• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
A) I’m not feeling left out. That’s ridiculous. Not sure where you got that idea. You seem to be implying that I feel excluded. That’s weird.

B) There is already a metric fuckton of joking around on newGAF as you are well aware. Not confusing people isn’t going to take away your fun or stop the jokes.

C) I’m well aware that people are just having fun. I am just stating for the record that changing usernames unnecessarily is REALLY.FUCKING.ANNOYING.

D) I am also aware that my opinion isn’t going to change anything, but I’m gonna say it anyway.

E) I take it back. I have plenty of fucks to give to Tulsi Gabbard.

Yes and I bitched to every one of them. You are not special.

> Thinks point A was about him

> “You are not special”

A) I’m not feeling left out. That’s ridiculous. Not sure where you got that idea. You seem to be implying that I feel excluded. That’s weird.

B) There is already a metric fuckton of joking around on newGAF as you are well aware. Not confusing people isn’t going to take away your fun or stop the jokes.

C) I’m well aware that people are just having fun. I am just stating for the record that changing usernames unnecessarily is REALLY.FUCKING.ANNOYING.

D) I am also aware that my opinion isn’t going to change anything, but I’m gonna say it anyway.

E) I take it back. I have plenty of fucks to give to Tulsi Gabbard.

Yes and I bitched to every one of them. You are not special.
Scopa Scopa 's just mad that I surpassed him on the Top 20 GAF list. The tribe has truly spoken for that matter, mate.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
> Thinks point A was about him

> “You are not special”
Scopa Scopa 's just mad that I surpassed him on the Top 20 GAF list. The tribe has truly spoken for that matter, mate.
giphy.gif

Papa

Banned
P.P.S.

1) There is a mandatory 3 month tag stating our old name. You know who we are.

2) Do you really think these will be permanent changes beyond the 3 months? Would anyone in their right mind want to be permanently bound to MHK or whatever that monstrosity brappy is rocking?

Reeeeeelax

ROMhack

Scopa is correct though. Forced memes like this making their way into the GAF is annoying.

Like you guys are basically circlejerking yourselves as evidence it's not annoying when outsiders are clearly telling you it is. Come onnn.

Edit: Probably sounds harsher than I meant it. You guys are okay really. Like dogs with three legs.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
P.P.S.

2) Do you really think these will be permanent changes beyond the 3 months? Would anyone in their right mind want to be permanently bound to MHK or whatever that monstrosity brappy is rocking?

Reeeeeelax
I’m perfectly relaxed.

I think it’s stupid.” he said in a relaxed tone.

3 months keeping a changed username just for the sake of a joke is a bit too much imo. And I thought the autocunths joke lost its shine within just one week.

I think you guys are really fun but sometimes you stretch the joke for too much time.
Hey, I didn't start this shit, but I enjoy seeing Matt emulating my name. As they say, imitation is the greatest form of flattery
5wZdQMI.png

Papa

Banned
3 months keeping a changed username just for the sake of a joke is a bit too much imo. And I thought the autocunths joke lost its shine within just one week.

I think you guys are really fun but sometimes you stretch the joke for too much time.

Didn’t you used to be called Megaman X or some shit

Shifty

Tried to submit my name change request, but apparently it's taken by a user from 2005 who made one post about wrestling and then disappeared forever :messenger_pensive:

Any chance of an exception under these extenuating circumstances EviLore EviLore ?

Last edited:
Tried to submit my name change request, but apparently it's taken by a user from 2005 who made one post about wrestling and then disappeared forever :messenger_pensive:

Any chance of an exception under these extenuating circumstances EviLore EviLore ?
I wonder if usernames banned for spam could be an exception. The other day I saw 'Normie' on the banned spammer list and thought it was a crying shame that such a good username went to waste.

That made me laugh, ngl. Also, sorry if I came across as bitchy. I've had a rough few days, and having multiple people make complaints about me over a simple username change is pretty annoying. I'm not trying to make a joke with mine, I just wanted to have something cool for Halloween.
Never understood the backlash behind it. I can understand the confusion and the frustration behind the confusion, but to hate on the idea of changing usernames even if it's a joke is very odd.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Brap, what in the name of beautiful edible feet did you do to your legendary NAME!?
floyd.png

Dafuq is brap brap , broski??
Should have gotten a ban for a week instead of the name approved, for her own good!
P.P.S.

Reeeeeelax
Possibly, he also links homself to that colourful rap monstrosity!

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Can someone from staff explain how this warning system works? I just noticed I had three warning points for inappropriate language. I reckon you get a ban when you accumulate to many points but what is the limit? 10 points? 25? Over 9000? Or is it three strikes and you´re out?

Nymphae

Banned
I got the achievement when MiyazakiHatesKojima gifted me gold.
A notification that he gifted you? Or a specific acheivement for a member gifting you gold? I only have one, for becoming a Goldmember, and that was earned when I was first gifted gold randomly. It would have been the same achievement if I bought it myself.

Last edited:
A notification that he gifted you? Or a specific acheivement for a member gifting you gold?
I think we should get a notification about which member gifted you gold but another achievement seems redundant because the current gold achievement is simply for "subscribing to NeoGAF gold", whether you purchase it yourself or have someone else gift you gold.

Nymphae

Banned
I think we should get a notification about which member gifted you gold but another achievement seems redundant because the current gold achievement is simply for "subscribing to NeoGAF gold", whether you purchase it yourself or have someone else gift you gold.

Right, you do get a single achievement for at some point buying or having gold gifted to you. I didn't care about that one, I didn't earn it. Someone just bought me gold unrelated to any thread or post or anything, and I got a generic "You are a gold member" achievement.

It felt like a different "achievement" to me personally when someone gifted one of my posts gold, I don't see that it's redundant to have an achievement separate from the "You have become a Gold Member", for when a contribution of yours is specifically being rewarded as gold worthy (and I think the name I suggested for the award is Gold, Jerry)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom