• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphae

Banned
Multiple 'gold get' achievements is fine but multiple positive reaction emojis is a no-no? Aight :lollipop_smirking:

When did I say multiple positive emojis is not good? I said I was not fond of the one positive emoji I consider useless (and I stated if people want to use it that is cool), and I also stated that I would be cool with a compressed system that was just up and down votes. Multiple useful emojis is fine by me.

Last edited:
I think I get it. The current gold achievement awards you 100 points without the distinction between whether you became a gold member by purchasing gold or having someone gift you it. You could make a post you think is gold-worthy and it accumulates a lot of reactions (25 or more which then equates to 20 points). However, someone responds with "fuck off" in one thread and it accumulates 100 reactions versus someone who might make a well thought out post closer to the end of a page and it may only receive a couple reactions.

I guess I'm just curious if they could even do it. Let's say EviLore EviLore did create a seperate gold achievement but I already got the "old" gold achievement that way when someone gifted me gold. Does that mean I automatically unlock the new gold achievement? That's more so what I mean by it being redundant.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I wouldn't be necessarily against it. I guess I'm just curious if they could even do it. Let's say EviLore EviLore EviLore EviLore did create a seperate gold achievement but I already got the "old" gold achievement that way when someone gifted me gold. That's more so what I mean by it being redundant.

It would be a completely new one only awarded when you get a gold medallion on a post or thread. I don't see why that wouldn't be possible to add to the list, but whatever, it's up to the staff.

Barnabot

@matt404 I mean Papa Papa

You need use the same shitty Twitch chat / League of Legends / normie garbage emotes to make the ruse complete.
trihard.jpg
you guys are trash, and i'm going to recycle you
lan8tJV.png

It would be a completely new one only awarded when you get a gold medallion on a post or thread. I don't see why that wouldn't be possible to add to the list, but whatever, it's up to the staff.
I understand but what I mean is the old achievement would probably have to be edited to specify that you received the gold through purchasing. This may result in losing 100 points if you got the then old achievement by being gifted gold which would be how you unlock the new gold achievement.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I understand but what I mean is the old achievement would probably have to be edited to specify that you received the gold through purchasing. This may result in losing 100 points if you got the then old achievement by being gifted gold which would be how you unlock the new gold achievement.

I don't think it would need to be specified though would it? A different user gifting you on a post or thread would trigger the That's Gold, Jerry, Gold! Achievement, and if you didn't already have the generic You Are a Gold Member one, you would get that as well.

Last edited:
I don't think it would need to be specified though would it? A different user gifting you on a post or thread would trigger the That's Gold, Jerry, Gold! Achievement, and if you didn't already have the generic You Are a Gold Member one, you would get that as well.
I thought you were talking about separate gold achievements?

Purchase gold to become a Gold Member (100 points)
You were gifted gold for one of your posts (50 points)

Because currently it is like so:

You've subscribed to NeoGAF Gold (100 points) - whether you purchased gold or were gifted it

Nymphae

Banned
I thought you were talking about separate gold achievements?

Purchase gold to become a Gold Member (100 points)
You were gifted gold for one of your posts (50 points)

Because currently it is like so:

You've subscribed to NeoGAF Gold (100 points) - whether you purchased gold or were gifted it

I was just thinking it could stay like it is now, but with the additional achievement. If the GJG Achievement was given to you, you'd get that plus the current Subscribe to Gold One if you didn't already have it.

Shifty

Annnnd new name, ta-dah! Cheers EviLore EviLore (y)

I failed to account for going one better and changing my name directly, so no goofy "formerly known as Shifty." tag for me. I'll get you next time, gadget..!

But in the meantime, I'm going to flex on everyone and elevate the rename shitposting meta regardless. Eat my dust, losers! :messenger_winking_tongue:

@matt404 is that you posting from Australia? I can't tell anymore.
smh dun why you gotta deadname matt like that

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
let me out of the crate, i'm tired of these pentagon ultra violence experiments
Who knows what the hell is in most of them containers. When they had that massive bust of cocain on that MSC ship it was gnarly here. Everytime a MSC ship would come in they would have customs all over it with scuba gear and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom