• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
That looks pretty messy. Chunky boots and what looks like denim? Bleh.

what's wrong with those boots and denim? now the spread collar shirt, buttoned up, with an anemic tie, with a blue blazer whose bottom button is done, along side blue denim and those boots? yeah that's bad.

giga

what's wrong with those boots and denim? now the spread collar shirt, buttoned up, with an anemic tie, with a blue blazer whose bottom button is done, along side blue denim and those boots? yeah that's bad.

i don't like it in a formal/dressy setting.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Those look pretty good for the price (after 40% off), but I'm trying to wonder what BR was thinking with this rubber sole.

BR_Ty_Chelsea_sole.jpg

Yeah the soles aren't great, but I'm willing to overlook them for the price. Hopefully they don't end up being a huge issue.

CFMOORE!

Why is it so hard to find quality boots (goodyear, dainite, cxl, etc.) with a small toe box for less than $300? Here's a comparison from L to R of Dayton, Wolverine, Red Wing, Viberg, and Red Wing. Only the Viberg and Dayton have svelte toeboxes that aren't bulbous or blocky.

Wolverines and Red Wings go on sale all the time, but I can never justify them because I just don't like the toe boxes. I'm pretty much limited to jcrew, meermin (dressy), and random indonesian companies.

I just ordered these Kenton cap toes. We'll see how it goes. Also if anyone has any recs for Jodphur boots lmk.

Alden on the Barrie and Plaza lasts have very sleek toe boxes, but you're still in the north $500 range on those too.

You can try looking at Thursday Boot Company, they're aping Alden/Viberg hard with their designs in a sub $300 range. They use Horween CXL, goodyear welts, etc.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Black shirt with navy suit pants go/no-go?

Going beltless with suit pants go/no-go?

I would like to say go to booth. Whats your opinion? #rulesaremadetobebroken

What the fuck! I just received my Clarks desert boots, try them on, and one of the she laces rip!

Do they sell she laces for chukkas with two eyelids!? I'd rather not ship them back to wait for a new one. :(

Quick

Banned
What the fuck! I just received my Clarks desert boots, try them on, and one of the she laces rip!

Do they sell she laces for chukkas with two eyelids!? I'd rather not ship them back to wait for a new one. :(

Clark's will mail you replacement laces for free.

Just go to their website and look up their customer support email.

h3ro

Black shirt with navy suit pants go/no-go?

Going beltless with suit pants go/no-go?

I would like to say go to booth. Whats your opinion? #rulesaremadetobebroken
Absolutely for the suit with no belt. I love that look for a casual, fun suit night.

As for the black over blue, that depends more on the colors and the contrast between the two. If the blue is nice and bright, separating it greatly from the black then it's fine. It'll look terrible otherwise.

That looks pretty messy. Chunky boots and what looks like denim? Bleh.

1. Shoes: Johnston and Murphy Melton - $175 (yes, don't skimp on shoes)
2. Pants: Uniqlo - $40
3. Blazer: Uniqlo - $70

Total: $285. Uniqlo also has a cyber monday sale that will take $15 off that price too.

Combos:
1. Black shoes, black pants, navy blazer
2. Brown shoes, navy pants, dark gray blazer
3. Black shoes, wine pants, navy/dark grey blazer (&#10024;holiday&#10024;)

Wear a white shirt underneath. Also, please god don't trim your beard like that dude.

Budget? You need to also invest in wool socks.

Thanks for the tips giga !

I don't think it's an awful outfit, but it is sloppy, the way he put it together. Aside from the bottom button, his tie looks shoddily...tied...and the knot doesn't work for that shirt. Shoes are ugly, at least for this outfit. Pants have an unflattering cut. Cuffs could be a bit shorter.

BumRush

Lol you guys are bruuuuutal. It's not THAT bad. Shoes don't go with the look, tie isn't tied right and the bottom button (?). But otherwise it's better than most of what you see on a day-to-day basis.

Lol you guys are bruuuuutal. It's not THAT bad. Shoes don't go with the look, tie isn't tied right and the bottom button (?). But otherwise it's better than most of what you see on a day-to-day basis.

Yeah, I can understand what people are saying about the composition of the outfit but I would say everything at least fits him well. His smarmy face and nerd beard don't help him at all though.

Hey I'm tired and I feel like the floor of a taxi cab.

Now I'm waiting for my chino pants. That, the cardigan, and my chukkas, the James Bond set will be complete. Gonna walk with swag at nights.

Actually, I need to get the haircut now. I don't have a widows peak hairline like Craig, since it's round, but we'll see.

You are wise, giga!

Well, nobody won't notice the comparison. They'll be like, "there's another guy who dresses nice."

I've liked dressing up nice ever since my late 20s. I'm not a kid anymore. Even my friends think I over dress on certain occasions.

The only article of clothing I saw bond wearing that I really wanted was the chukkas. Never owned a pair, and I needed a new pair of nice shoes.

jtb

Banned
are there any good places to buy outerwear that fits on the skinnier side? usually Uniqlo is my go-to place for smaller, slim basics but I haven't been impressed with any of their coats this fall. I like Zara's sizing but I'm a little wary about the quality of their clothing.

are there any good places to buy outerwear that fits on the skinnier side? usually Uniqlo is my go-to place for smaller, slim basics but I haven't been impressed with any of their coats this fall. I like Zara's sizing but I'm a little wary about the quality of their clothing.

In that price range, Topshop?

MoodyFog

So brehs, when speaking of all white sneakers: Air Force 1 low vs Adidas Superstar, who you got?

(Also open to suggestions from other brands tbh)

NinjaBoiX

So brehs, when speaking of all white sneakers: Air Force 1 low vs Adidas Superstar, who you got?

(Also open to suggestions from other brands tbh)
Adidas Indoor Tennis Mid:

unORdlQ.jpg

Simple, clean, classic.

(Don't get Air Force 1's, they're hideous. They look like kiddy shoes.)

Spazznid

This might be a weird thing to ask, but I'm not the best judge of fashion. I don't know where to look, or what exactly to look for. I am probably going to get laughed at for this as well, but I still want to give it a try.

I am looking for a jacket similar to one from a video game, as similar as possible. If not, then at least maybe someone can help me with some keywords to search.

Don't laugh...

Looking for men's. I need this jacket. Preferably designed more like the female variant. Anything similar, or even brands/styles that are similar would be of great help.

FStop7

Banned
This might be a weird thing to ask, but I'm not the best judge of fashion. I don't know where to look, or what exactly to look for. I am probably going to get laughed at for this as well, but I still want to give it a try.

I am looking for a jacket similar to one from a video game, as similar as possible. If not, then at least maybe someone can help me with some keywords to search.

Don't laugh...

Looking for men's. I need this jacket. Preferably designed more like the female variant. Anything similar, or even brands/styles that are similar would be of great help.

"Tan collarless jacket" brings some kind of similar results on GIS.

Zekes!

Jumping into the sneaker discussion to say AF1

I have both Stan Smiths and a pair of low top AF1s in my rotation right now and the AF1s get worn on the weekly whereas I haven't worn my Stans in months. I have the Bedwin and the Heartbreakers Stans and they creased in a bad way and I usually don't care about creasing

Top Bottom