bad years, that's fine. I just don't understand it when one system gets treated more favourably than the other, even though they've both had similar years. They will both finish the year way down from 2008. The PSP will be ahead by a few hundred thousand units for the year, but will have suffered a bigger percentage fall, and the Wii will have sold more software for the year.

I just want consistency. If the Wii has had a bad year, then so has the PSP. Or they have both had mediocre years. Or they have both had good years. Whatever you believe. But this whole year on GAF has been about slamming the Wii's performance this year, with barely a negative word spoken about the PSP's performance. Even though the actual performance of both systems has been quite similar.
So the YOY figure is what determines how good a system did? Then its the PS2 which had a bad year!

There's more than a YOY figure to measure a system. I wonder what you think about NPD then, Wii and PS3 YOY figures would be interesting in your eyes.

Dalthien

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
So the YOY figure is what determines how good a system did? Then its the PS2 which had a bad year!

There's more than a YOY figure to measure a system. I wonder what you think about NPD then, Wii and PS3 YOY figures would be interesting in your eyes.
What? Please don't start making up bullshit arguments.

If two systems were in similar places the prior year, and trended in the same direction the following year, then yeah - I think it probably makes it likely that they had a similar performance.

The Wii and PS3 were in vastly different places in the US last year, so comparing their YOY would be absolutely meaningless. You are smart enough to know that. We can have a civil discussion without resorting to make-believe arguments.

cvxfreak

FFXIII bundle now sold out everywhere as far as I'm concerned.

If there were 200K bundles, then I'd expect PS3 sales to exceed 400K this week.

I think the PS3 will indeed come out on top over the Wii this week based on my observations. I think FFXIII's momentum, by comparison, isn't anywhere near that of NSMB.

ksamedi

cvxfreak said:

Funny thing is, I've been asking if that was possible for a couple of weeks ago and people said that it was impossible. Would be a good laugh if it did turn out to be true :lol

cvxfreak

ksamedi said:
Funny thing is, I've been asking if that was possible for a couple of weeks ago and people said that it was impossible. Would be a good laugh if it did turn out to be true :lol

The funny thing is that I actually have no prior recollection how such high PS3 sales are achieved. I was in Shanghai when the PS3 Slim launched, so I didn't get to see for myself just how the thing moved during launch. Even with that, this week should clearly be larger than that one, but by how much is difficult for me to say.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
cvxfreak said:

I think the PS3 will indeed come out on top over the Wii this week based on my observations. I think FFXIII's momentum, by comparison, isn't anywhere near that of NSMB.
I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this in case it comes true.

This would literally be a 10% increase in the PS3's userbase in a single week, three years into its life.

This strikes me as something truly astounding. Has anything like it ever happened before?

Top Bottom