• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media-Create: Sept 18-25

donny2112 said:
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

1. PS2 Minna no Tennis 87814 / 314790
2. NDS Final Fantasy III 56596 / 712129
3. NDS New Super Mario Bros. 56045 / 3136171
4. NDS Gintama DS: Banji Ousoudou! 39737 / NEW
5. NDS Brain Training 2 34879 / 3221750
6. NDS Animal Crossing: Wild World 25617 / 3256171
7. PS2 Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne 24712 / 99720
8. NDS Tingle RPG 23168 / 114208
9. NDS Cooking Navi 22504 / 488462
10. PS2 Harukanaru Toki no Naka De Maihitoyo (maybe?) 22100 / NEW

New Super Mario Bros. is on the rigth way to reach the 4 millions mark.
FFIII will sure reach the million mark, and perhaps something more.
Next week, Pokémon....the storm is coming.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Do are we predicting Pokemon will help raise other DS software sales, or hurt them?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Tarjeta Prepagada said:
I love it when Sony finishes #1 ^_^
stopposting.gif

Raw64life

Tarjeta Prepagada said:
Anyone got LTD for home consoles last gen in Japan (PS2-GCN-Xbox)

TY in advance

GCN = 1.04 billion
Xbox = 0.5 million
PS2 = 16

PS2 = 19.7 million
GCN = 4.2 million
Xbox = 0.5 million

AniHawk

Raw64life said:
GCN = 1.04 billion
Xbox = 0.5 million
PS2 = 16

PS2 = 19.7 million
GCN = 4.2 million
Xbox = 0.5 million

The DS should top PS2 sales what? Next year? Sometime in the next 18-20 months?

castle007

Banned
AniHawk said:
The DS should top PS2 sales what? Next year? In 18 months?

I was about to post the same thing :p

It is amazing what the DS has accomplished in such a short period of time!!!

We will see how it will be affected when the PS3 and Wii arrive.

AniHawk

castle007 said:
I was about to post the same thing :p

It is amazing what the DS has accomplished in such a short period of time!!!

We will see how it will be affected when the PS3 and Wii arrive.

Yeah. The DS is pretty much unopposed at the moment (no, the PSP does not count). Wii will probably eat into its marketshare more than the PS3. I still think the system should hit 13-14 million by the end of the year, and if things keep up, perhaps another 6 million in the following year.

But I don't know what else Nintendo can release at this point. Today is going to be THE high point of the DS's lifespan.

AniHawk said:
Yeah. The DS is pretty much unopposed at the moment (no, the PSP does not count). Wii will probably eat into its marketshare more than the PS3. I still think the system should hit 13-14 million by the end of the year, and if things keep up, perhaps another 6 million in the following year.

But I don't know what else Nintendo can release at this point. Today is going to be THE high point of the DS's lifespan.

If they have shipped enough games and enough consoles...

fresquito

AniHawk said:

Don't see Wii affecting DS sales in any way. This year's end it will be all about the second coming of Teh Pokemans. Of course PS3 won't affect DS sales until they can overcome the severe shortages.

It's hard to tell which console will be king next December, it's Wii launch period Vs DS at full steam. PS3 will count just if as aforementioned, they can supply enough units (which I think they won't).

AniHawk said:

Mario Galaxy DS ?
Pokemon themed brain training?
GOD DAMN PIKMIN DS
and maybe sarcasm meter software.
You speak into the Mic any post by AniHawk. And the software lets you know if its sarcasm or not

NSMB2
Animal Crossing Wii tie in for DS

Nintendogs 2

All gonna come and all gonna sell more than their previous

AniHawk said:

Pokemon Jade.

linsivvi

AniHawk said:

Zelda
Super Smash Bros DS
Dragon Quest 3-6 remake
FFVII
Another Pokemon 2-3 years down the line

And of course, the inevitable, another redesign.

AniHawk said:

If marketed properly, Nintendo-Fantasy-Quest Hearts
believe
could become bigger than Kingdom Hearts itself. That'd be pretty big.

jesusraz

I'm banking on Tales of the Tempest and Winning Eleven DS to do good numbers. Hopefully they won't let us down...The WE + Black DS pack should help somewhat! Shame Namco isn't getting in on the special-DS act.

medrew said:
11 Brain Training DS
12 Chaos Wars PS2
13 Mario Basketball 3 on 3 DS
16 Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2 DS
19 God Hand PS2
20 Tetris DS
23 Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition PSP
28 Rune Factory: Harvest Moon DS
30 Valhalla Knights PSP
Anyone here able to tell approx LTD of this titles please?

AniHawk said:

They're Nintendo. They'll find a way. At the very least, before the DS is done you can expect:

Brain Training 3/Big Brain Academy 2 (to connect with the Wii game)
A new Animal Crossing (again, Wii connection)
The third Pokemon game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, _________)
Mario Golf and Tennis

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a second Mario after the runaway success of this one, as well as new Advance Wars and possibly even Super Smash Bros. (the controls aren't quite right but they'd be nuts to not even try) games.

BrodiemanTTR said:
They're Nintendo. They'll find a way. At the very least, before the DS is done you can expect:

Brain Training 3/Big Brain Academy 2 (to connect with the Wii game)
A new Animal Crossing (again, Wii connection)
The third Pokemon game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, _________)
Mario Golf and Tennis

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a second Mario after the runaway success of this one, as well as new Advance Wars and possibly even Super Smash Bros. (the controls aren't quite right but they'd be nuts to not even try) games.

Not to mention all the Square-Enix goodies & probably more of it in the future.

dkeane

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Not to mention all the Square-Enix goodies & probably more of it in the future.
Plus once Nintendo drops the price (if they ever need to) all games will get another boost.

Memles

Mario Golf and Tennis may be dead, what with Camelot somewhat gone at this point. I would expect a new sport or two (I'd love to see Football, Hockey, Soccer combo, personally. Or mainly I just want my mario hockey already).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
DefectiveReject said:
and maybe sarcasm meter software.
You speak into the Mic any post by AniHawk. And the software lets you know if its sarcasm or not

:lol Nice one!

I'd buy it

Ikael

Nintennekos: it would completely destroy the sales of any other game in Japan. Seriously. Nintendogs was already a craze yet cats are the favourite animal of the Japanese).
Pikmin DS: it would be great
SSMB DS: You know it will happen sooner or latter
FZero DS: Circuit architec. One man can dream.
Starcraft DS: Make it happen and get Korean's market zergrushed!
Bioware's RPG: For the effin Win
ASH: Me wants

Memles said:
Mario Golf and Tennis may be dead, what with Camelot somewhat gone at this point. I would expect a new sport or two (I'd love to see Football, Hockey, Soccer combo, personally. Or mainly I just want my mario hockey already).

I could actually see SquareEnix filling that hole very nicely. Mario 3on3 was a fantastic effort and the engine is just begging to be used again. Mario Golf should be a no brainer really, few courses, online and you're good to go. I'd like to see what they could do with a touchscreen version of tennis, they pulled off the controls very well for basketball and tennis could go the same route. Slicing, top spin, dropshots, they all seem like they could be adapted very well to the touchscreen.

Xavien

AniHawk said:

Granted these are Square-Enix's Titles, but as we all know the Japanese go crazy for them.

Final Fantasy XII - Revanant Wings
Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker

Its a faster-selling PS2 right now and i think it'll take a long long time to slow down (especially since third parties are starting to come onboard).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
there is no possible way we won't see NSMB2. Is it at 6M worldwide yet? I know it should be well over a million in all territories, and after only 4 months of release. A sequel is inevitable.

Xavien said:
Granted these are Square-Enix's Titles, but as we all know the Japanese go crazy for them.

Final Fantasy XII - Revanant Wings
Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker

Its a faster-selling PS2 right now and i think it'll take a long long time to slow down (especially since third parties are starting to come onboard).

Eh... only SE. Namco is still whoring out games for the PSP (their only *big* DS release is what... TotT?) and all Capcom is giving the DS is Megaman milkage. Aside from Castlevania, there's not much to look forward to from Konami either. :/

slaughterking said:
Capcom gives us Phoenix Wright love.

Oh hey I forgot about the two PW games coming... and PW is one of my favorite games on the DS. Doh!

I think Capcom should really give the DS a chance with Monster Hunter. If it sells so well on the PSP I can only imagine what it'd sell on the DS.

can't wait for the Chocobo Magic Picture Book to come out

I dig the Chocobo Chick !

that chocobo is very much grinding that chick's crotch

chocoboladygz3.jpg

NotWii

Banned
Ikael said:
Nintennekos: it would completely destroy the sales of any other game in Japan. Seriously. Nintendogs was already a craze yet cats are the favourite animal of the Japanese).
Really? Another country to admire apart from Egypt!
By the by, I'd buy 100 copies of Nintencats for myself if it were made!

Top Bottom