• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
Chunk?

wBhqK4I.jpg
EUHxiQnWsAI4kl5.jpg

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hey guys. Everyone been good? Ive been super mia. Ive just been so lazy, like too lazy to even conversate. Anyways anyone wanna recommend some Super Nes games? Preferably obscure. I wanna play some stuff.
My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony but is indifferent towards Microsoft and prefers the Epic Games Store over Steam while simultaneously praising Stadia says to play Robotrek because it needs more love.

I'll never get the Series S defenders. I'm being told I hate poor people now, like LOL, if a person can afford a 300 dollar console I'm pretty sure they can just have some patience, wait a bit, save up and get the 500 dollar version. The only reason the 300 dollar version sells is because people have no impulse control or are one of those people who seriously believes they can't see framerate/resolution or something. Like... okay, the pre-orders are all sold out right now, if you didn't get a pre-order when do you think you'll be able to get it? Why not just wait for a second stimulus or for your tax refund, because anyone poor enough that 500 is a lot of money is getting a tax refund, right? What would these poor souls do if there was no 300 dollar option? I bet they'd get the 500 eventually.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'll never get the Series S defenders. I'm being told I hate poor people now, like LOL, if a person can afford a 300 dollar console I'm pretty sure they can just have some patience, wait a bit, save up and get the 500 dollar version. The only reason the 300 dollar version sells is because people have no impulse control or are one of those people who seriously believes they can't see framerate/resolution or something. Like... okay, the pre-orders are all sold out right now, if you didn't get a pre-order when do you think you'll be able to get it? Why not just wait for a second stimulus or for your tax refund, because anyone poor enough that 500 is a lot of money is getting a tax refund, right? What would these poor souls do if there was no 300 dollar option? I bet they'd get the 500 eventually.
People browsing GAF or any gaming enthusiast message board aren't the target audience for the Series S.

teezzy

Banned
I love hearing Lynch shut down interviewers with curt no's lol.

"I know you don't like to explain what things mean, but can you tell me what this means?"

"No."

I have a theory he often means that literally. Not everything in Lynch's movies have deeper meaning but he pairs abstract juxtaposition and people implement themselves into their own interpretation of it.

I find that more interesting honestly

teezzy

Banned

It's a neat idea for a supplementary console. I play a lot of sports games, and fighting games in my living room with friends while most of my gaming is done on my PC

When friends come over, it feels weird to be a bunch of adults playing on my computer together... more normal to boot up Madden or Soul Calibur or Tekken and have a go on the Xbox

I sometimes have to buy titles twice as a result for this. If the damn Series S just had a disc drive for old games it'd be perfect for me tbh; runs shit well enough, everything else i can just play on PC

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I have a theory he often means that literally. Not everything in Lynch's movies have deeper meaning but he pairs abstract juxtaposition and people implement themselves into their own interpretation of it.

I find that more interesting honestly

I believe that he does have personal, intentional meanings for most things people are specifically asking questions about in interviews and such, I just think he has the balls to say no and sit there and wait for the next question and let the interviewer squirm a bit. He's already went over why he doesn't like to explain things to people many times; that he finds being told what a thing means is essentially destructive to the artwork and the process he wants to take place, he wants you to be the detective and enjoy that. I don't think it necessarily implies he doesn't always have a specific interpretation in mind, he just is steadfast in never giving away what he personally intended.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned

You have to spend some time around casual gamers (not just Wii-like gamers, but like Madden or typical AAA, or whatever)

1: They are as blind as Mr. Magoo
2: They give no shits as long as they’re having fun
3: They are price sensitive, and don’t want to pay too much for a toy

If something like Series S does well, and doesn’t kneecap the Series X, it’s a good thing. More gamers playing, especially early on, means more sales. More sales means less risky to invest in next-gen games, new ideas, etc.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I get stuff deleted all the time. Idk. I always thought there was a certain tolerance in the Ban Review thread where a little fun could be had, as long as it wasn’t a page-long derail, but it’s hard to tell where the line actually is, especially when there was no line during my earliest days here.

While it kind of sucks that the target audience may never see my responses, I’m just putting stuff in here now, in hopes that it transfers over. I’d rather not worry about deletions or any of it.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I had a post that was deleted too. Was a comment on how dumb it was that people were console waring in the ban thread after complaining about catching a thread ban for console wars.

I think they just cleared out all of the posts there rather than picking and choosing. There were a few console warriors going at it and a few of us commenting on the lack of self-awareness. I'm not too worried about it. I don't think a post deletion is the end of the world and I assume the mods understand our posts but just wanted to clear out all of the noise.

I have friends who are buying the Series S + Game Pass. They could afford a $500 console but usually wait a few years for a price drop. They typically play COD, GTA, Madden, NBA, FIFA, and a handful of free to play games. They don't turn on game mode, they don't calibrate their TVs, they just play games casually. They got super excited about Game Pass + EA for Madden and FIFA. They usually only buy one or two years year of the games per gen so they are find with always being a year behind on the service. They are getting a lot more entertainment out of the Series S + Game Pass than they would have otherwise.

To really hit this point home-I had a friend who had his 360 hooked up via composite video even though he owned component cables, he thought I was a wizard when I swapped the cables around. Had another friend who was running his Xbox One at 720p; 1080p blew his mind. Another buddy of mine had his TV picture size set incorrectly and was so pumped when I changed it and he could see the hud in Gears of War.

There are a ton of people out there who are absolutely ignorant when it comes to basic stuff like resolution. A lot of them are people who wait to get a console until there has been a price drop or two and there are a bunch of games out. Series S will pull them in earlier. They don't need to know or understand the difference between Series X and S-to them both can play the newest COD and one is $200 cheaper.

Last edited:
I had a post that was deleted too. Was a comment on how dumb it was that people were console waring in the ban thread after complaining about catching a thread ban for console wars.

I think they just cleared out all of the posts there rather than picking and choosing. There were a few console warriors going at it and a few of us commenting on the lack of self-awareness. I'm not too worried about it. I don't think a post deletion is the end of the world and I assume the mods understand our posts but just wanted to clear out all of the noise.

I have friends who are buying the Series S + Game Pass. They could afford a $500 console but usually wait a few years for a price drop. They typically play COD, GTA, Madden, NBA, FIFA, and a handful of free to play games. They don't turn on game mode, they don't calibrate their TVs, they just play games casually. They got super excited about Game Pass + EA for Madden and FIFA. They usually only buy one or two years year of the games per gen so they are find with always being a year behind on the service. They are getting a lot more entertainment out of the Series S + Game Pass than they would have otherwise.

To really hit this point home-I had a friend who had his 360 hooked up via composite video even though he owned component cables, he thought I was a wizard when I swapped the cables around. Had another friend who was running his Xbox One at 720p; 1080p blew his mind. Another buddy of mine had his TV picture size set incorrectly and was so pumped when I changed it and he could see the hud in Gears of War.

There are a ton of people out there who are absolutely ignorant when it comes to basic stuff like resolution. A lot of them are people who wait to get a console until there has been a price drop or two and there are a bunch of games out. Series S will pull them in earlier. They don't need to know or understand the difference between Series X and S-to them both can play the newest COD and one is $200 cheaper.
Look I know it's Halloween guys but you don't need to share stories that are this scary, you should just stick to normal scary you know like guys in masks going around stabbing people.

LOL at that guy in the ban thread complaining thinking that his posts are the only ones getting deleted. The persecution complexes are too much now it's not just only my side of some stupid console wars getting moderated now it's also only my drive by comments in the ban thread are the ones getting moderated for being useless trash no one needs to read right now. People need to realize that's not a social thread and maybe limit the useless commentary in it. Can't wait for that guy to complain he got reply banned from the thread I guess he'd have to do that here though.

Flintty

Repeatedly be a dick and face the consequences. It’s not hard to understand. I’m sure many of us have come close to a warning on a number of occasions but it’s about knowing where that line is between a joke and constantly derailing.

Sadly, some just can’t see where that line is.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Meta talk:

The Next-Gen spec thread should have been shut down months ago. This is from someone who loves both consoles, so not the usual crop of permanently upset Xbox console warriors.

By allowing a safe space to foment so much irrationality, the rest of Gaming side has had to pay the price over the last year (and it is indeed better now). It is essentially a mild version of the exact same thing that happened to old Gaf with Poligaf and the Black Culture Thread. Safe space breeds insanity. Insanity attracts more insane people. The final result spills out everywhere.

It’s not that making console warriors cry by calling out their DF whining isn’t fun, amongst other things, but that takes away a lot of time from actual, productive discussion, if it’s even possible in the face of people who have diverted right off the reality track, and can’t help but derail everything.

People need reasonable pushback and criticism at all stages.

Last edited:

Saber

Hey guys. Everyone been good? Ive been super mia. Ive just been so lazy, like too lazy to even conversate. Anyways anyone wanna recommend some Super Nes games? Preferably obscure. I wanna play some stuff.

Theres are also the one with Duck Dodgers. Its kinda a weird one though, for some reason Duffy Duck has recoil on his gun and have to watch his fuel to transitate through stages.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Repeatedly be a dick and face the consequences. It’s not hard to understand. I’m sure many of us have come close to a warning on a number of occasions but it’s about knowing where that line is between a joke and constantly derailing.

Sadly, some just can’t see where that line is.

Nobody was a dick, not the mods, not the users.

Actual picture of the Ban Review line over the last two years:

fTwEvh9.png

I think they want a perfectly business-like place, and I’m down with that, and understand it now. But it hasn’t always been clear, based on what gets deleted and what doesn’t, what exactly they wanted.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It is essentially a mild version of the exact same thing that happened to old Gaf with Poligaf and the Black Culture Thread. Safe space breeds insanity. Insanity attracts more insane people. The final result spills out everywhere.
Despite your obvious psychotic break, you're 100% spot on with this.

Luckily I think the mods this time around are far better equipped to handle the spillage.

Last edited:

Flintty

Nobody was a dick, not the mods, not the users.

Actual picture of the Ban Review line over the last two years:

fTwEvh9.png

I think they want a perfectly business-like place, and I’m down with that, and understand it now. But it hasn’t always been clear, based on what gets deleted and what doesn’t, what exactly they wanted.

Sorry, I was commenting more on recent bans, rather than having posts in that thread removed. Posted it here so it wouldn’t be removed 😆 I should have been clearer.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Sorry, I was commenting more on recent bans, rather than having posts in that thread removed. Posted it here so it wouldn’t be removed 😆 I should have been clearer.

No worries at all, lol. I only realized after posting, that it sounded more like Vawn criticism.

Ugh, everything is so confusing right now. Posting between Meta and Ban Review is like multi-dimensional double-track drifting, lol.

Poor Xaero and Zom Zom are just completely lost.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
No worries at all, lol. I only realized after posting, that it sounded more like Vawn criticism.

Ugh, everything is so confusing right now. Posting between Meta and Ban Review is like multi-dimensional double-track drifting, lol.

Poor Xaero and Zom Zom are just completely lost.
Aww that's cute, you guys have pet names already.

Am I the best matchmaker or what?

Nymphae

Banned
you are being a bully Nymph. what is with this ideological purity bullshit you are pulling rn

Seeing as the post was deleted, I'll repost here.

If you would like to respond to a post I make, or say something directly to me, quote the post or @ me, I know you know how to do this. There are no positive reasons to not do either of these things when you are talking directly to a member here.

I don't see how it's bullying to simply laugh at someone for obsessively reading tweets about himself (from accounts he has blocked) while telling others to delete twitter. I just wanted to know how he was reading the tweets about himself from blocked accounts, and asked. This is bullying? Ideological purity? What are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom