• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

New jacket, it's dark blue because my wardrobe is clearly not dark blue enough:

Lyle & Scott - £89 £40
QB1vUaR.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Somebody stole my Prada beanie, one of my favourite clothing possessions. I wore that shit almost every day for years. Popped out for a smoke, came back and it was gone, along with part of my soul.

Genuinely wounded, twats!

HiiiLife

What's up guys. I was wondering if any of you had go to brands for some durable t shirts (crew necks, or v necks). Solid colors of course. I was wearing CK for awhile and it felt soft, but durability wise, it wasn't all that. Please tell me Pro Clubs aren't the only durable t shirts out there. Lol.

What's up guys. I was wondering if any of you had go to brands for some durable t shirts (crew necks, or v necks). Solid colors of course. I was wearing CK for awhile and it felt soft, but durability wise, it wasn't all that. Please tell me Pro Clubs aren't the only durable t shirts out there. Lol.

Uniqlo supima cotton.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Can anyone recommend a nice rain jacket? Budget is open, but preferably not more than $400.

I've got the Mammut Juho jacket (wind/waterproof) and while 'nice rain jacket' can mean a myriad of things, if you want something lightweight, with a clean design, no clutter, functional, this is a good deal. I bought it and used it for 1-2 week hikes in Norway, Scotland and Iceland, but back home I've started using it mostly for rainy days while commuting to work on my bicycle.

Hey suit loving men from GAF, just seeing if I can get some help from you guys as I'll be going to a party next Friday and everyone is required to wear bow-ties. Any suggestions on a shirt-bow tie color combination that would go well with a dark gray suit (image below)?

Thanks!

XF6iygs.jpg

Quick

Banned
Hey suit loving men from GAF, just seeing if I can get some help from you guys as I'll be going to a party next Friday and everyone is required to wear bow-ties. Any suggestions on a shirt-bow tie color combination that would go well with a dark gray suit (image below)?

Thanks!

XF6iygs.jpg

Go for a red or blue bow tie.

Edit: you can't really go wrong with any colour that doesn't match with the suit. A lighter shade than the suit is best.

shingi70

Banned
Any good places for a student on a budget who's trying to revamp his wardrobe. I was pretty much looking at shopping mostly at H&M and Unqilo with some local botiques and Marshalls thrown into the mix.

Also have a light down Jacket from Unqilo, is so common for it to be leaking feathers so early into its life cycle.

purg3

slept with Malkin
12231008_1716573715229138_1314376539_n.jpg

New winter boots. Wanted something that would be good in the elements but also look nice. Brown waxed flesh and commando sole. Huge fan of Oak Street Bootmakers after wearing these for the past couple of weeks now.

And a fit pic, just picked up my first Barbour jacket as well.

12256772_1652168358389217_1412364737_n.jpg

MoodyFog

Any good places for a student on a budget who's trying to revamp his wardrobe. I was pretty much looking at shopping mostly at H&M and Unqilo with some local botiques and Marshalls thrown into the mix.

Also have a light down Jacket from Unqilo, is so common for it to be leaking feathers so early into its life cycle.

Uniqlo, Woolovers, Everlane, suitsupply, bexley, loding, dockers..

this is my 1st time buying high(er) top winter boots like this:
DM1Wc6e.jpg

when worn with skinny/slim jeans, do you guys tuck your jeans into your boot? or do you cuff them above? i feel like if i cuff them then my jeans will be too high, but some people can probably pull it off.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
^ I cuff 'em at the top (or pinroll if need be). Tucking is cool too, but I don't wear my boots loose and unlaced enough to do it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
this is my 1st time buying high(er) top winter boots like this:

when worn with skinny/slim jeans, do you guys tuck your jeans into your boot? or do you cuff them above? i feel like if i cuff them then my jeans will be too high, but some people can probably pull it off.

I always cuff.

leroidys

12231008_1716573715229138_1314376539_n.jpg

New winter boots. Wanted something that would be good in the elements but also look nice. Brown waxed flesh and commando sole. Huge fan of Oak Street Bootmakers after wearing these for the past couple of weeks now.

And a fit pic, just picked up my first Barbour jacket as well.

12256772_1652168358389217_1412364737_n.jpg

Damn. Those look great. I'm wondering if it would be worth spending that much money on the boots here in Seattle. The rain and grit tends to fuck up my leather shoes most of the time.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn. Those look great. I'm wondering if it would be worth spending that much money on the boots here in Seattle. The rain and grit tends to fuck up my leather shoes most of the time.

These were made to handle shit weather, I'd say go for it when they start pre-orders again. I got super lucky on the first wave. They are also really comfortable right out of the box, really no break in compared to my Red Wings. I'm in Pittsburgh, our winter's here can be pretty terrible with the rain/snow/slush, and these will be my go to shoes.

So I was looking to get a gray topcoat for the winter, but I'm on a fairly tight budget (sub $200). I ended up looking at this Thompson Topcoat, which with the sale and a promo code ends up at $130 which is a pretty good price for me. But there aren't really any Factory stores around me, can't check the fit or the construction of it. Somehow in looking around (probably cause I'm focused on gray herringbone at this point) came across this one from last year which seems almost exactly what I'm looking for. It's not sold anywhere anymore but apparently pops up on ebay now and then in the mid to high $200s. So my question is basically, is it worth to shell out an extra $100+ for the ludlow or is the factory one likely to be good enough? They seem really similar (least lookswise), but it's hard to compare anything else without seeing either in person.

Top Bottom