• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Get started on the acid.
Ox85mE8.gif

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Can someone explain those images to me? They come off some weird Deep Learning A.I. thing, right? Why are they so nightmarish, lol?

Apologies for a million questions.

Tesseract

Banned
it's multiple iterations of a vision network trained to percieve bugs, birds, dogs, so forth

basically a feature detection overlay, nothing fancy but the processed effect is powerful

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Can someone explain those images to me? They come off some weird Deep Learning A.I. thing, right? Why are they so nightmarish, lol?

Apologies for a million questions.
They are trained to see patterns and if you run them over and over again, building on the last one, you brute force patterns out of nothing, and even the smallest bit of detail gets amplified into an eye or dog or whatever because it is trying to see something from nothing.

It's the computer version of pareidolia.

Thank you and please join me for my lecture next week when I explain how your wifi is the same cancer risk to you as pickled vegetables.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I do not quite understand the vitriol over the brap ban. Brap has been banned and warned several times over his aggressive behaviour (including in particular console warring) and refused to improve his behaviour at all. While I did enjoy brap, and a lot of his vitriol was in jest, it is not true that only the recipient's reception of an aggressive posting is relevant, because a forum also gives an outward appearance. Especially when it comes to console warring, this forum was on the edge of being unusable and someone constantly console warring for Sony in such a blatant way does increase the repelling outside appearance.

As far as I know, EviLore EviLore (correct me if I am wrong) does consider requests for "ban parole" after some good time (half a year? a year?) has passed, so if brap wants to behave more civilised in the future he might have a chance of coming back in due time.

Yes, there are other more egregious examples of straight-faced console warring that are probably worse than what brap did, some of which are seemingly not close to having siad their last word, yet, but brap was shitposting like that all over the forum and with very rare if any exceptions to that. Personally, I would not have permed him (because I would not perm in general outside of very specific profound reasons), but his perm is very understandable nonetheless.

I do not quite understand the vitriol over the brap ban.

I think it’s mostly a case of him being very well liked by a lot of people who interacted with him every day.

I understand what you’re saying though, for sure.

Perms are usually always a bummer to me, especially a regular user, but I get it, rules are rules

I still think he will be back one day

Last edited:
I can't! I'm not satisfied unless the world knows how much I hate thing
It's all good, buddy. Come to you mom's tits now..

and @topic, just out of curiosity, I'd really like to know what's more lewd with these pics:

than with what we have on average in the tits thread, example given :

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, it appears the feet thread got locked. I guess feet are off limits. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
That is pretty based.
It's all good, buddy. Come to you mom's tits now..

and @topic, just out of curiosity, I'd really like to know what's more lewd with these pics:

than with what we have on average in the tits thread, example given :
Feet are haram.

Last edited by a moderator:

pulga

Banned
I know you're joking, but I wanted to be positive for a second, and sometimes this stuff should be said. One of the best, most funniest posters on Gaf. Humor, and seriously know your stuff on games. : )

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima seems to need a lift-up too, so your posts always make me laugh and are really well done. I'm angry at you and you're still likable. That says a lot. Partially saw that thread before the edit. It will all work out. Just be positive, work hard, be yourself, and be proud of that self.

Please join my uprising and brap-ify your avatar

we will take the system DOWN

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yes GAF’s first official foot thread was put down quickly, unfortunately
I told brap to make one before but he thought I would just go in it to make fun of him.

I'm not Kojimbo though.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Putting useless people in the ignore list sure makes browsing GAF more pleasant

Fuck whoever said it wasn't "necessary"
I'm against using the ignore list to block out opinions that differ from yours. It turns the forum into your own personal safe space, and I think that completely defeats the purpose of a discussion forum.

But there are a few people that don't contribute anything worthwhile, whether it be some insightful commentary, some humour or they're just flatout pieces of shit, and browsing GAF has been a much more enjoyable experience since I added them to the ignore list.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I'm against using the ignore list to block out opinions that differ from yours. It turns the forum into your own personal safe space, and I think that completely defeats the purpose of a discussion forum.

But there are a few people that don't contribute anything worthwhile, whether it be some insightful commentary, some humour or they're just flatout pieces of shit, and browsing GAF has been a much more enjoyable experience for since I added them to the ignore list.
I don't ignore people that has different opinions than mine? What do you think I am? 10 years old? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I block the pathetic clowns that adds NOTHING to the place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom