• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
thanks everyone for the entertainment in politics board currently.
i think you know i say this with love

200.gif

O-N-E

And it's still a position of not going on witch hunts to figure out who's racist and then ignore all content from them. I still read HP Lovecraft, for instance.

Posts and artistry are two different things for me. Some artists are terrible people but can conjure up a beautiful / mesmerizing image. Also Lovecraft is dead, so...

Posts and artistry are two different things for me. Some artists are terrible people but can conjure up a beautiful / mesmerizing image. Also Lovecraft is dead, so...

With the posts you're asking me to know the intent of the poster or to interpret everything the same way as you. Not interested.

O-N-E

With the posts you're asking me to know the intent of the poster or to interpret everything the same way as you. Not interested.

I wanted to know your particular intentions because I'm interacting with you on this forum.

My initial question could've been worded sharply, but you could just say "nope, don't agree with racism / white-supremacy."

Discussion over.

O-N-E

It's not a can to me, it's a lot of you twisting words because you're just so amazingly righteous.

Fuck's sake, man.

In what world is calling a spade a spade a tool for virtue-signaling / wanting to be seen as righteous?

I'm not performing for anyone. Just not gonna pretend calling people N****r and all other manner of baseless all-encompassing hatred is something I have a taste for.

Yay Trump. Fuck BLM. Fuck Antifa. Fuck racists.

That's not exactly a popular combo for shit-for-brains virtue signalers.

Anyways, fuck off for starting this retarded shit.

Fuck's sake, man.

In what world is calling a spade a spade a tool for virtue-signaling / wanting to be seen as righteous?

I'm not performing for anyone. Just not gonna pretend calling people N****r and all other manner of baseless all-encompassing hatred is something I have a taste for.

Yay Trump. Fuck BLM. Fuck Antifa. Fuck racists.

That's not exactly a popular combo for shit-for-brains virtue signalers.

Anyways, fuck off for starting this retarded shit.

You do you the problem is you seem to think anyone else should care about the things you care about. That's why you tried convincing me that Instagram was white supremacist (which I still don't even believe is true) and then started talking about how going to 4Chan means you're okay with wading through racism. Then claimed I was defending racism, which is so whatever. I think 4Chan is great and that Instagram has some funny shit, never defended anything "racist" from either because both exist for myriad reasons besides racism. You're mad at me because I went to a buffet that served veal even if I don't take the veal, basically. And apparently I should hold the same values as you which are "posts online/memes are not art" and "if the person died then you can celebrate their work but only then". I reject your way of dealing with the world and reject the presumption of my guilt for doing so, but yes, you do whatever you're comfortable with.

O-N-E

You do you the problem is you seem to think anyone else should care about the things you care about. That's why you tried convincing me that Instagram was white supremacist (which I still don't even believe is true) and then started talking about how going to 4Chan means you're okay with wading through racism. Then claimed I was defending racism, which is so whatever. I think 4Chan is great and that Instagram has some funny shit, never defended anything "racist" from either because both exist for myriad reasons besides racism. You're mad at me because I went to a buffet that served veal even if I don't take the veal, basically. And apparently I should hold the same values as you which are "posts online/memes are not art" and "if the person died then you can celebrate their work but only then". I reject your way of dealing with the world and reject the presumption of my guilt for doing so, but yes, you do whatever you're comfortable with.

I didn't say you defend racism. I said 4Chan just lets any old racist in and that FOR ME, I don't want to wade through all the racist shit to get to the "good stuff". And yes, that account has a bunch of White Supremacist stuff. Seriously, just take a look around. I already gave you an example the first time we clashed over this.

Also, my stance isn't "if they died, it's ok", but the thing is Lovecraft has been dead for a while now and he's from a different time. Depending on how good the artistry is comparative to the sin and the times, I can look past things to appreciate the work.

Reject my way all you want, but don't say I'm trying to make you do this or that. The level to which you're triggered by my criticism of forums harboring racists is fucking bizarre.

Also, that veal isn't yelling "N****r" or "Kike" at you. Stupid analogy.

Nymphae

Banned
So you've posted multiple times now shit from that white supremacist meme account.

You enjoy their content I guess?

I just don't get what your driving at with this line of questioning. If he's not being racist here, what's the problem? Motive Hunting is Reee shit.

I like a lot of content from consumeproduct.win and share it here. Ever been there? Tons of anti-semitic and anti-black content. What does this say about me?

O-N-E

I just don't get what your driving at with this line of questioning. If he's not being racist here, what's the problem? Motive Hunting is Reee shit.

I like a lot of content from consumeproduct.win and share it here. Ever been there? Tons of anti-semitic and anti-black content. What does this say about me?

The point of the question is to know for sure.

Like I said, just replying with "nope, don't agree with that shit."

Then I go, "Oh, ok."

It's not exactly a big deal.

I didn't say you defend racism. I said 4Chan just lets any old racist in and that FOR ME, I don't want to wade through all the racist shit to get to the "good stuff". And yes, that account has a bunch of White Supremacist stuff. Seriously, just take a look around. I already gave you an example the first time we clashed over this.

Also, my stance isn't "if they died, it's ok", but the thing is Lovecraft has been dead for a while now and he's from a different time. Depending on how good the artistry is comparative to the sin and the times, I can look past things to appreciate the work.

Reject my way all you want, but don't say I'm trying to make you do this or that. The level to which you're triggered by my criticism of forums harboring racists is fucking bizarre.

Also, that veal isn't yelling "N****r" or "Kike" at you. Stupid analogy.

I mean it'd be way easier to eat the veal if it was racist. That said if you aren't trying to push your ideas on anyone else then that's fine. 4chan is a great place for memes and insider info and shit like that, I would hate to think you believe anyone willing to engage with those aspects despite the racism is somehow I dunno... complicit in anything? If you're just telling us how you see things that's thing, I just don't need anyone being some moral lecturer like my mom not wanting me watching Jerry Springer as a kid or something. Basically, though this got heated, in the same way you wanted to (the first time) figure out where I'm coming from I also want to figure out where you're coming from. If you can handle people disagreeing with you on these issues or if we then in turn become a part of the problem.

O-N-E

I mean it'd be way easier to eat the veal if it was racist. That said if you aren't trying to push your ideas on anyone else then that's fine. 4chan is a great place for memes and insider info and shit like that, I would hate to think you believe anyone willing to engage with those aspects despite the racism is somehow I dunno... complicit in anything? If you're just telling us how you see things that's thing, I just don't need anyone being some moral lecturer like my mom not wanting me watching Jerry Springer as a kid or something. Basically, though this got heated, in the same way you wanted to (the first time) figure out where I'm coming from I also want to figure out where you're coming from. If you can handle people disagreeing with you on these issues or if we then in turn become a part of the problem.

Where I'm coming from is that, I'm just curious whether people who visit those places agree with those aspects of that place. It's something I like to know before engaging with a person further.

I think people take offence when they are questioned about being racists, when they are not demonstrating those behaviours. It's condescending.

I worded it sharply, but regardless, it was worth asking for me.

O-N-E

What would your response be if he said yes he enjoys the content (which he obviously does since he's shared it)?

He said he wasn't aware of any white supremacist stuff on the account.

If he openly shared that there would be a bigger problem.

Nymphae

Banned
Is there a thread for forum suggestions / bugs etc...? or would this be the place for that?

There is a thread for bugs

And this was initially supposed to be a thread for forum suggestions as well. Sometimes we touch on that stuff. I put my general forum thoughts and suggestions here.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
All this recent argument over corporate marketing buzzwords and whether one corporation's marketing propaganda is equivalent to another corporation's marketing propaganda in lieu of any actual real world testing is fuckin' stupid.

It's mind boggling that anyone who values their time actually cares about this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom