• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
I want to earn my stripes.
xCKJX9c.gif

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don't care much about sales as the people who care about those want e-peen points.
I think sales are also interesting if you are not into console warring, because they indicate which games you can expect to see more of.
you can have all my points, i don't give a shit

i wasn't aware there was a top 20 until recently, are you goofy fucks taking this shit seriously
How could you miss that, MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima post about that all the time.

NOOOOOOOOOOO THAT MEANS YOU HATE THEM YOU CAN'T DO THAT

You don't have to hate someone for it, just tell them to chill out!

If someone goes "Lol, what do you know?", then that is their problem, since they don't know you well enough to form an opinion.

I think sales are also interesting if you are not into console warring, because they indicate which games you can expect to see more of.

How could you miss that, MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima post about that all the time.

That'd be interesting, but sadly I have seen people console warring in the Sales Threads as well.

It's because their Trophy Count is tiny. ;)

Kagey K

Banned
Not arguing, as I totally see what you’re getting at, and want positive discussion myself, but the line between free discussion and non-trolly discussion is really hard to maintain.

For example, those may be low-effort quotes, but I personally think there’s a grain of truth to both. Should someone get kicked out of a thread for saying something with a grain of truth to it? I really don’t know about that.

I think the only thing that can happen, really, is what is currently happening. Give the bad actors enough rope to hang themselves with, and if they display repeated disruptive, fanboy behavior, ban or remove them from the thread.

I think an avenue that users can take is to ignore (not with the feature, just ignore) these people, and contribute something positive to the thread for people to discuss instead. When we get caught up with people like this, we take the bait, and we contribute to that negativity, becoming just as guilty of ruining the thread.

I totally get wanting to call out bad behavior, and do so, but a lot of these people just want to drag you, and the thread, into the mud with them. I guess it’s key for us to recognize that when it’s happening, back off, and return to productive discussion in the thread. Not like the mods won’t take care of it, probably with a humorous, deserved ban message too.
I have to double post as multi quote doesn’t work on ipadOS 13 for some reason.

I agree that if they have a point to make they shouldn’t be reply banned for being dissenting. I don’t want to see another echo chamber.
It’s literally just the troll low effort posts I’d like to see handled. There are a lot of them in certain threads and it becomes impossible to discuss the actual thread because of them.
If people knew there were consequences for doing the bare minimum, then either they will find more elaborate ways to troll the thread or not comment at all as it adds nothing to the discussion.

Either way I see this as a win, win, but again it’s not my site and they can run it as they wish, I’m only giving my opinion as to how it could be better.
everyone is free to agree or disagree with my random thoughts.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’ve got to stay out of some of those threads when I get heated.

I kind of pulled the mods into it in public, even if I tried to convey the respect I have for them, and I feel bad, because in hindsight, that was rude. At least I feel like it was, and it’s really bothering me. So, I just want to apologize.

My heart tends to be in the right place, if you can even say that about yourself, but my civility and empathy drop when an emotion gets too intense.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don’t know about these numbers. I’m going to keep posting things I’m happy with and like (or try). Maybe that works for me, maybe it doesn’t. I’m okay with that — the number one thing is being happy with yourself.

(Although, I’m feeling the itch to win now :messenger_tears_of_joy:)

That said, if I was ever to pass MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima , we all know he is, and will forever be, the true queen of NeoGaf. ❤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom