• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media-Create: Sept 18-25

neo2046 said:
Famitsu weely Top 10 (2006/9/25 ~ 10/1)
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/10/04/103,1159963089,61240,0,0.html

01 NDS Pokemon Diamond / Pearl
02 PS2 .hack//G.U. Vol.2
03 NDS Kanji Quiz DS
04 PS2 Minna no Tennis
05 NDS New SMB
06 NDS Final Fantasy III DS
07 NDS Brain Training 2
08 PS2 Sangokushi 11
09 X360 Dead Rising
10 NDS Tingle

This is the first time a X360's game enter the top 10 in Japan, isn't it ? It will be interesting to see how the game affected the Hardware's sales.

Rlan said:
eep @ FF.

well, judging by past sales numbers of what's around it ~40k isn't out of the question. that's not bad considering the pokebomb was dropped last week. Granted it may not ever recover from pokemon, but I think with the holidays still to come it will continue to pull down solid numbers week to week until the end of the year.

and nice job Dead Rising.

jarrod

Banned
donny2112 said:
How is >50K sold in one week a bomb, exactly? This is the DS, after all. DS games have legs. :p
No kidding... it's actually a better debut than all 3 of SEGA's PSP Braining Training games I believe. And it's not like SEGA's first PSP title broke 300k immediately either. ;)

ethelred

Dunno why everyone's getting all bent on the FF3 sales. Looks like it's just selling, again, the same thing it's consistently been selling.

01 NDS Pokemon Diamond / Pearl -- 1,5 million
02 PS2 .hack//G.U. Vol.2 -- 80k
03 NDS Kanji Quiz DS -- 70k
04 PS2 Minna no Tennis
05 NDS New SMB

When the top three are so high, it's entirely likely that the three right below are still in the 50-60k range.

Anyway, assuming it pulls another ~50 or so, that'll bring it up to 775,000. Still a fantastic number, and still well on the way to the million it's just about guaranteed to pull in.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
This is the first time a X360's game enter the top 10 in Japan, isn't it ? It will be interesting to see how the game affected the Hardware's sales.
Nah, DoA4 stormed the charts too. And N3 was pretty close IIRC.

Kanji Quiz isn't the SEGA Brain Training game is it guys?

Then, there is no sega brain training in the top10.

So, if it was already released, it means 50k LTD...?

slaughterking said:
Nah, DoA4 stormed the charts too. And N3 was pretty close IIRC.

Ok. What is Xbox360 LTD in Japan ?

EDIT: 143 625 last week. So, if Dead Rising has sold ~30k (supposition), the 20% of 360's owners have bought the game.

ethelred said:
Dunno why everyone's getting all bent on the FF3 sales. Looks like it's just selling, again, the same thing it's consistently been selling.

01 NDS Pokemon Diamond / Pearl -- 1,5 million
02 PS2 .hack//G.U. Vol.2 -- 80k
03 NDS Kanji Quiz DS -- 70k
04 PS2 Minna no Tennis
05 NDS New SMB

When the top three are so high, it's entirely likely that the three right below are still in the 50-60k range.

Anyway, assuming it pulls another ~50 or so, that'll bring it up to 775,000. Still a fantastic number, and still well on the way to the million it's just about guaranteed to pull in.

exactly. as much as it would have been interesting to see FFIII get a boost with pokemon's release, it's not exactly shocking to see it do another 40-50k this week.

Jiggy37 said:
To the best of my knowledge, that was never confirmed, just guesswork on the part of forumers.

Yeah your right. That just adds to the fact that, there not going to be able to produce large amounts of he game.

I think there is going to be constant sell outs and high demand well into next year for the following products:-
DSL's
NSMB
Pokemon
FF3
Animal Forest
BT2

etc.

If the're making 2.2 million a month, they can't be selling all of it.
150k in Europe a week, 140k Japan, 75k NA

thats 365k * 4= under 1.5 million per month. Thats leaves around 500k per months at least for reserves.

ioi said:
Let's try making some more reasonable guesstimates:

1 Pokemon Diamond - 920k
2 Pokemon Pearl - 795k
3 Hack GU - 80k
4 NSMB - 75k
5 FF III - 60k
6 Everybody's Tennis - 50k
01 NDS Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (1.58m)
02 PS2 .hack//G.U. Vol.2 (100k)
03 NDS Kanji Quiz DS (70k)
04 PS2 Minna no Tennis
05 NDS New SMB

ioi vs famitsu - round 1 - fight :D

donny2112

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Then, there is no sega brain training in the top10.

So, if it was already released, it means 50k LTD...?

You're right. It was released on the 14th, so this is it's third week. It was at #15 last week. It debuted at #8 with 28K sales. Sorry for the confusion. :(

Edit:
Pureauthor said:
Hardly fair - Famitsu combined Diamond and Pearl, ioi didn't.

ioi also forgot Kanji Quiz DS. :p

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Now, guys...

The SEGA BT game is ATAMA SCAN isn't it? It was released on 14th September.

So >50k in 3 weeks, its not 1st week.
Ack... bomba it is then. :/

SEGA Brain Training PSP ~320k
SEGA Brain Training 2 PSP ~70k
SEGA Brain Training DS ~50k
Sony Computer Science PSP ~50k?

FFIII's is impressive. The only reason it hasn't passed 1mil yet is because of shipping problems. Needless to say, SE won't make this mistake (underestimating a game's sales potential on the DS) again.

Pokemon could be around 3million by the end of next week, if Nintendo can meet the demand.

In the words of the poster above me:

It's good to be on the winning team.

(I've got to stop digging through Sales Archives.)

jarrod said:
Ack... bomba it is then. :/

SEGA Brain Training PSP ~320k
SEGA Brain Training 2 PSP ~70k
SEGA Brain Training DS ~50k
Sony Computer Science PSP ~50k?
Dunno numbers at the Sony-guy one but it seems its getting a sequel on 30th November! o.o

Pureauthor said:
Hardly fair - Famitsu combined Diamond and Pearl, ioi didn't.
Thats not the point, combine them mentally...

PhoenixDark said:
FFIII's is impressive. The only reason it hasn't passed 1mil yet is because of shipping problems. Needless to say, SE won't make this mistake (underestimating a game's sales potential on the DS) again.

Pokemon could be around 3million by the end of next week, if Nintendo can meet the demand.

I think that in the long term, the 1 million mark is sure at this point (for FFIII). But I don't think that Nintendo can ship enought Pokémons next week. Probably the 3 millions mark will be broken in 3-4 weeks, if not more. But it is sure that in the long term the combined sales will surpass Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire (5 millions). More ? I don't know. Perhaps with Christmas it is possible...

for not being displayed very well and hidden behind the counter, DR did exceptionally well. Then there's the fact that the xbox 360 isn't in a lot of homes in Japan decreasing the amount of people that could buy the title from the start.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
my mother, who hasn't touched any form of videogame since Pong, asked me to get her a DS Lite and Brain Training for Christmas (wtf, my mum getting a new system before me?)...next thing I know she'll be chatting with her friends on Animal Crossing.

MrSardonic said:
my mother, who hasn't touched any form of videogame since Pong, asked me to get her a DS Lite and Brain Training for Christmas (wtf, my mum getting a new system before me?)...next thing I know she'll be chatting with her friends on Animal Crossing.

Keep her away from this man and everything will work out fine.

Top Bottom