• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadayi

Banned
Look, we want you to express yourself, okay? Now if you feel that the bare minimum is enough, then okay. But some people choose to do more and we encourage that, okay? You do want to express yourself, don't you?

Don't waste your breathe tbh. I'm pretty sure he's done this whole 'why get an Avatar?' thing before earlier in the year, with the same lack of result.

NOBODY KNOWS WHO THESE FEMALE SEGA CHARACTERS ARE FAM

Come on Darling. I always tell you those SEGA babes in private. 😘😍

When I look at them, all I can see is this.

Tf0pOx7.jpg

Number-Posters are extremely rare but those are great Unicorns to behold when you find one

In all seriousness, I think the gist is basically this.

If a letterposter is making utterly stupid posts, and acting like every stereotype of a letterposter, fire away. The fact is that letterposters have a terrible reputation for a reason. :messenger_confused:

On the other hand, if a letterposter has opinions you don’t like, and you resort to superficial insults over an avatar, and I’ve seen some examples of that in the past day, in spirit, you might be the letterposter.

The only letter poster I know on GAF is thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best as he is a SEGA fan, and I do hope he/she creates an Amazing Avatar one day to associate a Thicc Gurl with a SEGA twist! :LOL:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I see yet another person got banned for console warring.

I just don’t get it. Worshipping and attacking plastic boxes, two of which are almost identical, is a level of HailCorporate that I don’t understand on a fundamental level.

Kids? Sure. There’s some posters doing this though, that, I’m pretty sure are old enough to have kids of their own. That’s just sad.

Just be happy and enjoy things, and be happy for others enjoying things.

We all do trolls, jokes, and jabs, but seriously spending your time getting into fights with strangers on the internet over literal fun and games, has to be the stupidest thing.

Virex

Banned
I see yet another person got banned for console warring.

I just don’t get it. Worshipping and attacking plastic boxes, two of which are almost identical, is a level of HailCorporate that I don’t understand on a fundamental level.

Kids? Sure. There’s some posters doing this though, that, I’m pretty sure are old enough to have kids of their own. That’s just sad.

Just be happy and enjoy things, and be happy for others enjoying things.

We all do trolls, jokes, and jabs, but seriously spending your time getting into fights with strangers on the internet over literal fun and games, has to be the stupidest thing.
They need to go outside a little bit. Console wars are the most useless thing ever. Sure I prefer another console maybe over another. But I own them all along with a PC and all of them have great games. Sitting online all day defending a console or a game seems pointless as well.

kiiltz

not sure where to put this - i think the stickied thread I was looking for has been moved and locked. anyways - neat little meta data feature on your profile page would be cool to display who is your "biggest fan" - ie. have given you the most emoticons.

i'm an ideas man.
wouldn't that be awkward

like what it if it's someone you don't like or don't even know

it'd be like all of sudden finding out the ugliest kid in school has a crush on you

Nymphae

Banned
it'd be like all of sudden finding out the ugliest kid in school has a crush on you

It might turn your opinion around to know someone you dislike is digging your content. Or maybe not.

But you pretty much get a good sense of who your "fans" are anyway by just paying attention to your notifications (if you have them turned on for reactions), I don't know that I'd need a stat page to show me what I already know, but it's a neat little idea.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
We could try, I've crawled some sites for a game list but it has like 60,000 entries. Not sure if we'd get many votes or people would complain their game has been missed off. Plus we have GOTY 2019 coming up, so maybe save it for the new year?

Up to you, I'm just yelling at you to get it done while I sit here and scratch my balls and not help whatsoever.

-Arcadia-

Banned
We could try, I've crawled some sites for a game list but it has like 60,000 entries. Not sure if we'd get many votes or people would complain their game has been missed off. Plus we have GOTY 2019 coming up, so maybe save it for the new year?

Next year sounds like the way to go. Too much voting could exhaust people, and the timeframe of early next year just sounds like a good time to get nostalgic about the 2010s, and figure them out.

Rather than trying to provide a list, I’d just let people post whatever they want, and tabulate the votes. Chances are, they all have a pretty solid idea in mind for their pick.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think it’s slowly getting back there. I do agree. MetaGaf is really fun when it’s both serving the purposes of discussion about Gaf, and kind of being a lot of free-wheeling silliness between users.

Like you said, not having a particular topic to talk about, just kind of takes the leash off, and really lets everyone just have a great time with each other.

Nymphae

Banned
I just noticed today is Meta Gaf's birthday! I know I've complained in the past about the directions this place has wandered, but ultimately, I love this weird ass thread and it's mixture of thoughtful introspection, help & advice, shitpost tsunamis and general forum fa...farcicality. Here's to another year of madness!

leo-dicaprio-champagne-tumblr.jpg

I just noticed today is Meta Gaf's birthday! I know I've complained in the past about the directions this place has wandered, but ultimately, I love this weird ass thread and it's mixture of thoughtful introspection, help & advice, shitpost tsunamis and general forum fa...farcicality. Here's to another year of madness!

Cheers, you animals.

Papa

Banned

Fuck I hate “this place” comments. Metacommentary whine posts are the worst of all, change my mind

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
See you in a few days Kadayi Kadayi lol

Never heard this before, now having a look through the album. Thank you - I always appreciate finding new (to me) awesome music. Seriously that shit's gonna be stuck in my head for days.

In unrelated news: I fucking love this place. I'm so glad I finally found a home on the internet. EviLore EviLore you've done a damn good thing here, as I've said before it's fucking hard running a forum and it attracts enormous amounts of hassle that I no longer have the stomach for - you've got balls the size of king kong.

Last edited by a moderator:

plushyp

Missed opportunity to use the gif, Nympho

giphy.gif

Nymphae

Banned
Missed opportunity to use the gif, Nympho

I tend to avoid gifs these days since many users seem to have issues with gifs from some domains appearing as a blank post, but thank you, that does look better :messenger_sunglasses:

Never heard this before, now having a look through the album. Thank you - I always appreciate finding new (to me) awesome music. Seriously that shit's gonna be stuck in my head for days.

Very happy to have introduced you to The Odds! One of my favourite Canadian rock bands from the 90's, they're mostly forgotten now but they had some great radio hits. Heterosexual Man is probably one of their best, and that video is fun too, I totally forgot The Kids in the Hall were in it, in drag of course lol. I listened to a bunch of their stuff again today, my favourite when I was younger was Someone Who is Cool, and Make You Mad (video also featuring more Kids in the Hall). Here's a few more for ya:

Kagey K

Banned
I tend to avoid gifs these days since many users seem to have issues with gifs from some domains appearing as a blank post, but thank you, that does look better :messenger_sunglasses:

Very happy to have introduced you to The Odds! One of my favourite Canadian rock bands from the 90's, they're mostly forgotten now but they had some great radio hits. Heterosexual Man is probably one of their best, and that video is fun too, I totally forgot The Kids in the Hall were in it, in drag of course lol. I listened to a bunch of their stuff again today, my favourite when I was younger was Someone Who is Cool, and Make You Mad (video also featuring more Kids in the Hall). Here's a few more for ya:

After he’s done checking out The Odds he should go digging into 54-40, another great Canadian rock band that found very little success abroad. (Other then having Hootie and the Blowfish cover I Go Blind)

-Arcadia-

Banned
Looks like we lost legacyzero already. He didn’t last long.

If Gaf is Evilore’s hot dog stand, and you walk up to him and the stand on a really bad day, and spit in his face, then have the nerve to come back years later without an apology, and pretending like nothing happened, and still somehow be served a hot dog...

Maybe you should be a little appreciative, eat your damn hot dog, and not make any trouble.

That’s my take, tortured analogy and all.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Looks like his attitude in this thread:

Thanks. I’ll give it a read, I saw it earlier and had it in another window to read anyways. Now extra curious to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom