• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Acid: new pics

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't care if this is a card game, it looks awesome to me. Thanks.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
You'd think it'd look better as its not real time...alwell

i AM glad to see at least one developer catering to the handheld market with the PSP and not porting the PS2 games that, for me anyway, dont seem like very good games to play 'on the go'.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Cerebral Palsy said:
Hahahahaha

I feel bad for MGS fans.

Well you couldnt have a PS2 style MGS game on PSP, you'd barely get through the intro before the batterys ran out

JOKE!! ITS A JOKE STOP HITTING ME

Laurent

mga.jpg
mga02.jpg

What's up with Snake's long (weird) hair?!

The only thing that doesn't look good about it is the hand drawn art. Seriously who did this sh!t and who's bright idea was to to replace Shinkawa? The girl looks fine, but Solid..Wow...Luckily the actual in game modeling seems to be based on MGS2 and MGS3's models and not this new guys character design.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
SolidSnakex said:
The only thing that doesn't look good about it is the hand drawn art. Seriously who did this sh!t and who's bright idea was to to replace Shinkawa? The girl looks fine, but Solid..Wow...Luckily the actual in game modeling seems to be based on MGS2 and MGS3's models and not this new guys character design.

Yeah, it reminds me of ZOE2 for some reason. What the hell am I still doing here? I need to get to Gamestop and pre-order!

Grizzlyjin said:
Yeah, it reminds me of ZOE2 for some reason. What the hell am I still doing here? I need to get to Gamestop and pre-order!

It's Solid's designt hat really bothers me, the other ones look pretty decent. His though just doesn't work, especially after seeing Shinkawa's version of him. It's like they're trying too hard to make him look cool.

Going by the pics, it looks like you'll be able to switch back and forth between Solid and that girl during the game. Hopefully the other one will work on his/her own when you're controlling the other character.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
The whole thing doesn't look good, not when we're seeing PSP games up to the standard of PS2 titles coming out right now. This is barely competing with a game which came out 3 years ago.

Mrbob

This is a bit disappoiinting as Konami is known for being able to exploit new hardware. The backgrounds and characters look really bland. I guess we'll have to wait for MGS Acid 2 before we start reaching MGS2/MGS3 level graphics on the PSP.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, it's a bit disappointing in just about every way. Concept, visuals (explosions look sweet, though) absence of Shinkawa...

Yeah, it's a whole new (young) team.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Cerebral Palsy said:
Hahahahaha

I feel bad for MGS fans.

I don't know what you're talking about. This game screams strategy to me and I love these type of games. Bring it on!

It's Team Kojima minus Kojima as the director. It looks as good as MGS2, it just doens't have any color tint which is one thing they should add to it.

Mama Smurf

No way does it look as good as MGS2. I don't know why it doesn't if it's simply the same team minus their director.

Even if it did look as good, that's not really good enough, not when MGS2's 3 years old and the PSP is supposed to be able to put out graphics as good as the PS2. Especially when we see games like GT4 running on it and Armored Core looking as good as it's console equivalent.

I don't suppose it matters much, but it would have been nice to see Acid pushing the system in the same way other Metal Gears have (on Sony systems anyway).

Laurent

Mama Smurf said:
No way does it look as good as MGS2. I don't know why it doesn't if it's simply the same team minus their director.

Even if it did look as good, that's not really good enough, not when MGS2's 3 years old and the PSP is supposed to be able to put out graphics as good as the PS2. Especially when we see games like GT4 running on it and Armored Core looking as good as it's console equivalent.

I don't suppose it matters much, but it would have been nice to see Acid pushing the system in the same way other Metal Gears have (on Sony systems anyway).
What? Where have you heard such a thing... Where have you SEEN such a thing? Metal Gear Acid is awesome on a system that is remotely better than PSX*, not PS2...

* I meant the original PlayStation, which was released in 1995

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
This looks as good as MGS2? Im guessing you're talking from an artisitic standpoint.

No, from an art standpoint it looks worse due to the lack of color tint. But as far as modeling and backgrounds go, it looks pretty much the same.

Mama Smurf

Laurent said:
What? Where have you heard such a thing... Where have you SEEN such a thing? Metal Gear Acid is awesome on a system that is remotely better than PSX, not PS2...

Please, it's so far ahead of the PSX it's not even worth mentioning that system.

I've heard it from multiple developers (not in some "I know people way", proper comments which are available on the net), though I couldn't say who, and look at GT4. Look at Amored Core. Did I not give examples in my post? Oh, I think I might just have.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Laurent said:
What? Where have you heard such a thing... Where have you SEEN such a thing? Metal Gear Acid is awesome on a system that is remotely better than PSX, not PS2...

PSX = PlayStation 2 + DVD burner + HDD

You do not make sense ;).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Laurent, I think someone has lied to you about PSP power - badly :p

Because it's a different group of (new) people, making the game. The actual 'old' team is working on MGS3, as you can imagine.

Mama Smurf

You're sure of it why? Because games have been shown of the same quality? Because the PSP can actually do some things the PS2 can't? Because developers have said games will look as good, if not better? Because we're seeing games which look as good as the current PS2 titles (almost 4 1/2 years into its life) on a system not even out yet?

I mean, do you actually have any points or are you just going to keep stating your opinion till I agree?

I'm not kidding myself, it doesn't look as good when you factor in the art, but everything else is basically in line with MGS2.

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
I'm not kidding myself, it doesn't look as good when you factor in the art, but everything else is basically in line with MGS2.

Well uh let's see:

The backgrounds are simpler.
Ditto for character models.
The backgrounds don't have the level of detail of MGS2's.
Ditto for character models. :p
The textures seem to be really grainy.
There's plenty of TEH JAGGIEZ.

Yeah, it's not inline with MGS2.

Shoryuken

SolidSnakex said:

:lol

This coming from the same person that argued weeks on end with Li Mu Bai that MGS:TS didn't look near as good as MGS2. Sorry the art isn't the problem with this game, it just doesn't look as good. It looks noticeably worse that MGS2 and worse than TS.

Grizzlyjin

Shoryuken said:
:lol

This coming from the same person that argued weeks on end with Li Mu Bai that MGS:TS didn't look near as good as MGS2. Sorry the art isn't the problem with this game, it just doesn't look as good. It looks noticeably worse that MGS2 and worse than TS.

I don't think The Twin Snakes looks as good as Sons of Liberty either. Snake's character model looks pretty close to MGS2 in Ac!d at least in the screen posted in here, especially his face. Its not really a big deal, its not like the PSP screen is the size of a computer monitor...

You guys get so huffy over everything. :D

"This coming from the same person that argued weeks on end with Li Mu Bai that MGS:TS didn't look near as good as MGS2."

And what did we find out when it was released? That it didn't look as good as MGS2, and Li Mu Bai even finnaly admitted that it didn't.

Shoryuken

SolidSnakex said:
"This coming from the same person that argued weeks on end with Li Mu Bai that MGS:TS didn't look near as good as MGS2."

And what did we find out when it was released? That it didn't look as good as MGS2, and Li Mu Bai even finnaly admitted that it didn't.

My point wasn't that TTS looked better that MGS2, it's that MGS:TS looks way better than this yet you think that this looks on par with MGS2. For the record I don't think TS looks as good a MGS2, but I think that it looks a lot closer than this does.

Shoryuken said:
My point wasn't that TTS looked better that MGS2, it's that MGS:TS looks way better than this yet you think that this looks on par with MGS2. For the record I don't think TS looks as good a MGS2, but I think that it looks a lot closer than this does.

Twin Snakes looks way better than this? Umm ok. We must've played different versions of the game.

Shoryuken

SolidSnakex said:
Twin Snakes looks way better than this? Umm ok. We must've played different versions of the game.

Way better was a bit of an overstatement, but let me ask you a question. Which one looks better this or TTS? Now this is all based on the recent screenshots, this could possibly look much better in the future. But as it stands now I'd say MGS2>MGS:TS>MGS:A in the graphics department.

Top Bottom