• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Acid: new pics

exstatic

LOL this thread, Snake and Dark. Joke characters are a riot. Just think if there were people like this in real life though. Hehe.

Jumpman

exstatic said:
LOL this thread, Snake and Dark. Joke characters are a riot. Just think if there were people like this in real life though. Hehe.

Way to go! You come here and with your first post, you insult two longstanding forum members. I'm sure you'll be real popular around here.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Jumpman said:
Way to go! You come here and with your first post, you insult two longstanding forum members. I'm sure you'll be real popular around here.
I insult SSX and Drinky Crow all the time. :)

Jumpman said:

dark10x at least sounds somewhat reasonable most of the time. SSX is a fucking loon, no matter how many posts he has.

Jumpman

Society said:
I insult SSX and Drinky Crow all the time. :)

Yeah but did you do it in your first post. :)

Ninja Scooter said:
dark10x at least sounds somewhat reasonable most of the time. SSX is a fucking loon, no matter how many posts he has.

SSX is not an idiot, nor is he crazy. He's just real passionate about Konami, and that can lead to situations like this one, where he is just plain wrong.

MGA may look substandard right now, but I have to believe that it won't look like this when it is finally released.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Dez said:
Yes there are framerate problems, but you act as though MGS2 is perfect in that regard - it is not.. There are times when the game slows down significantly - i actually prefer dropped frames to drawing all of the frames in slow motion.. Plus the screen tearing in FPS mode (check out the battle with fatman or whatever) is TERRIBLE - something i normally see in PC games.. I agree with you that MGS2 looks better overall than TTS but it's a matter of personal preference i think, not night and day like you are trying to say.

MGS2 is not perfect in this regard, but it holds a solid 60 fps the vast majority of the time. Most of the slowdown occurs when copius amounts of particles fill the screen (such as during the Fortune fight) and when a TON of geometry is being displayed (for example, during the Fatman fight, the entire Big Shell is viewable to the player...and the Shell is quite a detailed structure from the outside). Both the tearing and the framerate problems are rather minor and rarely occur.

TTS, however, has framerate problems far more often than MGS2. Nearly every single area involving any AI has problems with the framerate. The only areas where the framerate can maintain 60 fps usually consist of a simple room with no enemies present (or very few, patrolling guards). The second they spring to life or you start firing in first person, you're at 30 fps. It is a rare moment indeed that one can fire the pistol and not have a framerate hit.

Perhaps I am sounding a bit too harsh, but these problems are on par with games like Sonic Adventure DX or Ecco DC (though that is 30 fps with slowdown, not 60 with slowdown).

I'm almost nostalgic for these MGS-TTS sessions... :p

Socreges

Banned
Doesn't look all that good. Doesn't sound all that good. Kojima is hands-off, if not completely uninvolved.

Therefore, bleh. But I'll keep an eye on it.

Laurent

Will there be movies of actual gameplay anytime soon? I'm anxious to see everyone shut their mouths when they'll notice that once the game is fluid, the graphics doesn't look so bad...

Considering Konami is known to push the limits of technology while not breaking them, this looks terrible. It's a bit weird that Konami is using their most popular franchise, taking out all the fun of what makes Metal Gear and then making it look awkward (artwork mixed with real time graphics, which look bland and uninspired) doesn't make me believe that they're putting much effort into it. Possibly because of the cost of software development.

GDGF

Soothsayer
From the description, this sounds like some kinda point and click flash game (or maybe more like the old arcade laser disc games) where you use a card (instead of pushing the joystick at the right time or clicking somewhere) to move. That just doesn't sound very exciting for a Metal Gear game. You can tell Kojima isn't really involved.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
To me , this game sounds a lot like X-Com and other turn based strategy games, which I frankly never much liked. The whole card thing seems to be used the same way you would select an option to attack/defend/etc, from a menu in the X-Com command panel.

Why do you people even care what this Jpop-sushi-eating-school-girl-outfit-wearing-Japanese wannabe thinks? Honestly...
Heh, you seem to care enough to insult him, no?

GDGF

Soothsayer
God's Hand said:
Why do you people even care what this Jpop-sushi-eating-school-girl-outfit-wearing-Japanese wannabe thinks? Honestly...

I thought you were talking about Kojima at first :lol

God's Hand said:

:lol :lol :lol

As for SSX's comments in this thread, he gets 3 Dean's out of 4:

dean.gif
dean.gif
dean.gif

Kon Tiki

Banned
Marconelly said:
Heh, you seem to care enough to insult him, no?
search "Jpop-sushi-eating-school-girl-outfit-wearing-Japanese wannabe"

searching...

Match found : SolidSnakeX

info SolidSnakeX
SolidSnakeX - passionate about Konami and Sony

ALERT custom flag found - Sony

run Damage Control

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Robby to Kojima: Metal Gear Solid on the GBC kicked so much ass! Of course Metal Gear's gameplay could work on a portable system, PLEASE MAKE IT SO.

I guess a card game is decent? I'm not interested at all in this title but that isn't the developer's fault they just haven't released enough info to grab my attention.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
search "Jpop-sushi-eating-school-girl-outfit-wearing-Japanese wannabe"

searching...

Match found : SolidSnakeX

info SolidSnakeX
SolidSnakeX - passionate about Konami and Sony

ALERT custom flag found - Sony

run Damage Control
You should either get better at this, or just give up.

Then again, you are progressing... Last time it was what?... just a copy paste of something someone else wrote. Now you're adding couple of words of your own.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Marconelly said:
To me, this game sounds a lot like X-Com and other turn based strategy games, which I frankly never much liked. The whole card thing seems to be used the same way you would select an option to attack/defend/etc, from a menu in the X-Com command panel.

Actually, I've felt some X-Com vibes too. And since I loved the X-Com games, I'm hoping Metal Gear Acid will be a similar kind of game.

TekunoRobby said:
Robby to Kojima: Metal Gear Solid on the GBC kicked so much ass! Of course Metal Gear's gameplay could work on a portable system, PLEASE MAKE IT SO.

MGS on GBC was kind of cool, but the crappy hardware degraded the experience for me. The bleepy music, the static viewpoint, the lack of voices...it was really hard going back to this after playing the 3D MGS games.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Marconelly said:
You should either get better at this, or just give up.

Then again, you are progressing... Last time it was what?... just a copy paste of something someone else wrote. Now you're adding couple of words of your own.

"You should ... just give up." -Marconelly

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Kiriku said:
MGS on GBC was kind of cool, but the crappy hardware degraded the experience for me. The bleepy music, the static viewpoint, the lack of voices...it was really hard going back to this after playing the 3D MGS games.
YOU ARE SO SPOILED! :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
TekunoRobby said:
YOU ARE SO SPOILED! :)

I just can't go back now, I need my cinematic fix! :p
Same thing happened when voices were introduced for point-and-click adventure games. Now it feels weird to play the older games without voices. :/

Top Bottom