• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2013 (Aug 19 - Aug 25)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Unless it's Sony the one who buys Atlus, I can't see any other buyer against the idea of supporting Nintendo platform(s), especially since Atlus titles sell well on Nintendo hardware (3DS, at least).

The only way I'd see it ending that way is if someone buys them to have them make all phone games.

They're a bit expensive for that, but let's hope Japan Card or whatever that buyer who seemed interested in such a thing doesn't get them.

denshuu

Alz14P.jpg

Come on Neogaf, what am I paying you for.

jmls1121

Banned
What a dumbass. If you are a fan of games why would you want something that actually looks kind of unique (whether it is for you or not) to bomb.

I don't like Minecraft but I would never be "grinning form ear to ear" if one of the versions ever bombed

Because he apparently hates Nintendo more than he likes video games?

Foshy

Watch rayman legends trounce this easily. Poor platinum.

I can't see Legends doing that much better in Japan, actually. It's the first Rayman ever releasing there (other than Raving Rabbids), and if LittleBigPlanet is anything to go by they're not too fond of western platformers.

Kerub

Banned
I cringed at those Wonderful 101 sales. I'm sorry Wii U fans. Sometimes I make fun of you, but now I'm truly sorry.

Guess we can wrap up the idea that Nintendo Direct's are an effective marketing tool

It might be ok to help spread word of mouth for streetpass games, (which are already aimed solely at users who like to meet other users) but retail games on a system with little public enthusiasm is a different matter.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Platinum created a pitch for Nintendo, Nintendo accepted and Platinum changed the characters

What I was trying to imply is that TW101 is far and beyond the best game on Wii U right now; that Platinum's effort/game is better than anything that Nintendo has shown until the end of E3 2012

True but you made it sound that Nintendo were salty because of this and deliberately nobbled the marketing of this which is a tad paranoid. ;)

Did I miss something or did Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Wind Waker HD get delayed?

The latter of the bunch might not be all that significant, but it's bigger than anything the PS4 has in regards to Japan.

I don't know why I thought Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD were next year. Forgot all about DKCTF.....

kewlmyc

First off, don't insult me. Secondly, it's happened many times before.

Sorry for insulting you but it seem highly unrealistic for a company like Nintendo to cancel a game that they've already spent this much time and money in just because a new IP flopped.

Was presented by Kamiya. Didn't help anything.

Who was mimicing Iwatas spreadsheet presentation style. The irony was appreciated, which doesn´t make Iwatas boring directs any better. Iwata is a good CEO but he has become a victim of his own hybris with the directs. A perfectly symmetric styled adult with no emotion in front a white background is not what sells videogames. It´s a nice service once a year but it shouldn´t become their regular way to communicate with fans.

Gamefreak

Neo Member
The fact that Conception II is doing better than TW101 disgusts me.
Giving birth to little minions to fight for you? Really?
What kinda sick shit is that?
WTF game of the year.

wrowa

Looking at the numbers, I think the only mistake Nintendo has made is greenlighting W101 in the first place. No marketing in the world could have saved a game that sells a disatrous 5k in its first week, it's an obvious sign that the market simply didn't care for the type of game in the slightest. More marketing wouldn't have caused W101 to become a success all of a sudden; it would have just caused higher expenses and higher losses.

It's too bad what happened here, but both companies will survive. If Bayonetta 2 isn't suddenly becoming an unexpected surprise hit, we are likely seeing the end of the fresh partnership between PG and Nintendo. Losing a wealthy partner sucks for PG. Realizing that an expensive title is not helping at all to sell systems sucks for Nintendo. But shit happens.

cloudyy

I cringed at those Wonderful 101 sales. I'm sorry Wii U fans. Sometimes I make fun of you, but now I'm truly sorry.
You shouldn't be sorry for Wii U fans, you should be sorry for gaming in general. We'll be forever doomed with Mario and casual titles on Nintendo's home consoles at this point.

Nibel

True but you made it sound that Nintendo were salty because of this and deliberately nobbled the marketing of this which is a tad paranoid. ;)

Well, that's what I meant :lol But I joked of course - was a reference to the infamous line that Nas dropped in Ether against Jay Z ("Eminem killed you on your own track")

wrowa

So what's the next big wii u game to come out In Japan ?

Wind Waker HD might sell a 100k units if its lucky. I guess the only actually big game for the entire year is 3D World.

The line-up is a huge disaster, no doubt. Even the 1rst partu line up is lacklustre at best.

You can keep telling that yourself. Like people that believed that whole launch window farce. Some people will never learn apparently? I suggest its rather the fanboys that still defend Nintendos shit decisions currently and still believe in some secret redemption just because Iwata asks them to please understand. If you are a fan and followed Nintendo closely, youd know that they have no ace in the sleeve. After E3 2012 it was clear to me that they fucked up HD development and launch window was a lie. Now look, its even worse. Much worse. And if they had much more to present before the next holidays, it wouldve been at E3. Get real.

This console is clearly plagued by years of mismanagement,they are even overwhelmed by the goddamn Pikmin development.

You just ignore the rest of what I said then?

I see both sides of this. The over the top reactions on both sides are silly and immature. He said Nintendo has nothing in development or to announce, I said that is logically impossible. I never said that they have anything that'll magically 'save' the WiiU from crappy sales. At this point, I'm not sure if they do. Who knows what the rest of the games this year will do or if they'll help. We cannot predict that one way or the other.

It's an uphill battle for Nintendo, and ultimately I think the WiiU will be the worst selling system they've made. It'll be there to provide the first party output and not much more.

I was pretty sure though, and this seems to confirm it, that a Platinum made game would not be the savior of the flailing system. Anyone who thought about it ahead of time should have known that though.

StoopKid

Wind Waker HD might sell a 100k units if its lucky. I guess the only actually big game for the entire year is 3D World.

The line-up is a huge disaster, no doubt. Even the 1rst partu line up is lacklustre at best.

Jeez wii u is in serious trouble.

Needs a major price cut.

Top Bottom