• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I can’t respect someone whose personality swings on a dime over petty bullshit. Flip flopping on shit he agreed with 6 months ago just because Matt said it and Matt bruised his ego by laughing at his both sides China shilling. Then resorting to petty jabs and trying to signal boost people he perceives as standing up to Matt, even though they’re typically the Reeeeturnees he’s been dunking on for the last two years. Pathetic and fragile — it’s the kind of derangement I expect of the never Trumpers at Ree. Watch him pretend he hasn’t now, because he thinks he’s smart enough to go unnoticed even though he’s a marginal midwit at best. Even others like @Whitesnake seem to have noticed the pettiness.

Shit he previously would’ve either agreed me on or left alone:

It’s pretty obvious what you’re trying to do.

Yeah, totally the same guy that previously posted this: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/off-site-community-discussion-reset-etc-read-op-stay-civil-dont-make-it-personal-keep-it-in-here.1462647/post-

Petty little man.
y i k e s

You said anime not overpaid soccer man

giphy.gif

I said BRAPAFY me, not give me anime avatars like that soft lad Papa Papa

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I said BRAPAFY me, not give me anime avatars like that soft lad Papa Papa
we have a thread for that

Bigrx1

Banned
Question for you all:

I hop into politics section at times, occasionally comment but mostly just browse. Is it just me or does there seem to be a few shills or plants or whatever you want to call them in there now? I've noticed some accounts that signed up maybe 3 or 4 months ago, kind of kept quiet or just posted a few small posts in regular sections on the forums but then went head first into non stop TDS posting in politics and don't post anywhere else now that I can see.

In general there just seems to be an explosion of TDS in there that I don't remember seeing before. A few of the posters remind me of a bot/shill I would see on r/politics where no matter if their information gets corrected they just keep spewing endlessly and a lot of it seems like misinformed headline reader posts.

Question for you all:

I hop into politics section at times, occasionally comment but mostly just browse. Is it just me or does there seem to be a few shills or plants or whatever you want to call them in there now? I've noticed some accounts that signed up maybe 3 or 4 months ago, kind of kept quiet or just posted a few small posts in regular sections on the forums but then went head first into non stop TDS posting in politics and don't post anywhere else now that I can see.

In general there just seems to be an explosion of TDS in there that I don't remember seeing before. A few of the posters remind me of a bot/shill I would see on r/politics where no matter if their information gets corrected they just keep spewing endlessly and a lot of it seems like misinformed headline reader posts.
Joe Biden's minions.

-Arcadia-

Banned
...no matter if their information gets corrected they just keep spewing endlessly

I like how it you hadn't said TDS, we'd all still know what you meant. For some reason, almost everyone on the modern left acts this way.

To me, that's either escalation or ignore time. Ignore if you don't feel in the mood, and want to engage with some productive posters, or escalate by exposing everything that they are, and ripping them a new one.

Either way, but never seriously engage with somebody that doesn't respect you, the thread, or the forum enough to conduct themselves in an adult manner and have a civil conversation where concession is a possibility.

General advice to anyone thinking about wasting half their day and derailing a thread (usually the goal) with one of these idiots.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Question for you all:

It may have escalated recently, but that has been happening since the birth of newGAF.

They get found out eventually.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Yeah I've noticed people seem to be a bit more angry. Now I know what it's like to be caught in the middle of a divorce where neither parent wants you :lollipop_pensive:

I know you're joking, but I wanted to be positive for a second, and sometimes this stuff should be said. One of the best, most funniest posters on Gaf. Humor, and seriously know your stuff on games. : )

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima seems to need a lift-up too, so your posts always make me laugh and are really well done. I'm angry at you and you're still likable. That says a lot. Partially saw that thread before the edit. It will all work out. Just be positive, work hard, be yourself, and be proud of that self.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I know you're joking, but I wanted to be positive for a second, and sometimes this stuff should be said. One of the best, most funniest posters on Gaf. Humor, and seriously know your stuff on games. : )

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima seems to need a lift-up too, so your posts always make me laugh and are really well done. I'm angry at you and you're still likable. That says a lot. Partially saw that thread before the edit. It will all work out. Just be positive, work hard, be yourself, and be proud of that self.
You're angry at Kojima-san?!

Helios

That’s the thing — the vast majority of it was banter. Look at how he spoke to me and Melon. It was just as vitriolic as his worst console warring, but it was funny and we liked and encouraged it because it built camaraderie. The opinions of the external participants who weren’t in on the joke shouldn’t hold any weight, but that’s what a keyword search like “soyboy” does.
Let's not conflate him shitposting with you and Melon to him insulting other members because of their choice of platform. They are definitely not one and the same. He wasn't the ray of hope of this board like some of his close friends tend to portray him as.
I'm sad to see Brap go and I think he was one of the funniest people on this site but he's had a lot of warnings, thread bans and timed bans. I'm sure he was aware that this could happen. To the people that say his perm was unjustified, I think he said after the last ban that he's not going to engage in console warring again. He obviously didn't stop. How many more chances is he going to get as supposed to some of the other console warriors on this site. (although like some other people mentioned, maybe a temp gaming ban would've been better than a perm,)
And before people start going "Why didn't you say these things while he was unbanned?": I did. while I didn't care for his console warring because I don't visit those types of threads, I held no secret that I found some of his OAG-style threads very unhealthy for this board.
And I don't say this out of vitriol like some people will undoubtedly try to spin it and I'll genuinely be happy if EL ever gives him another chance. It's obvious that he was different from your typical console warrior shitposter and a lot of people liked him which is why we have 10+ pages discussing this (+ the ban review thread) as supposed to some of the other console warriors which went out with no one even talking about them. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for the mods either.

Last edited:
Let's not conflate him shitposting with you and Melon to him insulting other members because of their choice of platform. They are definitely not one and the same. He wasn't the ray of hope of this board like some of his close friends tend to portray him as.
I'm sad to see Brap go and I think he was one of the funniest people on this site but he's had a lot of warnings, thread bans and timed bans. I'm sure he was aware that this could happen. To the people that say his perm was unjustified, I think he said after the last ban that he's not going to engage in console warring again. He obviously didn't stop. How many more chances is he going to get as supposed to some of the other console warriors on this site. (although like some other people mentioned, maybe a temp gaming ban would've been better than a perm,)
And before people start going "Why didn't you say these things while he was unbanned?": I did. while I didn't care for his console warring because I don't visit those types of threads, I held no secret that I found some of his OAG-style threads very unhealthy for this board.
And I don't say this out of vitriol like some people will undoubtedly try to spin it and I'll genuinely be happy if EL ever gives him another chance. It's obvious that he was different from your typical console warrior shitposter and a lot of people liked him which is why we have 10+ pages discussing this (+ the ban review thread) as supposed to some of the other console warriors which went out with no one even talking about them. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for the mods either.
Papa Papa has left the chat.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I found some of his OAG-style threads very unhealthy for this board.

This makes me suspect that you would love Resetera-type topics. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’m not.

If they didn’t resonate with me, I kept scrolling. More often than not, though, he called attention to people yet again subverting entertainment for political purposes, and I found that a valuable addition.

New Neogaf seems to be built on a healthy community that... generally calls cultural things like they see them, and spares no criticism of stupidity. Those threads fit in well with that.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
there are sixteen logged against posts you've made.
That shouldn't be a surprise given the imbalance of this site, it can easily be seen in threads of a particular brand that's crowed by the other side.
A person that pays attention would have taken notice of this already.

your blind rage made you miss two obvious joke and you went straight into personal insult mode.
I didn't miss an obvious joke, it just wasn't appropriate and as I've said there's a time and place for everything, that wasn't it.
Whoever the mod was did miss the obvious console warrior though that has a track record and does it with practically every post, you spend enough time around here you start to remember their names.
It's supposed to be the task of the moderating team, but apparently when you attend someone to their behavior and they strike first and you strike back it's automatically your fault - thus mod team's logic.

where is your post congratulating Sony for their actions?
I praise whichever company where warranted and equally give them shit where due, a proper search would reflect just that.
I refuse to be like some asslicker that feel the need to praise a company 24/7 and preach their names till kingdom come, whichever company that may be.

your problem

Let's not shall we, I don't believe you spend enough time on people themselves everyday to make such assumptions.
It is discontent and frustration because it's near impossible to have a proper discussion around here because everything goes.
Good to be lax but it's having the opposite effect and not because next-gen talks are in full swing right now, perhaps 1-2 more moderators needed to help out.

What is the end game here, keep going as is until people stop buying gold subscription and then close down the site?

I am pretty sad to see brap banned if only because I feel he is a genuine poster and takes jokes quite well and can give jokes in return.

Whether it was justified or not, he brought some memorable opinions and I feel that he wasn't hurting anyone with how he felt about PlayStation/Xbox or Nintendo. The ban is a little odd and I can't bat for either party but I do think sometimes it is best to move on (at least for brap) and try and keep as many members who wishes to speak to him outside of this forum and stay friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom